G20...

erikwatts

The city doesn't really shut down until 6pm. Hopefully you will be in the air by then. :).

We are actually sending all of our emplyees home at 4, and closing down for Thursday and Friday. I don't want to be anywhere near the city when G20 hits.

Upvote 0

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
What do you do? I work in town...

The thing is the airport is gonna be shut down to get in. They are gonna have cops checking all cars for boarding passes and ID's.

Upvote 0

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
I cant even imagine how bad it will be for early flights. Our airport is usually pretty dead after the AM hours but this is gonna throw things all out of wack!

Upvote 0

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Try this:

http://www.flightstats.com/go/Airpo...345d:-2902&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=weblet

It shows real time flight delays

As for auto traffic if the parkway West is backed up toward the airport try
22/30 to the new toll road (I576).

Thanks...Id prob go through McKeesrocks if its backed up but it shouldnt be a problem. Most of town is off starting Wed and we are leaving around 1:00pm so the only issue will be how tied up the airport entrance is...:shrug:

Upvote 0

Tisha_PA

We stopped flying out of Pgh a few years ago when we discovered that it's much cheaper to fly out of BWI. We leave this weekend as well and after reading this, I am super happy we did not book out of Pgh.

Upvote 0

LisaB08

I don't know if you are closer to Pittsburgh International or BWI but I booked our direct flights through Southwest for $69/each way in October. It doesn't get much cheaper than that. I fly out of Pittsburgh all the time and I always get reasonable flights on Southwest.

Upvote 0
I don't live in the Burgh anymore :( but my parents still do. They have found that it tends to be much cheaper flying out of Akron/Canton than Pittsburgh, but they live on the north side of town so it's a little easier to get over there than it would be if you lived south or east of town.

Upvote 0

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
My flights were $58 to go and $68 to come back...it dont get much cheaper than that. Driving to Akron costs around $75 in a Range Rover...

I have no problems getting too and using Pittsburghs airport...its just this G20 got everything all screwed up.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom