Future of Pirate and Princess parties?

happymom52003

Original Poster
Not sure if this is the right forum for this question, but it seems like people who are "in the know" frequent this forum alot, so here goes. I am wondering what the future holds for the pirate/princess parties. Anyone know if this is going to be offered twice a year in the future as it has been in 2007? Or is Disney just experiementing to see which time of year would be best to hold it? Anyone know how the success of it has been compared to MNSSHP and MVMCP?

tink2

I am certainly not 'in the know', but am planning a trip in Jan. I was playing on the WDW website- looking for 2008 rates:( - and looked under the Wonderful Weeks of Disney for January 2008. In the description of things to do, it listed the Princess and Pirate party- so I'm hoping that is a good sign for the winter months.:)

ToTBellHop

I would not trust anything on the official website...they most likely didn't change over the 2008 stuff from 2007. Many of the "wonderful weeks" start on Tuesdays, which is exactly what would happen in a leap year (which 2008 is) if you didn't change the dates of a Sunday thru Saturday week in 2007.

Disney is just trying to see when is the best time to have the parties, since it was not as successful in January as they hoped (too cold).

the-reason14

Disney is just trying to see when is the best time to have the parties, since it was not as successful in January as they hoped (too cold).

Yea, thats what I remember hearing too. I wish I could go to one of these parties, from what I understand the crowds are less than an emh, and I heard the fireworks were all that.

tink2

You could be right- it also mentions the YOAMD and I thought that'd be over in Jan. (though I kinda wish they'd extend it). But, the dates for the weeks do begin on the weekends- so they look to be right. Only time will tell.... maybe the Jan. hours will be released July 1 and the info on P&P too....

AEfx

I think it's rather unlikely they will return. The "surprise" dates in Aug/Sept are, in my belief, to burn off the extra consumables.

That's why I'm planning on being there for the last one in Sept., as I believe that just may be the last P&P Party for the forseeable future. A shame, because the fireworks and parade are really spectacular. I'm sure those will reappear or be reused in some way sooner than we see party dates announced again, though.

I hope I'm wrong, but the mouse doesn't seem that impressed with the business they did.

AEfx

WDWFigment

It's always discussed that this August/September will be the end of the P&P parties. I guess I am a little more optimistic (although I'm not sure if I want three hard ticket 'parties', so maybe I'm more pessimistic). This new party will have the benefit of Pirate mania being even higher after the release of the third film, and will have warmer weather on its side. I know I plan on going to the P&P party on August 18th!

WDWFigment

^^It won't be too bad at night. But then again, I don't have kids, so I don't know what kind of messes the little ones can make if they put some effort into it.

raremerebear

Chocolate can melt in any temp in the hands of a child - it can also melt in the pretty velvet bags that were given out :ROFLOL:

We had a blast Feb 1st, and hope that it will continue to run that way in 2008...

OneLuckyMom

^^It won't be too bad at night. But then again, I don't have kids, so I don't know what kind of messes the little ones can make if they put some effort into it.

Well, I know a Hershey's bar will turn to near liquid in my kitchen if I let the temperature get much above 80 (Ok - I admit I know this because I'm cheap and hate to turn on the air conditioner :rolleyes: ).

I looked up last years data, and the temperature was around 85 degrees in Orlando at 9pm in the evening the last week of August.

So I'm picturing chocolate soup in that cute little velvet bag. Not so sure how happy all those little princesses (including mine) will be with that! :eek:

ToTBellHop

I'm sure if the Aug/Sept dates are very successful, we will see more P&P. Disney isn't dumb. But, if these dates prove as successful as the dates this past winter, this will likely be the end of the P&P. Personally, I'm not a fan of seeing the MK closing so early in August, but they don't really care what I think...these parties just seem to work better for me during the winter holidays, since the parks close early that time of year, anyway, so they aren't really screwing over those guests who don't want to pay premium.

autigger

Chocolate melts at body temperature, about 95 to 100 degrees F. Even when chocolate is below that temperature and seemingly hard, a portion of the chocolate is not completely crystallized. If the temperature fluctuates and exceeds 85 to 90 degrees, chocolate can began to liquify.

Hence, why chocolate melts in your mouth.

VintageKid21

Ha ha you better believe they have big plans for this...as of March, this year was thrown together rather hastily, which is why the parade was rather small and VERY slow moving (to make it seem longer than it really was). This is a venture they plan on using for a good couple of years and you can expect new and exciting things because it will keep growing.

AEfx

Well if you guys have concrete information please post it. As I said, I'd love to hear good news about the future.

It just files in the face of everything I have been told. I am no "insider", but I do talk to a few and from what I understand the parties did terribly financially and the relatively last-minute dates added in August/Sept. were added to try to recoup some of the investment.

As I said in my first post, I'd absolutely love to be wrong. :) I'm just sharing what I have been told.

AEfx

Brian Noble

I know even less than AEfx, but the simplest explanation is usually the right one, and there are two "simple" explanations:

1: It's too freaking cold in january/february for a late-night party without a "winter" holiday to associate it with (like, say, Christmas), so they are trying late summer, hopefully permanently.

2: Milking what you can to cut and run, calling the experiment failed.

I don't see a simple explanation for why they moved it to late summer, but they will also try to build a bigger audience in the winter. If they were going to build a winter audience, it seems to me that they would have done better to hold the party off until, well, *winter*.

Again, I don't know nuttin. But that's the way I read the tea leaves. We'll know more of the puzzle when January hours come out later this week. No 7PM closes? Probably means no parties in January.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom