FutureWorld Question

SirNim

To save on staffing and operational costs.

And because most people, by 7 o'clock, have moved on to World Showcase for Illuminations.

There may be more nuanced reasons, as well... :lookaroun

Chape19714

It used to be open until 9 along with World Showcase, but those days are long gone. The interesting thing is that now, because FW has so many popular attractions, only a few rides will actually be closing. Rides that close at 7 are:

Honey I shrunk the Audience
Figment
Imageworks
Imaganation
Living with the Land
Circle of Life
Innoventions east and west
Ellen's Energy Adventure (UoE)
Wonders of Life (if operating)

That's it, everything else stays open until 9.

Chape19714

Only Living with the Land, and the Imaganation Attractions stay open for EMH. On EMH nights, these attractions do not close at 7 to re-open at 9, they simply stay open all night, until 12 midnight.

DigitalDisney

Seems like Future World is closing later these days.

On EMH nights, the only things that close early are Energy and Innoventions. Even on non-EMH nights, The Living Seas stays open until 900.

The real question is...why does Epcot still close at 900 during the busy summer months? Why don't they push it back to 800 and 1000 instead? When I was last at WDW a week or so ago, it was the earliest park to close for the night (outside of AK). For a park with some huge rides, an extremely popular nighttime show, and some of the best entertainment in WDW, Epcot sure does close early.

DisneyFine

hammysammy59 said:
I've always wondered this, but haven't found an answer yet...

Why does FutureWorld close so early?

People have started to move towards Illuminations, and plus it does save on staff.

metscool

sbkline said:
For those FutureWorld attractions that close at 7, do they stay open until 10 on Extra Magic Hours?
Nope. It closes when ever the whole park closes. I thought that same thing until this past trip where we all stayed until 12 when both closed at the same time.

RonAnnArbor

It is entirely to save on staff -- of course, on EMH nights they have to pay the extra to keep the major attractions open -- but you start adding up all the staff that they need to keep the minor attractions running and it adds up -- that and the fact that running a ride like Ellen's energy ride with 7 people on it costs them more to operate than they are making back during those hours when most people are in World Showcase for dinner and Illuminations...

Epcot82Guy

It also was a shopping issue (originally). WS is a very high concentration of shops with unique merchandise. Therefore, people hit up MouseGear and the WS shops to fill time before Illumniations (or eat). Generates more $$$. However, as most everyone has said, a LOT of FW is remaining open now. I would be interested to see if LwtL stays open post-automated spiel.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom