Trip Report Fun With Friends & Family!!

Starting this TR is LOOOOONG overdue!! It's actually been hanging over me like a dark cloud for quite some time. I've wanted to start it but, you know, life, work & a few Disney trips in the mix get in the way!! Speaking of Disney, I don't know what is possessing me to start this now considering I'm heading down on Friday so that will put this on hold for a bit!! If only I(& my phone battery) had it in me to do live TR's it might make these more timely!!

WHEN: Thursday, October 27th - Tuesday, November 1st
Yep, I'm going to take you back to the fall/Halloween decorations time period!! It feels like forever ago(I guess b/c it was!!) It feels so strange talking about this when earlier this month I was able to ride Tron during the AP preview period. By the time I get to that one it will definitely be "old news"!!

WHERE: Saratoga Springs Preferred 1BR Villa(@Darstarr😘)
IMG_6348.JPEG

WHO:
Our super fun friends!!
@lindawdw & her husband!!
IMG_6431.JPEG

Our super fun family!!
I think you know us by now but as a refresher--
Niece E, Sister E, Sister C(funny, it makes them sound like they are nuns!!🤣), BIL D, Niece A, Nephew J and yours truly!!
IMG_6538.JPEG

Remember at the end of our last trip where Happy Limo forgot about us?? Yeah, me too. I really did not want to use their service ever again after that. But, unfortunately, we already had it booked for this trip so we decided to still go with them. I'm happy to report that they must have learned a lesson b/c the texts from them were a bit overkill compared to our past trips. I got this one the night before we left--
IMG_6297.PNG

Then this one a few minutes later--
IMG_6298.PNG

As you can see even though they have left a bad taste in my mouth I was still cordial!!

We had an evening flight on Thursday. We left after J got home from school. Their Halloween party was that day & I asked him what his costume was supposed to be. He told me he was dressed as "a cool kid."
IMG_6304.JPEG

While E parked the car J & I had headed through security where my suitcase had to be searched. I'll fill you in later as to what I was carrying that was so bad!!
IMG_6303.JPEG

He & I got a table at Friday's & ordered while we waited for E to get there.
IMG_6310.JPEG

Cool kid wanted to sit with me on the plane!!
IMG_6313.JPEG

During the flight I got yet another message from Happy Limo. This message confirmed who I thought would be our driver. I told E & J to be prepared. He was my driver once the year before. He loves to talk like Donald Duck. Don't get me wrong he's very good but imagine me being in a car(a grown woman) with a grown man who's talking to me in a Donald Duck voice. It was nothing short of AWKWARD!!!
So, on this run, we tried to keep the conversation flowing so the opportunity didn't come up. Knowing that he does this(@Doc Disney can attest) I could tell he was anxiously awaiting his chance to start. And boy, did he ever!! The rest of the way there!! Once we parted ways with him E was just shaking her head. I again reiterated about how I felt being in a car with just he & I!!

IMG_6320.PNG

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 28TH

After our ride we headed out of HS.
IMG_6395.JPEG

@lindawdw & her husband invited us to go with them to a DVC Halloween event at the Boardwalk so we walked over there. E was on the phone with work so she was walking a bit ahead of us.
IMG_6396.JPEG

While we waited in line to get in J took his usual position!!:(
IMG_6400.JPEG

Soon the party started!!
IMG_1760.JPEG

CM's were making balloon figures(is that what you call them?) Now J had a sword & a saber!!
IMG_1761.JPEG

CM's were on hand to take pictures with your phones. I love this picture!!
IMG_1762.JPEG

Why are we so off centered in this one??
IMG_1765.JPEG

Goofy was all ready for Halloween!!
IMG_1769.JPEG

It was so neat being able to get pictures with characters that you don't normally see!!
IMG_1771.JPEG

They had fun music playing also. It was such a neat experience!!
IMG_1777.JPEG

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 28TH

Upon leaving everyone was given a popcorn bucket. E's favorite!!🤣
IMG_6402.JPEG

IMG_6403.JPEG

We had to make sure we got a picture with them!!
IMG_1778.JPEG

We sat outside for a few minutes while we waited for @lindawdw's husband to take their buckets back to their room.
IMG_6404.JPEG

Someone was hungry!!
IMG_6406.JPEG

We then headed over to Epcot for our dinner reservation. We had time for a few rides so we hit up Soarin' first.
IMG_6408.JPEG

Yes, I know it's a lousy photo but I'm again documenting how much time this kid sits on the ground!!

FullSizeRender.jpeg

This time he just hopped right in with @lindawdw!! I see where we rate!!
IMG_1781.JPEG

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 28TH

@lindawdw & her husband had a dinner reservation for La Hacienda. When we were making plans to meet leading up to the trip she was able to modify the reservation & add us to it!!
IMG_6424.JPEG

I do not recall what kind of margarita I had but knowing me it was something spicy.
IMG_6425.JPEG

E & I split the Parrillada Del Mar. It was excellent!!
IMG_6426.JPEG

Looks like J had tacos!!
IMG_6427.JPEG

After a wonderful meal we headed out to get dessert. We saw that Hanson was playing that night. Uh, no thanks!!
IMG_6428.JPEG

Dessert time!!
IMG_6429.JPEG

Unfortunately, I don't have pictures of what any of us got but I know we enjoyed it!!
IMG_6430.JPEG

After that we parted ways:( @lindawdw & her husband had an early flight home the next day. J was insistent on wanting to go swimming so that was our plan.
We had an absolutely amazing day with @lindawdw & her husband!! We had so much fun!! The sad thing is the day seemed to go by way too fast for me!! I'm definitely looking forward to getting together again--sooner than later!!🥰 I'm sure J is too!!😊
IMG_6431.JPEG

On the way out we said a quick hello to the rest of the family. They had just arrived late that afternoon. I know it doesn't look it but E was excited to see us!!
IMG_6433.JPEG

After an awesome day we headed back to Saratoga!!
IMG_6434.JPEG

Swissmiss

Premium Member
As I was reading about the light saber I was going to make a comment that at least it wasn’t a popcorn bucket 😉 (I can only imagine how peeved E was to end up with 2 popcorn buckets as well 🤣)

And I know I‘ve said it before: you are an awesome aunt and as others have noted, it is your job as an aunt to get/do things for your nieces and nephews that their parents won’t/don’t. And us mothers just have to suck it up buttercup 😉

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom