GAC to Become DAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

mergatroid

Haven't bothered with one of the new cards this year. I have to say though that I've been very impressed with some cast members this year at Fantasmic, Indie and LMAX. On all three as I was walking in they spotted my difficulty in walking and offered me the chance of a reserved handicapped seat to save me using more stairs etc. No questions or anything and it made it much easier for me, a big pat on the back for Disney for that.

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Premium Member
I'm in the never ever ever again camp for Mission Space.
I've done M:S Orange four or five times over the years. With the introduction of Green, however, there is no need to ride Orange ever again.
If you're done with M:S because of the intensity of the ride, give Green a shot.

Tom Morrow

I get annoyed with the stigma that Mission: Space has. Orange doesn't have anything on even your local traveling carnival Gravitron rides as far as spinning and g-forces go, but people act like its this horrible, traumatizing torture device.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I've done M:S Orange four or five times over the years. With the introduction of Green, however, there is no need to ride Orange ever again.
If you're done with M:S because of the intensity of the ride, give Green a shot.

I rode Mission right after it originally opened. You know that feeling that when you get really really sick from eating a food, so much so that you never want to eat that food again? That is me an Mission. :hungover:

Gabe1

I get annoyed with the stigma that Mission: Space has. Orange doesn't have anything on even your local traveling carnival Gravitron rides as far as spinning and g-forces go, but people act like its this horrible, traumatizing torture device.

Did you read through the lawsuits not the ones of guests but with Disney vs the designer of Misson?

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Premium Member
I rode Mission right after it originally opened. You know that feeling that when you get really really sick from eating a food, so much so that you never want to eat that food again? That is me an Mission. :hungover:
Me too. Try Green.
I have to do Star Tours with my eyes closed and my head between my knees, but can do M:S Green no problem. I even enjoy it. Added bonus - little to no wait.

Gabe1

Me too. Try Green.
I have to do Star Tours with my eyes closed and my head between my knees, but can do M:S Green no problem. I even enjoy it. Added bonus - little to no wait.

I could do body wars but not Star. I do go on Star watch for a brief moment pick out spot on floor and stare.
I only gone on to hang with family. But Star doesn't do the same thing to me that Mission did. I was icky for the balance of the day until I was up the next morning. I wont get past that, didn't find it entertaining or fun whatsoever.

JerseyDad

I could do body wars but not Star. I do go on Star watch for a brief moment pick out spot on floor and stare.
I only gone on to hang with family. But Star doesn't do the same thing to me that Mission did. I was icky for the balance of the day until I was up the next morning. I wont get past that, didn't find it entertaining or fun whatsoever.

....first time ever to WDW (2004) we went to Body Wars ...and as the doors opened for us to enter the "vehicle" ....there was a puddle of someone's lunch on the floor.:eek:

....so ...they shifted us to another vehicle that didn't contain a pile of 'yop'.

....needless to say ...the wife (who hates these simulators) ....said .."once is enough". And that was the only time on Body Wars.....

.....however ...when at Universal ...we did the Back to the Future ride ....where you sit in a "DeLorean". Well ... first ..I had the outside seat...and as the 'car' moved ....my head was constantly banged into the side/roof which sloped down and really isn't made for a person of 6' ft height. BUT ...my wife ...exited the ride and was really ...GREEN ...for at least 2 hours ...and was pretty much not herself the remainder of the day. So ...she'll never be one to try Mission Space ...and she gives an exuberant NO ...to Star Tours.

JerseyDad

Just wait until everyone that plans their WDW trip grabs all the FP+'s for rides 60 days prior, and all that is left for the others will be FP+'s for parades, character meets, entry times to stores, and other non-rides...

.....I'm still completely befuddled by the concept of FP or FP+ for 'events' ..like parades ...fireworks (Illuminations in particular) ....and other non-ride attractions.

Gabe1

....first time ever to WDW (2004) we went to Body Wars ...and as the doors opened for us to enter the "vehicle" ....there was a puddle of someone's lunch on the floor.:eek:

....so ...they shifted us to another vehicle that didn't contain a pile of 'yop'.

....needless to say ...the wife (who hates these simulators) ....said .."once is enough". And that was the only time on Body Wars.....

.....however ...when at Universal ...we did the Back to the Future ride ....where you sit in a "DeLorean". Well ... first ..I had the outside seat...and as the 'car' moved ....my head was constantly banged into the side/roof which sloped down and really isn't made for a person of 6' ft height. BUT ...my wife ...exited the ride and was really ...GREEN ...for at least 2 hours ...and was pretty much not herself the remainder of the day. So ...she'll never be one to try Mission Space ...and she gives an exuberant NO ...to Star Tours.

You're wife and I would tour well together! My DS who works for the Mouse will not ride Mission but loves Star.
If Avatar winds up being yet another simulator I'll be even less excited about Avatar than I am already.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
.....I'm still completely befuddled by the concept of FP or FP+ for 'events' ..like parades ...fireworks (Illuminations in particular) ....and other non-ride attractions.
Different people like different things. I did a FP+ for the new talking Mickey M&G. Meeting Mickey is a must do for my 2 yo son. Talking Mickey - how cool is that for a little kid! I also did a FP+ for Fantasmic. I want to take my DDm(4) to see it and this way we don't have to stake out a good seat ann hour ahead of time and try to keep my 2.5 yo entertained until show time. Since my tallest kid is 40 inches it limits the FP+ choices at Epcort, DHS and AK. And you do have to pick 3!

crispy

Different people like different things. I did a FP+ for the new talking Mickey M&G. Meeting Mickey is a must do for my 2 yo son. Talking Mickey - how cool is that for a little kid! I also did a FP+ for Fantasmic. I want to take my DDm(4) to see it and this way we don't have to stake out a good seat ann hour ahead of time and try to keep my 2.5 yo entertained until show time. Since my tallest kid is 40 inches it limits the FP+ choices at Epcort, DHS and AK. And you do have to pick 3!

Just an FYI, but the FP+ for Fantasmic! doesn't work that well. We showed up well within the time frame suggested, and there were no seats available. We were able to find a place to squeeze in, but it was packed and they didn't reserve nearly enough seats.

GoofGoof

Premium Member

Here is the progression of my logic when I booked it:
1) I already booked a FP for TT and Soarin at EPCOT.
2) You can't repeat a ride.
3) Nothing else at EPCOT will have a wait longer than 10 min so no need for FP.
4) They don't let you book just 2 FP reservations.
5) I am traveling with people (my wife included) who will want to "scope out" a good spot for illuminations at least 30 mins prior to the start and more likely 45 mins.
6) If I have a FP reservation I can convince them to show up 15 minutes or less prior to show time.
7) booking FP for illuminations saves me at least 15 minutes to a half hour of standing around waiting for a show to start. That's twice as long as I will likely wait for another ride.

Based on the above it seemed pretty logical. One other reason I did it was to have one less scheduled activity to fit into a window. I have specific return times for TT (9-10) and Soarin (10-11). If I booked another ride for 11-12 or even later in the day I would have to make sure to be in that area around my return time. Not worth it for a ride that isn't going to have a long wait anyway. Illuminations has a fixed start time anyway so I can be 1/3 more spontaneous in my day without booking a third ride.

GoofGoof

Premium Member

Those princess meet and greet lines are longer than the mountains these days:eek: I think those will be very popular picks for FP+.

awoogala

Those princess meet and greet lines are longer than the mountains these days:eek: I think those will be very popular picks for FP+.
I do understand- think about a family who attends Disney, first timers, and they have 2 girls 2, and 4 years old. Those Princess m&g's will be at the top of their lists. Everyone has their own "thing" .As a parent with toddlers, m&g might be your "must-do's", thrill rides like space- might not matter at all.
Or think of Seniors, who might just want to see the fireworks, and hit Haunted Mansion and Peter Pan.
Everything is a "must-do" for someone.

JerseyDad

Here is the progression of my logic when I booked it:
1) I already booked a FP for TT and Soarin at EPCOT.
2) You can't repeat a ride.
3) Nothing else at EPCOT will have a wait longer than 10 min so no need for FP.
4) They don't let you book just 2 FP reservations.
5) I am traveling with people (my wife included) who will want to "scope out" a good spot for illuminations at least 30 mins prior to the start and more likely 45 mins.
6) If I have a FP reservation I can convince them to show up 15 minutes or less prior to show time.
7) booking FP for illuminations saves me at least 15 minutes to a half hour of standing around waiting for a show to start. That's twice as long as I will likely wait for another ride.

Based on the above it seemed pretty logical. One other reason I did it was to have one less scheduled activity to fit into a window. I have specific return times for TT (9-10) and Soarin (10-11). If I booked another ride for 11-12 or even later in the day I would have to make sure to be in that area around my return time. Not worth it for a ride that isn't going to have a long wait anyway. Illuminations has a fixed start time anyway so I can be 1/3 more spontaneous in my day without booking a third ride.

....the "booking" aspect of the WDW experience and specific rides and attractions has some benefits. However ...were were there at the end of August ....were "testers" of the Magic Bands and FP+ ....and it just seemed to me to be getting so very 'regimented'. We had the full blown Dining Plan once ....and after that we said never again because of the whole "where do we NEED to be and WHEN do we NEED to be there aspect" that seemed to go along with it.

....what I did immediately notice while there was that the FP+ "locked" you into a park for a specific time-frame ....so WDW has a better 'control' of you ...your destination ...and knows (sort of) what crowd loads will / may be.

...we were SO used to just winging-it ...as we had done on earlier trips ...that we actually passed on some of our FP+ "appointments" each day (we were there 10 days) ....because we were having a good time at what we were doing in that moment and didn't want to rush off to another attraction just because we "had to be there".

....on the topic of "Illuminations" ....I think that once ...in the dozens of time we've seen it ...we had a position "at the rail". And to be honest ....we've actually had viewpoints that were better from numerous other spots. That said ....if that's what you want ...that's fine ...being "up-close & personal". I'd be really interested to see how it all plays out on NYE ...when people are hell bent on staking out a spot HOURS ahead of time ...and the place is so packed that you couldn't trip and fall over if you tried, because you'd be held up by the 10 persons that are within 6" inches of you on all sides!

GoofGoof

Premium Member
....the "booking" aspect of the WDW experience and specific rides and attractions has some benefits. However ...were were there at the end of August ....were "testers" of the Magic Bands and FP+ ....and it just seemed to me to be getting so very 'regimented'. We had the full blown Dining Plan once ....and after that we said never again because of the whole "where do we NEED to be and WHEN do we NEED to be there aspect" that seemed to go along with it.

....what I did immediately notice while there was that the FP+ "locked" you into a park for a specific time-frame ....so WDW has a better 'control' of you ...your destination ...and knows (sort of) what crowd loads will / may be.

...we were SO used to just winging-it ...as we had done on earlier trips ...that we actually passed on some of our FP+ "appointments" each day (we were there 10 days) ....because we were having a good time at what we were doing in that moment and didn't want to rush off to another attraction just because we "had to be there".

....on the topic of "Illuminations" ....I think that once ...in the dozens of time we've seen it ...we had a position "at the rail". And to be honest ....we've actually had viewpoints that were better from numerous other spots. That said ....if that's what you want ...that's fine ...being "up-close & personal". I'd be really interested to see how it all plays out on NYE ...when people are hell bent on staking out a spot HOURS ahead of time ...and the place is so packed that you couldn't trip and fall over if you tried, because you'd be held up by the 10 persons that are within 6" inches of you on all sides!
The name of the FP+ game is getting you to commit to a park ahead of time and stay all day. They can morr accurately plan staffing in the parks and I honestly think that park hopper ticket sales will decline as people tailor their vacation plans to just 1 park a day. They want to cut down on the 1/2 day at AK in the morning followed by Fantasmic and rides at DHS in the late afternoon to night. Of course those parks need more rides and attractions but that's a topic for numerous other threads.

You hit on one of my theories on FP+. Outside of the headliners with 60 min+ waits lots of FP+ reservations will go unused. If I'm in Fantasyland I'm not hiking over to Adventure Land to use a POC fast pass. I'll ride it when I get there.

Honestly, one of the biggest stresses for me at WDW is staking out a spot for a parade or waiting for a show like Fantasmic to start. I would much rather wait in a 45 minute line that moves through a queue like Splash or BTMRR than stand on the curb on Main Street for 45 mins trying to defend a spot for my kids to see a parade.

pais

I would much rather wait in a 45 minute line that moves through a queue like Splash or BTMRR than stand on the curb on Main Street for 45 mins trying to defend a spot for my kids to see a parade.
Tell me about it. Last year we found a great spot for the MSEP maybe 45 minutes to an hour before it started because it was the first time for us. As soon as it started, people in back of us who literally just had arrived shoved their kids in front of us. The mom elbowed me out of the way and I ended up in back of her! GRRR

willtravel

Tell me about it. Last year we found a great spot for the MSEP maybe 45 minutes to an hour before it started because it was the first time for us. As soon as it started, people in back of us who literally just had arrived shoved their kids in front of us. The mom elbowed me out of the way and I ended up in back of her! GRRR
Thayt's when I become vocal.:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom