Trip Report Fun With Friends & Family!!

Starting this TR is LOOOOONG overdue!! It's actually been hanging over me like a dark cloud for quite some time. I've wanted to start it but, you know, life, work & a few Disney trips in the mix get in the way!! Speaking of Disney, I don't know what is possessing me to start this now considering I'm heading down on Friday so that will put this on hold for a bit!! If only I(& my phone battery) had it in me to do live TR's it might make these more timely!!

WHEN: Thursday, October 27th - Tuesday, November 1st
Yep, I'm going to take you back to the fall/Halloween decorations time period!! It feels like forever ago(I guess b/c it was!!) It feels so strange talking about this when earlier this month I was able to ride Tron during the AP preview period. By the time I get to that one it will definitely be "old news"!!

WHERE: Saratoga Springs Preferred 1BR Villa(@Darstarr😘)
IMG_6348.JPEG

WHO:
Our super fun friends!!
@lindawdw & her husband!!
IMG_6431.JPEG

Our super fun family!!
I think you know us by now but as a refresher--
Niece E, Sister E, Sister C(funny, it makes them sound like they are nuns!!🤣), BIL D, Niece A, Nephew J and yours truly!!
IMG_6538.JPEG

Remember at the end of our last trip where Happy Limo forgot about us?? Yeah, me too. I really did not want to use their service ever again after that. But, unfortunately, we already had it booked for this trip so we decided to still go with them. I'm happy to report that they must have learned a lesson b/c the texts from them were a bit overkill compared to our past trips. I got this one the night before we left--
IMG_6297.PNG

Then this one a few minutes later--
IMG_6298.PNG

As you can see even though they have left a bad taste in my mouth I was still cordial!!

We had an evening flight on Thursday. We left after J got home from school. Their Halloween party was that day & I asked him what his costume was supposed to be. He told me he was dressed as "a cool kid."
IMG_6304.JPEG

While E parked the car J & I had headed through security where my suitcase had to be searched. I'll fill you in later as to what I was carrying that was so bad!!
IMG_6303.JPEG

He & I got a table at Friday's & ordered while we waited for E to get there.
IMG_6310.JPEG

Cool kid wanted to sit with me on the plane!!
IMG_6313.JPEG

During the flight I got yet another message from Happy Limo. This message confirmed who I thought would be our driver. I told E & J to be prepared. He was my driver once the year before. He loves to talk like Donald Duck. Don't get me wrong he's very good but imagine me being in a car(a grown woman) with a grown man who's talking to me in a Donald Duck voice. It was nothing short of AWKWARD!!!
So, on this run, we tried to keep the conversation flowing so the opportunity didn't come up. Knowing that he does this(@Doc Disney can attest) I could tell he was anxiously awaiting his chance to start. And boy, did he ever!! The rest of the way there!! Once we parted ways with him E was just shaking her head. I again reiterated about how I felt being in a car with just he & I!!

IMG_6320.PNG

slipperalwaysfits

We had planned on coming here also but we arrived earlier than we anticipated!!
Finally catching up after a busy couple of weeks! You made it to my favorite stop on property!! 😍😍😍
The kids got some desserts to share.
WOAH. DID NOT KNOW THEY HAD DESSERTS. GAME CHANGER!! :hungry::hungry::inlove::inlove: They look yummy, too!
We checked out the pumpkins
These are adorable! Very creative. I can't imagine the time and effort that goes into the planning and decorating of these.
Look who had to have their bag checked!! Never could understand that. She had the exact same stuff going into Epcot the first time but this time there's an issue.
I think there's only like one time every trip where mine DOESN'T get checked. I swear it's the hearing aid batteries for me.

The reason for my absence!! I've never worn a Disney button but that was about to change!! In hindsight, I should have wore it a little higher to cover the stain!! Anyhow, you all know our traditional family photo we take at Rose & Crown. That next month(Nov 2022-only 2 days away from then) would be the 10 year anniversary of the start of us taking that picture!! Wow, where does the time go!! So, I went & got us buttons for the occasion!! I think the CM thought it was a bit strange at first but after fully explaining it she thought(at least she acted like it) that it was pretty cool!!
What a great idea!! How fun! The buttons are for celebrating anything so I 100% love your idea!

I wandered around a bit & picked up a treat for J.
Awww, what a great Aunt!! Another favorite spot of mine on property. Soooo yummy. I bought the Falcon pop for DH last trip. I'll have to ask him what he thought of it...

Wicked Sisters

In the Parks
No
Hi, could I just ask where you actually go and get the buttons from. We have something to celebrate whilst we are there and that would be a great idea. J looks so grown up in the photo after his haircut.

Tiki Traveler

Hi, could I just ask where you actually go and get the buttons from. We have something to celebrate whilst we are there and that would be a great idea. J looks so grown up in the photo after his haircut.
We‘ve gotten buttons from Guest Services ant the front of the parks and the front desks of our hotels. Maybe there are other places too?? You may want to bring a sharpie pen to add something to your button or the CM may do that too.

I know you didn’t ask but your resort front desk may have a resort map and key card too. Sometimes these are fun, free souvenirs.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
We‘ve gotten buttons from Guest Services ant the front of the parks and the front desks of our hotels. Maybe there are other places too?? You may want to bring a sharpie pen to add something to your button or the CM may do that too.

I know you didn’t ask but your resort front desk may have a resort map and key card too. Sometimes these are fun, free souvenirs.

@Wicked Sisters In addition to a sharpie, having some clear tape is useful - one year a CM put it on for us as it helps to prevent what is written from smudging.

Wicked Sisters

In the Parks
No

Thank you so much for replying with such valuable information. I think it will be lovely to show that we are celebrating our retirement at WDW as this is the fourth attempt to get there.

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
It happened to me in the bird habitat at AK also. 🤣 The salads with the add-ons look pretty puny! We've never been to the hideaway but always thought it might be fun to go for a drink in the evening. J looks so grown-up with his haircut and such a lucky kid to have an Aunt who buys him such delicious treats!
The sad thing was that the add-ons were pretty pricey for what you got!! Like I said, I liked the atmosphere but can't see going back soon!! It does make him look older plus he really needed it!!
I got hit by a bird in the same place. Luckily, it wasn't a huge bird that got me but my husband and I have worn a hat at AK ever since 🤣
Wise move!!
I've read somewhere that it's supposed to be good luck if you get bird 💩 on you. 🤷‍♀️
I've heard that but I don't believe it!!
Reason #163 why AK is my least favorite park.
You should have seen how quickly I walked through that bird habitat last week!! :joyfull:
You're braver than me. I don't like birds so I wouldn't have even attempted it!!
I think it's protection against lawsuits. If they give you meds for a headache, and you have a bad reaction to the meds they give you, they need to cover their rears so you don't sue them. When we were vacationing in Wyoming several years ago, we were at a pool so all the kids could swim. (We were with my friend Karla's family, with her 3 kids and my 2) A was swimming and some kid jumped in from the side, pretty much right on top of him, and elbowed him in the head. He came out crying, and they blew the whistle for break, so all the kids had to get out. We asked for some ice to hold on his head and they handed me a three page incident report form to fill out. By the time I had that thing filled in, he didn't need the ice anymore. It was ridiculous.
Makes sense for meds, but a bandage??
Hate it when that happens. A bird got me in my back yard on my birthday last year.
That's awful!! And to land on your face!!
Oddly enough, we found a rogue bra in one of those drawers once, too! There's a bit of a gap on the back side: if you overstuff the drawer, an item can get wedged partially behind it and be difficult to see, and then fall back inside and slide forward the next time the drawer is opened forcefully. At least, that was our theory... 🤣
Never thought about it that way but that makes sense!!
I've heard the same!!
I can confidently state that my luck did NOT improve after being crapped on by a bird :)
Mine never did either!!
These are adorable! Very creative. I can't imagine the time and effort that goes into the planning and decorating of these.
They were really cute!!
What a great idea!! How fun! The buttons are for celebrating anything so I 100% love your idea!
I was excited that I thought of it!!
I got ours at Guest Services at the International Gateway. The CM had a sharpie that she used!!

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
MONDAY, OCTOBER 31ST

I started the day out walking around this gorgeous resort!!
IMG_6675.JPEG

We've arrived!!
IMG_6676.JPEG

Happy Limo was really on their A game. Here they were texting me over 24 hours before our pickup time!!
IMG_6679.PNG

There wasn't a wait & we hadn't took a spin on this in awhile so we went on.
IMG_6680.JPEG

I'm sure you were thinking that Baseline would be up next but we still had a bit of time so TSM it was!!
IMG_6683.JPEG

IMG_6686.JPEG

IMG_6687.JPEG

Then it was time for Baseline!!
IMG_6689.JPEG

But, we didn't get there early enough so we didn't get our favorite table.
IMG_6690.JPEG

This one would have to do!!
IMG_4517.JPEG

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
I love that you start your days at WDW with a nice walk around your resort! TSM is the best ride at DHS IMHO. It's too bad you didn't get your favorite table at Baseline but at least you were able to snag a table. They seem to fill up quickly in that place!
I totally enjoy my walks!! It puts me in a nice frame of mind(plus, I need the exercise!!). I always use my morning walks to think about how grateful & thankful I am that I can be there!!
Hey--at least we got our favorite table with you!! That made me happy!! 🥰

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
MONDAY, OCTOBER 31ST

I'm sure it's not going to be a big surprise to you all but J & I parted ways with E so we could pay the Aerosmith crew a visit!!
IMG_6696.JPEG

We got stuck for a bit at the end.
IMG_6698.JPEG

That meant there was time for Aunt Patti & J to get an awesome ride photo together!!(b/c I'm not paying for PP, right @Tuvalu!!)
IMG_6699.JPEG

We had a little more time before we met up with E so J talked me into getting him this!!
IMG_6702.JPEG

So I had to join the party!!
IMG_6703.JPEG

We sat on a bench for awhile talking & enjoying our beverages. It was so much fun!! I absolutely cherish those memories!!

We agreed our final hurrah for the day would be Rise so that's where we met back up with E.
IMG_6706.JPEG

Right before boarding this happened.....
IMG_6710.JPEG

The ride went down & J graduated from sitting on the floor to LAYING!! In all fairness though, E & I ended up sitting after awhile!!
IMG_6711.JPEG

Glad we stuck it out!! The wait was only about 20 minutes then we were facing Kylo Ren!!
IMG_6713.JPEG

Then it was time to bid HS farewell & hop on the Skyliner!!
IMG_6714.JPEG

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
MONDAY, OCTOBER 31ST

So, we bid HS farewell b/c a few months back I happened to get us a lunch reservation for here!!
IMG_6717.JPEG

We were super excited to check it out!!
IMG_6719.JPEG

J got our "pass" to go to space.(Doesn't he look a bit nervous??)
IMG_6722.JPEG

IMG_6724.JPEG

The next few pics are of our boarding & "takeoff"!!
IMG_6725.JPEG

IMG_6726.JPEG

IMG_6727.JPEG

We've arrived!!
IMG_6728.JPEG

Such a cool restaurant!!
IMG_6730.JPEG

And we were headed to some of the best seats in the house!!
IMG_6731.JPEG

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
MONDAY, OCTOBER 31ST

Couldn't have asked for a better table!! It was awesome--just like being in Coral Reef front & center!!
IMG_6733.JPEG

At that point in the day it was a prix fixe menu.
I got the calamari as an appetizer & it was excellent!!
IMG_6736.JPEG

There's J's burger!!
IMG_6737.JPEG

I think E's appetizer was some kind of cauliflower dish??
IMG_6738.JPEG

She got a burger minus a bun.
IMG_6739.JPEG

I went with the steak salad.
IMG_6740.JPEG

J got a cupcake after his meal!!
IMG_6741.JPEG

IMG_6742.JPEG

IMG_6743.JPEG

IMG_6745.JPEG

So, the food was decent. Nothing to write home about but not bad either. You're definitely paying more for the experience/atmosphere. We're glad we tried it but do any of us want to go back?? No.
It's way too hyped up & you definitely don't get your money's worth, IMO!!

lindawdw

MONDAY, OCTOBER 31ST

Couldn't have asked for a better table!! It was awesome--just like being in Coral Reef front & center!!
View attachment 713738

At that point in the day it was a prix fixe menu.
I got the calamari as an appetizer & it was excellent!!
View attachment 713739

There's J's burger!!
View attachment 713740

I think E's appetizer was some kind of cauliflower dish??
View attachment 713741

She got a burger minus a bun.
View attachment 713742

I went with the steak salad.
View attachment 713743

J got a cupcake after his meal!!
View attachment 713744

View attachment 713745

View attachment 713746

View attachment 713747

So, the food was decent. Nothing to write home about but not bad either. You're definitely paying more for the experience/atmosphere. We're glad we tried it but do any of us want to go back?? No.
It's way too hyped up & you definitely don't get your money's worth, IMO!!
As I have said so many times, you are the BEST Aunt and Joey is one lucky boy!!! That drink you bought him looks so delicious! Pete and I did Space 220 one-time last year and thought the food was pretty good, but it was a one and done for us. You summed it up perfectly.

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
As I have said so many times, you are the BEST Aunt and Joey is one lucky boy!!! That drink you bought him looks so delicious! Pete and I did Space 220 one-time last year and thought the food was pretty good, but it was a one and done for us. You summed it up perfectly.
Thanks!! But, I'm only the best aunt b/c of my awesome nieces & nephews!! They make it easy for me!!
I was so excited to get the reservation(& I'm glad I did) & I'm happy we got to try it but definitely no need to go back soon!!

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
MONDAY, OCTOBER 31ST

After our late lunch/early dinner look where we were heading!! 🥰 🥰:D:D
IMG_6746.JPEG

Oh yeah!!
IMG_6748.JPEG

We hit up Fulton's first!!
IMG_6749.JPEG

They had some new POR merchandise. I really liked this but, white?? Yeah, I'll ruin that in a heartbeat!!
IMG_6750.JPEG

The mugs are cute!! Too bad I don't make my own coffee, though. As you all know, I'm a Starbucks(mobile ordering) kind of girl!!
IMG_6752.JPEG

Way too much going on with this stuff!!
IMG_6754.JPEG

Absolutely beautiful!! This lobby always brings a huge smile to my face!!
IMG_6755.JPEG

As does the Ol' Man Island Area(esp. Muddy Rivers!!)
IMG_6757.JPEG

We went to the campfire area to roast marshmallows!!
IMG_6759.JPEG

Someone's got a bit overdone!!🤣
IMG_6761.JPEG

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
MONDAY, OCTOBER 31ST

After the marshmallow roasting we headed back to the main area for the Halloween festivities!!
IMG_6762.JPEG

I just love this resort!!
IMG_6763.JPEG

IMG_6764.JPEG

We stopped in The Riverside Mill & look who waited on us!! Always a treat!! An absolutely wonderful guy!!
IMG_6765.JPEG

I took a picture of this to remind myself to do this on a future trip. So, I tried last month & unfortunately I guess it's a thing of the past now....
IMG_6766.JPEG

Time for the Halloween festivities!! The DJ was a lot of fun!!
IMG_6767.JPEG

J picked out a pumpkin to decorate!!
IMG_6768.JPEG

IMG_6769.JPEG

He had fun doing it!!
IMG_6771.JPEG

He also had fun getting candy!!
IMG_6772.JPEG

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
MONDAY, OCTOBER 31ST

Here's J's finished product!!
IMG_6773.JPEG

Now it was time for candy!!
IMG_6776.JPEG

I wish I would have(but wasn't thinking) got a picture of who we ran into while J was doing his thing. Our friend, Patrick(from the River Roost)was there with his daughter, saw us & came over to say hello!! It was so great to see him & a pleasure to meet his adorable little girl!! Fortunately for me I've been able to catch up with him on my last few trips to POR!!
IMG_6778.JPEG

A little more candy!!
IMG_6781.JPEG

Now it was time for the adults to celebrate Halloween at The River Roost with our friend John!!
IMG_6783.JPEG

They had some special drink for Halloween that had apple cider in it so E & I both gave it a try!!
IMG_6786.JPEG

While J & John were creating a masterpiece!!
IMG_6788.JPEG

John is an awesome guy & we always enjoy seeing him!! J was having so much fun with him!! As much as I love Bob's show it's also nice to go in there when it's nice & quiet. It's fun to be able to talk to the rest of our friends at The River Roost. When Bob's playing it's so busy so it's harder to talk to them!!
IMG_6790.JPEG

Seriously, The River Roost has the best crew going!!
IMG_6791.JPEG

Look what J & John constructed out of his candy!!
IMG_6792.JPEG

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
MONDAY, OCTOBER 31ST

After enjoying our evening with John & all the fun Halloween festivities at Riverside it was time to head back to Saratoga.
IMG_6793.JPEG

😘😘😘
IMG_6794.JPEG

IMG_6795.JPEG

We took the boat to DS & would walk to Saratoga from there.
IMG_6797.JPEG

IMG_6799.JPEG

IMG_6800.JPEG

When we got back I helped J with his homework. I had to call R for the "Write About It" question to make sure we were answering it correctly!! Guess what--we had a better answer than what the elementary school principal did!!o_O
IMG_6806.JPEG

Here's a Pulp Fiction moment--I mentioned how my pictures aren't loading in order. Here's one that I found from our Epcot lunch the day before!!
IMG_4471.JPEG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom