Future World?

General Grizz

Hey! Are you of any relation to thx2027... ?

Anywho, there are some pretty big rumors going around. They include:

- Turning Spaceship Earth into Time Racers (either a new ride using screen technology or a type of thrill ride).

- Adding Junior Autopia outside of Test Track (which is just as bad as the Mission Space playplace, in my opinion! :lol: )

- Closing Wonders of Life (vacant)

- Adding some kind of Rainforest Roller Coaster outside of the Land

- Adding Soarin' to the Land pavilion (This is really the only rumor I like)

- Rename Future World DISCOVERYLAND (This rumor is not false. Although this may not happen, I have direct "intelligence" that it has been brought up at dinner tables of WDI folk.)

- Add trees EVERYWHERE to get rid of the futuristic sense

- Add a Little Mermaid theme to the Living Seas

- Fragmentize Innoventions to have a bunch of smaller pavilions (House of the Future/Internet Cafe/etc.)

Not too bright, in my opinion. But, that's pretty much the jist of the rumors.

THX-1701

Account Suspended
Original Poster
They should add a Finding NEMO theme to the living seas
and to the Universe of Energy, get rid of Ellens Energy adventure and add a Disney's Dinosaur themed show instead.

careship

Originally posted by grizzlyhall
I prefer Nemo, also. As for Energy, there's a rumor Monsters Inc. may take over.

That would be fabulous. I have wondered why Monsters Inc. wasn't a ride or show or something yet. It did so well and was so great. I know my family would enjoy anything at DIsney with this theme. I am hoping they do something with Nemo once they see how popular it is. Would have to be a water ride like Splash Mountain though wouldn't it?

THX-1701

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Maybe they will add a Lilo and Stitch theme to Test Track ,like Aoersmith's Rockin coaster,but instead AC/DC back in black,
or Elvis's all shook up song.

careship

Originally posted by THX-1701
Maybe they will add a Lilo and Stitch theme to Test Track ,like Aoersmith's Rockin coaster,but instead AC/DC back in black,

Thought Stitch was going to the Extraterrostrial (sp. arck) Alien Encounter? We don't want him in both. We want to spread out and get all our fav characters in the parks. Monsters Inc. could be a great Eride. Coaster through the doors. But not Flying Doors like Dumbo and Alladin Carpets.

THX-1701

Account Suspended
Original Poster
A weather pavillion would be a cool attraction.

They could have a hurricane simulator ride ,or something.

General Grizz

I really don't see this happening. It's a bit out of place...ya know? They are adding Stitch to AE...the next place I could see him would be the Tiki Room (ANYTHING to get Iago out! :lol: )

imagineersrock

A weather pavillion would be a cool attraction.

They could have a hurricane simulator ride ,or something.

yea i was thinking that too, i really like this idea- unfortunatly though, you know all us disney folks would have to keep hearing how disney just copied universal's twister attraction...

-lol because you know, disney copies EVERYTHING from universal!!:rolleyes: :lol: :lol: :hammer: :lol: :lol:

honestly though- this reminds me, i just found out after copying everything else disney has ever done (including the most obvious; fastpass) universal is once again copying another idea off of disney- they are now placing DVC type stands throughout their park, except its for universal vacations lol

"You could buy into our timeshare program, many people enjoy stayin as long as well, 1 day at a time, and sometimes 2!!! -theres just so much to do here, you could um...... well theres spiderman...... and um.......did i mention spiderman..... um........:rolleyes: ":lol:

General Grizz

They are changing it to Wonders of Artifitcual LIFE.

A pavillion based on robots and andriods

LOL!

The Imagineers just don't want to put money into trying to update the pavilion (it's a lot to invest, they find it better to just shut it down instead of keeping it updated).

P.S. Your avatar...kinda late. :lol:

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by imagineersrock
yea i was thinking that too, i really like this idea- unfortunatly though, you know all us disney folks would have to keep hearing how disney just copied universal's twister attraction...

-lol because you know, disney copies EVERYTHING from universal!!:rolleyes: :lol: :lol: :hammer: :lol: :lol:

honestly though- this reminds me, i just found out after copying everything else disney has ever done (including the most obvious; fastpass) universal is once again copying another idea off of disney- they are now placing DVC type stands throughout their park, except its for universal vacations lol

"You could buy into our timeshare program, many people enjoy stayin as long as well, 1 day at a time, and sometimes 2!!! -theres just so much to do here, you could um...... well theres spiderman...... and um.......did i mention spiderman..... um........:rolleyes: ":lol:

...and Kong...er...scratch that...and Hitchcock...er...scratch...and then there's Scooby D....DOH! Ahhhh...but Mummy...yes...Mummy! (just give us some time)

imagineersrock

lol ok i'll give em the mummy... haha honestly, this does sound like it will be a rather impressive attraction- and will probably give everest a run for its money..... everest still wins though lol

DisneyJill

I would hate to see Wonders of Life close, although it is time for a makeover. IMO, The Living Seas should be the next to be re-done. The Living Seas Ride is kind of lame...I would love to see a Nemo or Little Mermaid theme there.

WDWFREAK53

Nemo is pulling in some mucho money...I would seriously almost expect to see an attraction....although...Monsters, Inc. also pulled in a ton!

Maerj

I REALLY like your Weather Pavillion idea. They should go with that... it could be really cool.

Out of the rumor list for Epcot, I dislike most of them, especially the one where they say they will plant a bazillion trees so it doesn't look futuristic. That's just plain dumb... Epcot shouldn't look like a forest. Plant the forest in Animal Kingdom and then have a Snow White trek through the forest to see all of the animals that live there or something like that. Just keep it out of Epcot!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom