Future World West

General Grizz

Original Poster
Isn't it nice?

Think about it. The Living Seas - - The Land area.

Every recent visit to Epcot, I've been more connected to this area. An aesthetic wonder. Beautiful area music. Peaceful.

Don't you agree? :)

ZHoyt

couldn't agree more. the living seas area and attraction are some of the most relaxing places inside the parks that i know.

ZHoyt

you know what always annoys me about it though? it's the land pavilion. specifically, the signs that point to the circle of life show. they keep saying 100 ft till... 75 feet till... but theres nowhere near that ammount of space in between signs! why use signs like that when they could have done something else that isn't so blatantly wrong? it's like forced perspective without imagination.

TURKEY

Originally posted by ZHoyt
you know what always annoys me about it though? it's the land pavilion. specifically, the signs that point to the circle of life show. they keep saying 100 ft till... 75 feet till... but theres nowhere near that ammount of space in between signs! why use signs like that when they could have done something else that isn't so blatantly wrong? it's like forced perspective without imagination.

I find the signs funny the way the guys are fighting over top billing.

Beniz

I disagree. I don't think Soarin' will impact the peaceful quality of this area. Noise from Test Track is the reason the other side seems more hectic. Plus the line for Test Track always extends outside. Every planter has round corners on the land side and water features, something missing from the Test Track side. Plus, cast members working in Future World center walk through this area to get to work. . . increasing traffic in this area.

Steamboat_Kevin

I love this area. It is just a really nice place to relax and sit down, and its not as crowded as other parts of Epcot. I love sitting on a bench by The Living Seas and watching the monorail pass above me. I want to go there right now :)

General Grizz

Original Poster
Also a sign that Disney shouldn't mess with a thrill ride in this area. World of Motion area used to be exactly the same (if not prettier), but I guess we get all these shifts going.

Let's keep it this way, Disney, it's great. :)

Beniz

I disagree again. Disney should put a thrill ride wherever one will fit. Epcot needs a thirll ride in each corner of the park.

Bill

Account Suspended
Personally, I like the Fountain of Nations, as well as Imagination's fountains. And something about that Living Seas sign just amazes me. :lol: I love the sound of that wave. LOL.

WDWFREAK53

I don't know if I'd exactly call it "quiet" anymore...the Nemo meet and greets seem to have a TON of people around LS...ALL THE TIME!

speck76

I like this area, and the flowers along the pond are very pretty. I have a feeling that the next pavilion or attraction will be going into this area.

Chefjason1974

This area is peaceful, but that is just because no one wishes to go here. The action is across the way. The land is the only worth while "pavillion" over here. I say this because nobody can call Imagination a pavillion & LS is way past its prime! I wish they would do something inside LS to possibly include a Finding Nemo ride of some sort. The Florida Aquarium in Tampa has better Exhibits than LS. Finding Nemo is the only thing that can make LS better IMO.

Originally posted by Chefjason1974
This area is peaceful, but that is just because no one wishes to go here. The action is across the way. The land is the only worth while "pavillion" over here. I say this because nobody can call Imagination a pavillion & LS is way past its prime! I wish they would do something inside LS to possibly include a Finding Nemo ride of some sort. The Florida Aquarium in Tampa has better Exhibits than LS. Finding Nemo is the only thing that can make LS better IMO.

The only thing I reallly disagree with you on is LS. I haven't been there in a while, but I would really like to think that it can be saved without the blatent use of any established disney characters. A ride there would definetly help. I was thinking maybe something simular to TDS's 20k ride, which is from what I understand just a glorified dark ride, and make it a deep see adventure in search of obscure animals which only live at the very bottom of the ocean. They just need to make it exciting as well as educational without it seeming to much like a living volume of national geographic. I mean, you can go to a lot of other places to see a variety of sea life, and with just how much there is to do in the park to begin with, people often pass it up. I know I have a few times. And as far as imagination goes, I'd like to see a coaster over there. I had an idea a while ago called brainstormers. The premise is that a institution professor designs a machine that can launch you into your own imagination, and the riders are used as the test subjects of course. Other than that id leave that side of the park alone, although a rain forest coaster sounded nice for the land pavilion.

General Grizz

Original Poster
Originally posted by Chefjason1974
This area is peaceful, but that is just because no one wishes to go here. The action is across the way. The land is the only worth while "pavillion" over here. I say this because nobody can call Imagination a pavillion & LS is way past its prime!

Yes, Imagination is empty (for a good reason), but as for Living Seas and Land with "no one wishing to go there?"

I don't believe that's on the ball. . . at all.

Attendance at Living with the Land requires FastPass and is always crowded with a food court. And, like Freak said, the area gets rallied up when Nemo comes out. STILL. . . the area is calm and peaceful based on the whole beauty and area music. Does this mean there are no people? Of course not.

And also, check out Living Seas. There have been tremendous crowds since December, now that Nemo has taken up a corner.

The aesthetic nature of the area makes it "calm" despite large crowds during parts of the day (and who wants large crowds outside anyway?)

Ever notice the people picknicing on the Land fields? It offers a nice, VALUED balance to the "noise" on the other side of Future World. :)

EpcotGrl

First off, Beniz I *lurve* your avatar.

And I've got a confession to make...back when I started in Future World as a CP, the only way I could keep the two different areas straight was to think to myself Left=fun, Right=boring. And then I went to TLS and The Land and had to rethink that... :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom