GAC to Become DAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

NowInc

So what else happened today, on the first day of DAS? Were there hundreds or thousands of people with entitlement issues causing chaos at Guest Relations at all of the parks, like a lot of people seemed to be expecting (and hoping)? Or is this one (1) person really all we've had to talk about all day?

It was complete pandaemonium! Riots on mainstreet USA!! The police showed up in full riot gear and threw tear gas into the crowds while disney CMs all wore shirts about hating the disabled!

....it was business as usual. From everyone I know who was there, and even some whom actually needed to use the system...it was no big deal.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
It was complete pandaemonium! Riots on mainstreet USA!! The police showed up in full riot gear and threw tear gas into the crowds while disney CMs all wore shirts about hating the disabled!

....it was business as usual. From everyone I know who was there, and even some whom actually needed to use the system...it was no big deal.
I think you can get still some of those on Amazon.

Cletus

Here is a story she wrote on her blog about 2 weeks ago. I totally believe her last line (under the pic)....its about the smartest thing I've seen from her all day. Oh, the irony of that statement. I believe she is about to find that out firsthand. o_O

http://autismhippie.blogspot.com/2013/09/lockup-raw-strawberry-festival.html

After reading the entry I now believe that all attraction CMs should dress as police officers.

duchess1

It is comforting to know that on most of the other Disney boards I checked today, they all felt the same way as most of us did here about Autism Hippie and her attitude towards the new system and especially the CMs. I think she uses Disney as some sort of "babysitter" for her son and lets him go on the rides over and over so that she can get a break - which is not Disney's job, but would account for her attitude and over-the-top reaction. She was abusing the system then, and is abusing the system now.

Aurora1

Are you kidding me? What you are seeing is it for the severely autistic. They can't be taught to understand. They are like a two year old in a grownups body. Again, for those who have children who are mildly-autistic, they should be the ones weaning their children off the unlimited FOTL FastPass system that GAC afforded them because those children do have a chance to learn and become productive citizens.

That is not entirely true. They CAN be taught to understand, with the right process. I teach severely autistic students, some of whom are unable to go to the bathroom on their own, feed themselves, etc. Regardless of that fact, they are able to understand things with the right reinforcement and discipline. We work with parents and these students to develop basic skills including waiting through distractions/reinforcement, and it has an impact on most (lets say 85 percent of kids) in some way. Yes, there are a few who will never understand. But to say they can't be taught is a bit of an over-generalization.

jrlbc06

That woman is a Saint for what she is burdened with and Disney knows it. Get over it and go to the back of the line.

Maybe instead of constantly closing this thread, the mods should just ban pinkerton who is obviously unable to have an adult conversation, is consistently trolling, attacking, and riling people up. There is one person who is consistently out of control in this thread....

Last edited:

JerseyDad

...now..she mentioned on her own facebook page that she was not authorized to tape the cast members (if you want to get REALLY technical, it can be a legal issue). She knew she was in the wrong and chose to press forward.

....I really hope someone out there copied her video (if possible) ....her threats of physical injury from her son should he not get his way are enough for Disney to go after her.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
....I really hope someone out there copied her video (if possible) ....her threats of physical injury from her son should he not get his way are enough for Disney to go after her.
They won't bother, and they shouldn't. If she tried to litigate (which I doubt she would), she'd lose. What is sad is that she does nothing positive for the cause she claims to be supporting...

It's just...sad.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Are you kidding me? What you are seeing is it for the severely autistic. They can't be taught to understand. They are like a two year old in a grownups body. Again, for those who have children who are mildly-autistic, they should be the ones weaning their children off the unlimited FOTL FastPass system that GAC afforded them because those children do have a chance to learn and become productive citizens.

According to Autism Hippie's own Blog post they can be taught to understand -

http://autismhippie.blogspot.com/2013/09/lockup-raw-strawberry-festival.html

Thelazer

Love her blog post Oct 3rd
"
Regards,
Autism Hippie, MD
(Feel free to present this at your next IEP meeting - being an autism mom qualifies me as a doctor.)
"
I don't think that's going to hold up in court, but what do I know, being a guy makes me a judge.....

Even better her reply to a comment on her blog:

"
Kaylee - I agree! My son only rides four rides at Disney's Hollywood Studios. When the ride is over, we exit the ride, and return to the Guest Assistance entrance. We have NEVER been permitted to just remain on a ride. I wouldn't expect it and I DON'T think it's fair. The Guest Assistance entrances are coordinated with the general lines. By remaining on the ride, they're possibly delaying another child with autism from riding."

Wait, didn't she have a video bragging about the re-ride passes she got "like 30 of them" or "like a stack of them"....... hmm, pot kettle black?

jrlbc06

Because this is NOT a democracy...this is a privately run website with less than a handful of moderators that don't have time to track down every troublemaker.

All due respect to the mods who work hard on this website to allow us to have a great discussion location....but there is one troublemaker in this thread. One person who is consistently causing the thread to go out of control.

That said, point taken

Lucky

...but there is one troublemaker in this thread. One person who is consistently causing the thread to go out of control.

Not to defend in any way the person you have in mind, but this thread was first closed 12 days before he even joined as a member here. GAC threads on this site have been getting "out of control" and shut down for bad behavior for over 7 years. You can look them up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom