GAC to Become DAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

luv

My hope is that they will eventually tie the DAS to the magic band. Same deal as above, but the CM at the attraction loads your DAS wait time to your MM+ account and to people in your party. So you could have 6 people with 6 DAS cards, but each person could only be virtually waiting for one attraction at a time. Think someone mentioned this earlier in the thread but after this many pages I don't remember who!
An interesting idea!

rct247

Even my cast member friends said it won't be perfect and people can still find the loopholes, but this new program will have them jump through a few hoops to get there I will still prevent the attraction to attraction instant access that would let them do the entire park in 4hours when a regular guest couldn't. Guest relations is also supposed to be stricter but I'm not sure how that will be enforced.

Eventually, it will be tied into the MyMagic+, MagicBand, and Fastpass+ but that is still quite a ways away.

Tom Morrow

No matter what, anything, ANYTHING is better than simply lying to Guest Relations and receiving a card that acts just like a no-questions-asked, instant and unlimited Fastpass. That was practically begging people to scam it. Thank you, Disney, for finally tackling this issue.

darthspielberg

So basically all serious concerns were already addressed.

No kiosks causing confusion.
No Autistic kids not understanding return times (not to be a jerk, but how do they handle the 20-30 minute waits from the car to the front gate at MK?)

It's not the wait time that is the issue. My cousin who is severely autistic can handle long rides or plane trips just fine, because he knows going in, it's going to be a trip.

For seven years or so, he's been going to Disney World and able to slide into his favorite rides, especially the Fantasyland dark rides. They had a path of rides they would do, one after the other. Now they'll have to be a concise plan to risk him freaking out over the fact that they aren't immediately hopping over to small world or Peter Pan. Routine is everything to them, and having to break it is going to be stressful for all involved.

I don't fault Disney at all, and I think the system certainly makes things more fair, but it's not just "My child can't handle long waits."

OswaldTheRabbit

It's not the wait time that is the issue. My cousin who is severely autistic can handle long rides or plane trips just fine, because he knows going in, it's going to be a trip.

For seven years or so, he's been going to Disney World and able to slide into his favorite rides, especially the Fantasyland dark rides. They had a path of rides they would do, one after the other. Now they'll have to be a concise plan to risk him freaking out over the fact that they aren't immediately hopping over to small world or Peter Pan. Routine is everything to them, and having to break it is going to be stressful for all involved.

I don't fault Disney at all, and I think the system certainly makes things more fair, but it's not just "My child can't handle long waits."

I agree 100%.... I posted something similar as well. I think it will work for us parents with autistic kids but it is just going to take a fair bit of work to acclimate the kids to the change. My son has a set routine in disney as well that he goes over all the time even when not in disney. (Disney is his "fixation" subject).

To give people man idea of how a fixation works here is his scripted talk...

"We go to disney on a plane or car. We go to coronado springs room 8A. We go to MK and ride Barnstormer. I ride barnstormer."

I hear this about 25 times a day. To be honest it makes me smile most times :). This fact is why no matter what we make these trips happen. DAS or not.

Goofyernmost

You don't need matching return times... the second person gets on the attraction as a guest of the first person.

You use the second card to get a 're-ride' time... or you use it to stack times and reduce the wait till your next attraction.

Now that we know return times aren't enforced, your party could get up to 6 DAS cards and stack up to 6 attractions if you had 6 people in your group who were willing to lie to get a card.
That shouldn't be hard to find since we are a nation of highly moralistic people.:grumpy:

Hyperspace Hoopla

It's funny, but we experienced the exact opposite. Several times people had gotten up to give me and my toddlers seats. Especially late night rides when the kids were tired & dead weight in my arms. A few times other guests even helped my husband and I with the huge double stroller. LOL in retrospect, people were probably taking pity of us :confused: But still I felt as though the other guests were spreading the "Magic"
I've stayed at most of the 20 odd resorts at WDW. I travel with my wife and young son. I never even attempt to sit on a WDW bus, assuming that I'd eventually offer my seat to someone, and get stuck with a rotten standing spot. I head right to that sweet spot in the back by the rear load door and make myself comfortable. When the bus is full, my wife puts our son on her lap so as to only take up one seat for three people. So yes, I do expect healthy young men to offer my wife and son a seat (although it's usually other mothers with older kids that do).

Anyway, the point I intended to make was that in my experience the cheaper the hotel, the more likely you are to have someone offer you their seat. When I pay $70/night t stay at POP, people were always nice to one another. When I use my DVC points to stay in a $500/night room.....not so much.

JimboJones123

So, what happens when Peter Pan is 101, Pooh is in referb, and Snow White no longer exists?

I'm not trying to be difficult, this could easily be your reality this very week with the GAC.

NowInc

Having the persons picture on the pass will deter a LOT of the abuse by locals, in my opinion. With a picture comes the chance of familiarity..and a great chance of "getting caught". The other thing and it seems silly is the obvious "contract" signed. The policy was never different, they catch you...you're banned. However putting it on paper will be a reality kick for some of the frequent abusers. I said it before..the new system isn't perfect by a long shot..but its a huge step in the right direction. The fact that it lends to adaptation will benefit those who feel "wronged".

JimboJones123

I've stayed at most of the 20 odd resorts at WDW. I travel with my wife and young son. I never even attempt to sit on a WDW bus, assuming that I'd eventually offer my seat to someone, and get stuck with a rotten standing spot. I head right to that sweet spot in the back by the rear load door and make myself comfortable. When the bus is full, my wife puts our son on her lap so as to only take up one seat for three people. So yes, I do expect healthy young men to offer my wife and son a seat (although it's usually other mothers with older kids that do).

Anyway, the point I intended to make was that in my experience the cheaper the hotel, the more likely you are to have someone offer you their seat. When I pay $70/night t stay at POP, people were always nice to one another. When I use my DVC points to stay in a $500/night room.....not so much.
What guy wants to sit on the bus/monorail anyways? They should not only offer up their seet, but on busy transportation, never be in a seat to begin with.

Lazy people on the monorails kill me. Especially heading to the park. Are you that tired already that you have to sit on the elderly and children?

Young adults, male and female, are pathetic these days.

In the last 100 visits to MK, I can count on a single hand the times I sat on a monorail.

OswaldTheRabbit

So, what happens when Peter Pan is 101, Pooh is in referb, and Snow White no longer exists?

I'm not trying to be difficult, this could easily be your reality this very week with the GAC.

For Owen you just try to deal with the tantrum (which is not pleasant got anyone) or avoid avoid avoid!!! When we were at disney in June there was a day that almost all the rides in MK were down at some point in the day. Thankfully since it was raining buckets the lightening and thunder was distracting him.

In his case we would change/plan it trip dates around a barnstormer refurb. No question there. If barnstormer was down unexpectedly we would accept the initial tantrum then not go anywhere near storybook land :)/go to another park.

And again these are not "typical 4yr old tantrums" but we are so much better at handling them and he is getting much better at dealing with change.

But that is just us.....

IWantMyMagicBand

What guy wants to sit on the bus/monorail anyways? They should not only offer up their seet, but on busy transportation, never be in a seat to begin with.

Lazy people on the monorails kill me. Especially heading to the park. Are you that tired already that you have to sit on the elderly and children?

Young adults, male and female, are pathetic these days.

In the last 100 visits to MK, I can count on a single hand the times I sat on a monorail.
It's also elevators. I usually have the buggy/stroller with 1 child. My dad and hubby take the other 2 kids up the stairs. I struggle to get in the elevator because of teenagers/young adults/those perfectly capable of walking up stairs.

IWantMyMagicBand

For Owen you just try to deal with the tantrum (which is not pleasant got anyone) or avoid avoid avoid!!! When we were at disney in June there was a day that almost all the rides in MK were down at some point in the day. Thankfully since it was raining buckets the lightening and thunder was distracting him.

In his case we would change/plan it trip dates around a barnstormer refurb. No question there. If barnstormer was down unexpectedly we would accept the initial tantrum then not go anywhere near storybook land :)/go to another park.

And again these are not "typical 4yr old tantrums" but we are so much better at handling them and he is getting much better at dealing with change.

But that is just us.....
Our sons sound quite similar. God help me if I think out loud about making plans and he overhears lol
Some days he sounds like the Chinese woman from Dude where's my car. And then. And then. And then.
He's 4 also.

JimboJones123

But that is just us.....

Thanks for humoring me. That was very generous of you. Maybe Fastpass + will be a huge help.

IWantMyMagicBand

I feel a little uneasy about the "kiosks" and here's why: It puts the disabled "on display" and you know that anyone at the kiosk has disabilities (whether hidden or not), which is discriminatory. Also, how many kiosks will there be in each park? If someone who has a loved one with disabilities and has to walk all over the park to get a new "ticket" (one per ride), it truly is a burden for those families. The whole point of the GAC was to make things EASIER for the disabled and I feel this "one ticket per ride" stuff is going to inhibit the disabled from coming to WDW. It will be interesting to see how it all shakes out. I was hoping they would have tried a "test run" at DL first and if successful THEN bring it to WDW. Guess Disney is confident this will work. Crossing my fingers....
It's not kiosks, you go to the ride to see the CM. It was a few posts back now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom