Funny questions guests ask.

tirian

At the MK:

On Main Street: Where's the exit?

Where's Test Track/Fast Track?

Where are the rides?

Why don't you make more Mickey Mouses so that my kids don't have to wait in line? Because there's only one...

Brazilian Tour Group: "Where's my group?" I don't know. Just look for the neon T-shirts and the hoisted flag.

Where's Alien Encounter?

I'm from England, but I'd rather fly here than go to Euro Disney. Augh, the French...you have to deal with their attitudes, you know.

Do you know how horrible that Stitch thing is?

Stitch is the most terrible thing I've seen in my life. It's close, but I doubt it.

I didn't pay for FastPass today, so I can't use it. Due to confusion with Universal's system.

At Epcot:

How do you ride the train? (Monorail)

Where are the rides?

Why is everything inside? Would you rather get wet?

When is that ugly wand going to come off the big golf ball? Yes, I have been asked this many times.

How long has that Mickey thing been on the big ball?

Why is that Mickey hand still on the big ball?

Where's the Dreamfinder?

Where will the characters be next? They're in Character Connection all day...

How does Mickey get from here to the Magic Kingdom and back? Pixie Dust...

Walking towards World Showcase: Where's the seafood restaurant?

The Studios:

Does the Aerosmith ride go upside down?

Does Tower of Terror go upside down?

Does the Great Movie Ride go upside down? Just Kidding...

----------------

I rarely talk to Guests at Animal Kingdom, and don't have any stories from there.

Finally, I don't have any foreign language pins on my nametag; but whenever I'm in the parks, foreign Guests ranging from Brazilians to Japanese tend to randomly speak to me in their native languages.

Jorden

ooo that last one reminded me of another Epcot ODF one...

In the evening an older (not old but older than me, in about 40s ish) came us asking me where the hawaiian themed restaurant was. This was early in my time at Disney and being from Canada I wasn't quite sure what/where all the restaurants were. Keep in mind this is in Epcot, so I pull out my map or tell-a-cast or something to try to help them. Their next statment was I heard it was in Canada... now I'm wondering where they think they're going.

I ask did you mean Le Cellier?

YES THATS THE ONE! I pointed out that being late June/early July it was very likely to be booked up solid for the evening, but off they went... wonder how their "hawaiian" meal was lol.

rbrower

Sorry, this is kind of off topic, but I didn't want to start a new thread. The stupid things that Cast Members do.
My family had gotten fastpasses to the safari at DAK and we waited until the right time. When we got up there, there was a long line (that was roped off from the fastpass entrance) and we figured that it was because it was not time for their's yet. However, it was time for us. So we went up (because the clock on the sign said it was the right time) but the cm wouldn't let us go because she was going by her watch (which was like five minutes late). She said that was what the line was for. Then, a couple of seconds after she turned us away, she started letting people in. It was really annoying. Aren't they supposed to go by the clock on the fastpass sign? that is why there is one on both sides of the sign. It made us kind of mad. I should have....:fork: :lol:

sherbertlemons

At the Jungle Cruise:

Female guest: What kind of ride is this?
Me: It's a very slow moving ride through a jungle with a lot of animals and some bad jokes.
Female guest: Okay, so can you tell me where a REAL ride is?

At the Haunted Mansion:

Are you hot in that dress?

Seeing me walking the load or unload belt:
How many miles do you walk a day?

In the stretch room:
We're in an elevator, aren't we?
Wait, I've got it! THe room rotates, doesn't it?

Guest: Excuse me, can you tell me where Mickey's Scary Adventure is?
Me: I'm not quite sure what you're looking for, sir./ Can you describe what it is and I'll tell you where to find it?
Guest: Well, it's right next to the ferris wheel.
Me: Sir, there is no ferris wheel in this park.
Guest: Are you sure?
Me: I am absolutely sure, sir.
Guest: Well, my wife said there was a ferris wheel.

At that point, he left to call his wife. I guess he found whatever he was looking for eventually. I had to find an out of the way spot to go let the giggles out.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
At the MK:

[

I'm from England, but I'd rather fly here than go to Euro Disney. Augh, the French...you have to deal with their attitudes, you know.

its because of 1.5 million attitudes like this that Disney promotes WDW the way it does in the UK.

And perhaps if you had been you would understand why so many dont like going to such an attractive park.

NadieMasK2

its because of 1.5 million attitudes like this that Disney promotes WDW the way it does in the UK.

And perhaps if you had been you would understand why so many dont like going to such an attractive park.

That's a shame. I can see how that would ruin the magic. :(
I always wanted to visit there someday, but my DH refuses. He wants to go to Tokyo or HKDL instead.

Rammstein

I heard a few pretty good ones last June. I will set the location first so you get the idea.

(1)

*On the monorail at TTC heading towards Epcot. The Narrator has already stated that this monorail is going to Epcot, because it can't go anywhere else.*

Guest (asks my mum a question): Where is this tram going too?

(2)

*In Typhoon Lagoon. On the lazy river*

Mum: C'mon. Lets go in the lazy river
Daughter: Ok

(5 Minutes later)

Daughter: Doesn't it go any faster?

(3)

*In Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort*

Guest (asks me a question): We are fairly new to the Disneyland :)brick:) Resort. Can you recommend us doing anything for our first day?
Me: I recommend watching the 24 minute, Disney World TV programme for things to do and see here, in your resort room.
Guest: Great! Where can i see it?
Son (Whilst walking back to the room): 24 minutes? But i'm bored now.

(4)

*On the Magic Kingdom Rail Road*

Son: Dad, where does this train take us?
Dad: Universal Studios i think.

Those are the ones i remember well.

Always a fun topic...
When I was working in foods I had a couple people come up to me with a Spiderman mug and ask for it to be refilled.

As a showkeeper I had many, many fun questions.

"Where's Jaws??"
"Can we take a bus to Universal?" (I actually got asked directions to Universal a number of times)
"Where's the nearest gas station?" (Not even joking)
"Is that a real hat?" (Cute question from a little kid about the Sorcerer hat)

I've got a bunch more but i'll save them for later

disneytati

Brazilian Tour Group: "Where's my group?" I don't know. Just look for the neon T-shirts and the hoisted flag.

Brazilian teenage tourist:"Why do we all have to wear the same shirt?"
Me: "To show everyone you are Brazilian"

I actually hated the neon t-shirts, and changed them to white in my group; and well... I was the one with the flag... hated the flag LOL

Finally, I don't have any foreign language pins on my nametag; but whenever I'm in the parks, foreign Guests ranging from Brazilians to Japanese tend to randomly speak to me in their native languages.

And yeah... they think you HAVE to speak their language. That's one of the most common stupid questions: "Why don't they speak Portuguese?" "Because they are not Brazilians."

And oh..... the most stupid questions were actually asked by the parents before their kids left Brazil. Here are some:

- Why do I need to get him an American visa? Isn't the passport enough?
- Are you gonna stay in a hotel?
- Can my son call me from the plane?
- Are you going to take them to Disney and Epcot?
- Is my kid gonna have Brazilian food every day?
And the best of all.....
Father: "Do you guarantee that my daughter will still be a virgin when she comes back from Disney?"
ME: "Well, if you prove that she is a virgin right now...":lol:

tirian

disneytati said:
And yeah... they think you HAVE to speak their language. That's one of the most common stupid questions: "Why don't they speak Portuguese?" "Because they are not Brazilians."

I want to clarify that I don't think the kids themselves are stupid... :D

tirian

I've never been to DLP, but I do understand the comment. I've heard that the park is generally dirty, too. (But then again, so is Paris...)

Actually, I included this comment before I realized that this is a "Stupid Questions" thread; I typed this as a funny remark.

OmegaKnight

I got asked this once while standing under the big sign at TTC that says "Magic Kingdom Express Monorail"

"Does this monorail go to the Magic Kingdom?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom