Funniest Disney Character Moments

DuckyNash

Original Poster
Does anyone have a funny moment with any of the Disney characters at any of the parks?

Here's one of mine. I once went on a date with a girl who worked at Epcot once. (Epcot is where we went). Anyway, when the Character Bus used to be there, we saw a variety of characters, who did funny things with us. For example, Goofy's son, Max, stole my ex-girlfriend's Chinese parasol. But what really made my day was meeting Donald Duck and showing him a drawing I made of him. When he laid eyes upon it, he took me by the hand and lead me over to see Stitch. Donald rubbed the drawing in Stitch's face and boy, was Stitch mad at me. :ROFLOL:He wouldn't even speak to me.

When I saw Donald again later, I bought one of those whistle shaped like his beak. He recognized me and was happy to see me. He even liked the whistle. He told me to go make Stitch jealous again, but my ex-girlfriend wouldn't let me. I was bummed.

I tell you right now. It's never a dull moment with Donald. But that's just ONE of the funny moments I had with him. Here's one more:

I recently went to the Very Merry Christmas Party last year. I was in FantasyLand and I originally wanted my baby niece to meet Donald, but since her first meeting with Winnie the Pooh didn't go so well, I went to see him myself. When I went up to greet him at his tree lot, Donald noticed that I was wearing a hat shaped like his head that I got off eBay. He tried to figure out if it squeaked or blinked or something like that. Then, he noticed my pin lanyard around my neck covered with pins completely about him. Then, Donald gave a "Finally! A true fan!" look and started bowing to me. LOL! Then, the photographer said to me "You're Donald's new best friend".

But enough about MY moments. Does anyone else have a story or two to share?

InfernalPenguin

UGH! I wish I had the picture for when this happened, but...

I have a cousin, she was about 6 at the time. She suffers from the extraordinarily cute condition of looking and sounding JUST LIKE Boo from Monsters Inc. when we tie her hair in pigtails (I'm talking an exact replica).

We went to MGM, and, totally without noticing, my aunt had tied her hair in pigtails. Completely unintentional. In fact, we were unaware there was a Monsters character greet at the park.

Well, lo and behold we find Mike & Sulley posing for pictures and we want her to go over and say hi (we still haven't made the connection)

It's her turn. She runs over and before she even gets to them, Sulley starts freakin' out, jumping up and down.

My cousin apparently realized what was going on (we were STILL not in on it...) and suddenly goes

"Kitty!"

...and so ensues a huge bear hug.

We melted. Just.... bleaaaaagh, a cute overload frying our brains and melting us into little cuted-out puddles.

Nansafan

Not exactly a character story but it involved a CM at the HM who are characters unto themselves and fantastic for staying in character. It was a few years ago when My Pal Mickey first was introduced. Many CM's hadn't seen him yet as we found out as we walked around. Our kids, son 17, nieces 16 and 13 kept fighting over who got to carry him (first day we had him and the novelty hadn't worn off yet). Anyway, we had just left the stretching room and were moving towards the doom buggies. The CM said to my son "Hey, it that My Pal Mickey?" and my son replies "No it's mine." The CM then looks all confused and says "that's not what I meant." We all laughed. My son was so proud that he was able to finally drop a HM CM out of character.

Edeyore

My wife and I were in China, at Epcot and Chip and Dale in full Chinese costume were heading in. My wife asked nicely for a picture. Chip tapped Dale on the shoulder and we set-up for the shot. Suddenly, my wife's camera was jammed. She began working on it and the boys starting becoming inpatient in a playful way. They both put out their hands like "Okay, come on!" Then they both began tapping their feet. She finally took the picture and they both gave her a hug before leaving. They both had excellent senses of humor.

Edeyore

I have a cousin, she was about 6 at the time. She suffers from the extraordinarily cute condition of looking and sounding JUST LIKE Boo from Monsters Inc. when we tie her hair in pigtails (I'm talking an exact replica).

We went to MGM, and, totally without noticing, my aunt had tied her hair in pigtails. Completely unintentional. In fact, we were unaware there was a Monsters character greet at the park.

Well, lo and behold we find Mike & Sulley posing for pictures and we want her to go over and say hi (we still haven't made the connection)

It's her turn. She runs over and before she even gets to them, Sulley starts freakin' out, jumping up and down.

My cousin apparently realized what was going on (we were STILL not in on it...) and suddenly goes

"Kitty!"

We melted. Just.... bleaaaaagh, a cute overload frying our brains and melting us into little cuted-out puddles.

Very cute and a very smart 6 year old.

Mybails

We were at DLR MK and doing the meet and greet with Pooh and the Gang. The grandson was wearing a Universal Studios t-shirt. Tigger gave him such a hard time. And to top it off he stole the granddaughters chocolate milk and kept hiding it with the handlers. He truly made the kids day and the video is priceless.

mpoppins217

"Kitty!"

Wow, that is the cutest story ever. I wish you did have a picture. Even my boyfriend when I made him read it said it was one of the cutest things ever. haha

DisneyGigi

"Kitty!"

Aww I love this story!
When the movie came out and we went to see it we freaked because that is how we did DD's hair when she was 2-3, high ponytails, same color hair and everything. I have video of her at Disney with Tigger saying Tigga go Bouncy, but that was about a year before the movie came out. We joke and say that Disney saw her and made Boo after her.
By the time she got to see Sulley when we went back she was older and I think I was the more excited of the two.:dazzle:

DisneyBean

My funny story is from waaaay back: At some point in the late '80s, I was eating with my parents in Future World at EPCOT (at the Electric Umbrella, maybe?), when Chip, Dale, and Donald came into the restaurant and started causing mischief. When they got to my table, I asked for their autographs and handed over my autograph book. Chip & Dale promptly "stole" it and took it over to another table! They asked the father of the family sitting at that table to sign the book, and (I guess b/c he didn't want to give his real name) he signed "From The Beard Man." Donald, highly agitated by Chip & Dale's tomfoolery, went over to them, got the book back, and started shaking his fist (wing?) at the two chipmunks. Being about 6 years old at the time, I was concerned that he might actually be serious. I told him to "play nice" or he'd "get some feathers plucked." (Why I thought threatening to pluck someone's feathers was less violent than shaking a fist, I don't know :lookaroun).

Now whenever I look through that old autograph book, I see "From The Beard Man" and crack up.

Crazy4WDW1

Last July we were eating at the Liberty Tree Tavern for dinner. Out come Goofy, Chip, Dale and I believe Minnie. Chaos ensues when Chip and Dale decide to steal Goofy's apron and proceed to run around the restaurant. We were laughing to hard we were crying. My three kids and my friend's daughter were sitting at the table behind us. The characters came over and were motioning as to why they were at a separate table. We told them that the kids were at the "bad" kids table. Chip and Dale made them all get up and pushed their chairs against the wall. They all had to sit facing the wall. It was too funny. Here's a photo:

WDWJuly2007Trip084.jpg

Disneykidder

Very cute, Crazy4WDW1. I think all of the characters have great personalities but Chip n' Dale are so cute with people.:)

I have a few stories but here is one. My son had popcorn in his stroller and when we were visiting Goofy, he noticed it and took it out and pretended to chug it. My son was soo happy. He still tells everyone how he shared his popcorn with Goofy. Same trip Chip n' Dale were literally rolling on the floor with my son...so cute!:)

Cute CM story. Years ago at Prime Time Cafe, I was wearing a Winnie the Pooh t-shirt. Well, the server screamed, "eeew, you have pooh on your shirt?!" It was so funny...and then I had to go in the corner for having my elbows on the table!:rolleyes:

jmorri26

I have 2 that I did as a small child-

We had 2 phone lines in my house growing up and my mom thought it was cute to call one phone downstairs while my grandmother told me Minnie was calling. She'd answer and a grinning ear to ear little 3 year old me would proceed to talk to Minnie for as long as I could (with my mom in full squeeky Minnie voice) telling her how I was coming to see her soon. She'd tell me how happy she was going to be to see me.
We got to the Magic Kingdom and low and behold- Minnie. With a crowd of kids around her. I proceed to run up, in the middle of pictures with my mom trying to stop me demanding to tell Minnie I was there and wasn't she happy to see me. The poor CM must have been so put off by this crazy child following her for about half an hour going on about how they talk on the phone all the time!

The second was that same trip. We went to the character breakfast at the Polynesian at the time and Mickey walked right up to me. I was eating a box of Fruit Loops at the time and decided Mickey looked hungry. I proceeded to cram fistfuls of cereal into the characters mouth basically punching as hard I could the CM in the head trying to force these fruit loops in his mouth that he just didn't seem to want to swallow! Mickey finally got free of my clutches and stumbled off with someone trying to clean crushed cereal out of Mickey's mouth.

Thank goodness for videotapes of both these!

Nicole220

At DL, my friends and I went to Pirates Lair when Jack was out. I really wanted to take a picture since I've never gotten one with him. By the time we got there, Jack left, but the Bootstrappers were there singing. One of the pirates came up to me and extended his hand out like he wanted a handshake. While I was shaking his hand, he took my purse from me.

DSC00744.jpg

He ended up giving it to Jack, who had come back. Jack went through my purse, asking what some of the things were. Then he gave it to a little kid. :lol: I was laughing so hard!

Jack ended up on the same raft as us when we were coming back. He was asking everyone for island fees. No one was giving him anything, so I called him over. I told him I would give him a penny if he took a picture with me...it ended up working, kinda. :lol: :D

DSC00758.jpg

disney21

Code:
[quote="Nicole220, post: 2773415"]I told him I would give him a penny if he took a picture with me...it ended up working, kinda.[/quote]
:lol: funny :D

Panhead

We went to the character breakfast at the Polynesian at the time and Mickey walked right up to me. I was eating a box of Fruit Loops at the time and decided Mickey looked hungry. I proceeded to cram fistfuls of cereal into the characters mouth basically punching as hard I could the CM in the head trying to force these fruit loops in his mouth that he just didn't seem to want to swallow! Mickey finally got free of my clutches and stumbled off with someone trying to clean crushed cereal out of Mickey's mouth.

:ROFLOL: I would've loved to see the CM's face! :lol:

I dont have any, me and my family were always too rushed trying to cram everything that we could into 1 day.

-Chris-

withasmile

i have a few..

We were eating at Ohana's for breakfast and while goofy was signing an autograph at the table next to us, dale got on the floor and tied goofy's shoes together.

A few years ago during EMH the characters were in front of the castle and there were hardly any people. i got a picture with chip and one with dale and my dad wanted to get a picture of them together and the cast member said we have to ask them. So we asked them and dale pointed his finger at chip and pt his other hand on his nose saying he smells. it was so funny. they kept pushing and shoving each other.

Also, once we were eating at the Liberty Tree Tavern and Dale wrote in my autograph book "dale rules chip drools - dale" and when chip came my sister showed him and chip shook his head and wrote " love 'n' nuts - chip" and my sister showed dale, and i have like 5 pages in my autograph book of them writing about the other..

bluefaery

Back in 2004 during our first trip together my boyfriend, Adam and I had ADR's at The Liberty Tree Tavern. I had never been to a character dining before so I was a little nervous. During dinner I started to get a headache and Adam offered to go get me some medication. So as I was sitting there at the table alone, Chip came by to say hi. He saw that I was alone and starting motioning to the empty chair across from me as if to say “where’s the other person?” I told Chip that my boyfriend was out getting me headache medication. Chip then proceeded to rub my head to try and make me feel better (it actually worked a little). When I said thank you, Chip sat down grabbed my left hand and held it as to act like a “stand in boyfriend”. By this time Adam had come back and saw Chip sitting at the table. Adam came up to the table and started playfully yelling at Chip. Chip got up and started to playfully fight Adam. I couldn’t stop laughing.

bluefaery

i have a few..

We were eating at Ohana's for breakfast and while goofy was signing an autograph at the table next to us, dale got on the floor and tied goofy's shoes together.

A few years ago during EMH the characters were in front of the castle and there were hardly any people. i got a picture with chip and one with dale and my dad wanted to get a picture of them together and the cast member said we have to ask them. So we asked them and dale pointed his finger at chip and pt his other hand on his nose saying he smells. it was so funny. they kept pushing and shoving each other.

Also, once we were eating at the Liberty Tree Tavern and Dale wrote in my autograph book "dale rules chip drools - dale" and when chip came my sister showed him and chip shook his head and wrote " love 'n' nuts - chip" and my sister showed dale, and i have like 5 pages in my autograph book of them writing about the other..

looking back on those in about 10 years will make you laugh. I have a book that Dopey wrote " I <3 snow white" It makes me smile to this day.

RAZORBRAD

i have a few

at EPCOT where they have the new meet and greet we went through the lines of characters and got to Chip and Dale. I am a huge Arkansas Razorback fan and was wearing a Hog shirt as usual. As I walked up to Chip and Dale one of them pointed at my shirt that had Razorbacks across the front with a pic of a Hog underneath. Then he pointed at himself and started doing the Gator chomp motion with his arms that Florida Gator fans do at games. Then we went to Goofy for a pic next and Chip and Dale left there pic spot stood next to the photographer taking our pic and started doing it again.

AT the Crystal palace me and my GF were eating when Piglet came to our table, I was wearing a shirt that said WOO PIG SOOIIE on the front and Piglet got excited and pointed at the word PIG and started pointing at himself and clapping.

I was at the World with my parents, but spent most of the time by myself and when I went to Chef Mickeys for lunch. Mickey came to my table and pointed at the empty chair at my table and shrugged his shoulders, asking why I was alone. i told him that no one loved me. He covered his mouth with his hand, hugged me and then sat down at the table with me. It was kinda cute

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom