Funny Ride Problems

xtimMOOthyx

A friend and I were riding HM, and he had not rode it in years. We were coming out of the house backwards and getting ready to turn around into the graveyard, when the ride stopped. We were stuck facing the gravedigger and his scrawny dog for 5 minutes. It was very creepy, especially for my friend.

Galen

I have a few to tell.

A friend of mine worked at Time Keeper and told me about what happened during one of her shifts. At one point in the show, Time Keeper says, "Oh my gosh! The pants are full!" No sooner did he say that, then one of his hydrolic lines burst dousing the area under him with a nice mucus like oil.

On the last day of my College Program, me and some friends went to DAK. We were watching "It's Tough to Be a Bug". I had been told Hopper was the most expensive Audio Animatronic at the time. At one point he points at the crowd. His hand flew off and stuck a lady in the front row. I just about died laughing.

Me and my room mate were at EPCOT and went on Test Track. It didn't go to smoothly inside and I think we got up to about 10 mph outside. We came to the loop right above the main entrance and we stopped. We were there for almost 20 min. When we went inside we told a CM that we had gotten stuck. She said they couldn't do anything if we got stuck inside. We told her where we got stuck, and she told us the computers had said no one was stuck outside. My response was, "Ok. Tell that to the line of people we were waving at." She let the entire car get back in. The guest in the car started to complain, and us as CM said that we'd make sure they enjoyed their trip. One of the guys mentioned something about us sleeping with the fishes for being a CM who had made a complaint. Lo and behold, we got stuck for 5 min in the heat chamber. I believe, "I told you so" was said by the same guy. Luckly the lights turned off in about 5 seconds. The people in front of us in the cold chamber weren't so luckly.

About 2 years ago, I took some friends down to WDW. We were on Space Mountain. We got to the top of the lift hill and the lights come on. A CM comes up and says to stay put. I ask him what was wrong. He said nothing major. "Ok, one CM to another. You can tell me." He asked me questions to make sure I worked there then proceded to tell me a guy's toupee had flown off and hit a safety switch. We got to joking about work and what not. When they reset the switch, they had to send us to unload with the work lights on. So we got to ride Space Mountain in the light. After we got off, we were backdoored to ride again due to the inconvience.

daringstoic

Galen said:
Lo and behold, we got stuck for 5 min in the heat chamber. I believe, "I told you so" was said by the same guy. Luckly the lights turned off in about 5 seconds. The people in front of us in the cold chamber weren't so luckly.

I don't know...on a hot, humid day, I don't think I'd mind hanging out in the cold chamber for a while.

In Splash Mountain, in the laughing place area where the fountains jump over the boat the timing was messed up. We were sitting in the back of the boat, and one of the fountains fell short and the whole stream of water landed right in some woman in the front of the boat's lap. My brother and I just about died laughing.

Grim Grinner

Although it's not an attraction- that little trainset that's outside of Germany in Epcot had a little mishap. One of the trains had derailed, blocking another- causing another accident. There were little people all over the place looking like casulties. I'm sure this happens all the time, but it struck me as very funny at that moment.

Also, the ride had stopped in Splash Mountain right when you enter the laughing place. The section where the water parts right before you hit it was malfunctioning, sending out small squirts every few seconds while we were held there. It was really cold for some reason.

Magic Maker

On El Rio di Tiempo the boats got backed up into the third scene, it was a 30 minute ride, when it is normally 5. Someone must have fallen asleep at the OCC panel.

Disney4Eva

Galen said:
I have a few to tell.

A friend of mine worked at Time Keeper and told me about what happened during one of her shifts. At one point in the show, Time Keeper says, "Oh my gosh! The pants are full!" No sooner did he say that, then one of his hydrolic lines burst dousing the area under him with a nice mucus like oil.

On the last day of my College Program, me and some friends went to DAK. We were watching "It's Tough to Be a Bug". I had been told Hopper was the most expensive Audio Animatronic at the time. At one point he points at the crowd. His hand flew off and stuck a lady in the front row. I just about died laughing.

About 2 years ago, I took some friends down to WDW. We were on Space Mountain. We got to the top of the lift hill and the lights come on. A CM comes up and says to stay put. I ask him what was wrong. He said nothing major. "Ok, one CM to another. You can tell me." He asked me questions to make sure I worked there then proceded to tell me a guy's toupee had flown off and hit a safety switch.

LOL :lol: All those were awesome!

Umm...not sure if I have any funny ride breakdown stories. But if one pops into my head, I'll let ya know.

RichS

Oue last trip in April we took my twin sisters for there HS graduation present. During the trip we on Test Track, and just as we went past the MPH reading the brakes locked up on the car and we cam to a dead stop at a 45 degree angle. There was smoke coming off the car while we sat there. The car was making all kinds of banging noises before this happened. We were stuck that way for about 20min. My wife was sitting with my sisters, and I was in back with 2 German teens. I was on the higher outside rear seat, trying to hold myself up not to crush them :hammer: (I'm 6'3 230pnd)

We aslo go stuck in Haunted Mansion and the lights came on in Space Mountain. Also during one section of COP Roy the dog was missing his tail, all that was wagging was a metal stub. :eek:

disneybonbon

when i was on potc, in the scene with the woman opening the window overlooking the well, the arm had become detached from the body. so when the window swung open, the arm would just dangle off the inside of the shutter.

and then once on cop, the seats got stuck, so we watched the last scene twice. i found it funny that in the scene with all the "modern" technology, the ride broke down.

Thrawn

Account Suspended
disneybonbon said:
and then once on cop, the seats got stuck, so we watched the last scene twice. i found it funny that in the scene with all the "modern" technology, the ride broke down.

Its a carousel... so that means it broke down on every scene.

MouseearsDeb

Ok, don't know if this is funny but here we go.....When I was about 11 or 12, many, many years ago, me and my sister were riding Space Mtn. We were in the very front of the car, and me being smaller was in the front. As we came into the unloading area, all the CM's were telling us to "push the brake" that there was something wrong and that we had to stop the car. OK, so were fairly young and don't know anything about how stuff works and are starting to slightly panic. At the last minute, I pushed as hard as I could at the nose with my feet and the car stopped just before going through, I think, one of those plastic curtains. After all these years, I've never really considered the fact that it may have been a "prank" by the CM's. Does any one out there know if there is such a "brake" on those cars? I would love to go down memory lane with my sister and say, "remember when this happened? Well, it was all a joke on us!":D

11 more days and counting! Why does the time go by so fast up until the last week before leaving for WDW, only to slow to a crawl for the last few days. Then once your there, it speeds up again!:brick:

EpcotGirl

In test track , i was in a blue car ( i call murbie the dumb bug ) it had no audio at all ! i heard no test up dates and no sound like 30 % , another car kept stoping once it stoped in the heat and temp went down all the way still in the heat section,

talk about bad luck my brother, sister and I was going to go on Space Mountain when we finnally get on the lights suddenly turn on ! i saw All of space mountain with out the cookie ( astroid ) flying, it was the first time i saw it with out darkness but still

then i went on splash mountain , i was so excited that i was going to ride it bunches of times but the second time in the ride it stoped completly, as i stare at brer bear going up and down he made a creaking noise that was so funny LOL, and Brer Frog would not stop moving his mouth, every time the cast said something is sounded like it was from brer frog, we got up from the ride and walked off how cool i got to pick up a prop leave, well i could of taken it but my mom said no, well duh, it was my birthday , my mom almost broke the whole ride into song , it happened in carousel of progress.

also seeing the first scean in carousel of progress twice LOL

natalia1681

!!!

MouseearsDeb said:
Ok, don't know if this is funny but here we go.....When I was about 11 or 12, many, many years ago, me and my sister were riding Space Mtn. We were in the very front of the car, and me being smaller was in the front. As we came into the unloading area, all the CM's were telling us to "push the brake" that there was something wrong and that we had to stop the car. OK, so were fairly young and don't know anything about how stuff works and are starting to slightly panic. At the last minute, I pushed as hard as I could at the nose with my feet and the car stopped just before going through, I think, one of those plastic curtains. After all these years, I've never really considered the fact that it may have been a "prank" by the CM's. Does any one out there know if there is such a "brake" on those cars? I would love to go down memory lane with my sister and say, "remember when this happened? Well, it was all a joke on us!":D

11 more days and counting! Why does the time go by so fast up until the last week before leaving for WDW, only to slow to a crawl for the last few days. Then once your there, it speeds up again!:brick:

I think that the CM's may have been having fun with you. There's no manual brake for passengers on any rides that I can think of.

I wouldn't want to imagine the mess if someone didn't hit their *brake*:hurl:

Dwarful

Not disney, BUT we got stuck on Jurasic Park water ride at Universal, on the very last hill, halfway through the climb to the top for over 20 minutes. We were in the second to the last row, about 15 minutes into the very awkward wait, my daughter (then 5) proceeded to cry because she was about to wet her pants, it didn't help that we had water rushing all around us, the man behind us said very loudly "Little girl, I'll give you $20 if you can hold it til we get to the bottom of this da#@ hill!"

I was riding CoP, and during the second scene, the audio cut out for a few seconds. Then, the CM does her announcement for the first room, which we could hear perfectly clearly. She had hit the wrong button, so that all the rooms could hear her talk, not just the first room. I was in the third room, AND SHE DOES IT AGAIN. This time, she tells everyone to "look underneath their seats for their 3-D glasses... just kidding..." I kinda imagined that she was new and having a bad day...

MouseearsDeb

natalia1681 said:
I think that the CM's may have been having fun with you. There's no manual brake for passengers on any rides that I can think of.

I wouldn't want to imagine the mess if someone didn't hit their *brake*:hurl:

That's kinda what I thought. At the time though, and being fairly young and inexperienced in the world of "jokes" it was rather scary. Now, I can look back and say , man, I can't believe I fell for that! :hammer:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom