Fulton's Crab House Closing for Six Months to become Paddlefish

MMDVC

Maybe they should have gone the route of The Admiral that used to be docked in St. Louis. That was a modern paddleboat... until it was scrapped a few years ago.

I grew up in St.Louis... loved the Admiral for so many reasons. Thanks for the pic!

roj2323

IMG_3736.JPG
IMG_3737.JPG
IMG_3735.JPG
Taken about 2 hours ago

Ceilings are painted and the lighting is hung. Even at 9 pm there were still workers scurrying about. The top floor has some dark blue on the ceiling towards the center of the boat but there wasn't a whole heck of a lot I could see.

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Saturday, Jan 14. Really nice photos posted recently above. I'll add these photos with a construction commentary.

On the foredeck, joists are being installed for a raised wooden deck, which will be about 1 1/2 feet above the outer deck that surrounds most of the ship. The new metal fencing will separate the levels.

IMG_9047.JPG

New access bridges were built between the shore and Paddlefish, which were needed. The emergency escape at the rear of the ship allows access from all three guest levels. Yes, there is a steering wheel in the pilot house on top.

IMG_9048.JPG

On the second deck, the hanging lights in the front room can be seen, but are still protected with plastic.

IMG_9049.JPG

The drive shafts are attached to the paddle wheel, and appear to pass through openings in the ship's structure. However, the drive shafts on both sides of the wheel are at the exact same angle/position, which would not be efficient in actually turning the wheel. The conclusion is the wheel will probably not turn.

IMG_9050.JPG

IMG_9051.JPG

IMG_9053.JPG

Last edited:

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Photo update as of Saturday, Jan 14. Really nice photos posted recently above. I'll add these photos with a construction commentary.

On the foredeck, joists are being installed for a raised wooden deck, which will be about 1 1/2 feet above the outer pier that surrounds the ship. The new metal fencing will separate the levels.

View attachment 184492

New access bridges were built between the shore and Paddlefish, which were needed. The emergency escape at the rear of the ship allows access from all three guest levels. Yes, there is a steering wheel in the pilot house on top.

View attachment 184493

On the second deck, the hanging lights in the front room can be seen, but are still protected with plastic.

View attachment 184494

The drive shafts are attached to the paddle wheel, and appear to pass through openings in the ship's structure. However, the drive shafts on both sides of the wheel are at the exact same angle/position, which would not be efficient in actually turning the wheel. The conclusion is the wheel will probably not turn.

View attachment 184495

View attachment 184496

View attachment 184497
My my, you've been busy today. Awesome pics and commentary from four separate DS projects. I very much appreciate locals and AP's who are able to visit often. Makes me feel like I'm "in the loop".

Hubby and I really appreciated all the new additions and improvements when we were there in September. Can't wait until it's all done.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

On the foredeck, joists are being installed for a raised wooden deck, which will be about 1 1/2 feet above the outer pier that surrounds the ship. The new metal fencing will separate the levels.

View attachment 184492

View attachment 184493

View attachment 184494

View attachment 184495

View attachment 184496

View attachment 184497

Thanks for the pictures. It was pretty clear from the way the axel was mounted to the frame that it would not rotate.

upload_2017-1-15_9-1-8.png

brihow

I'm really torn on this. The lighting really looks fantastic but i just wish there was just a little more detail to the structure.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-01-18 at 5.35.43 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-01-18 at 5.35.43 PM.png
    446.3 KB · Views: 221

TimeTrip

But will their oysters be cheaper than the Boathouse?? The Boathouse oysters are VERY pricey. I'm thankful they started including "by the dozen" pricing for certain oysters that brings certain ones down to $3 an oyster...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom