Full Vaccination Required Ages 5+ Starting 1/13/22

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
I appreciate your point, I would just like to highlight that my family and I are fully vaccinated, and we cancelled. We did this because we don’t support Disney’s approach to its consumers, the best way to show that was by canceling.
Sure. I just doubt many more will cancel. We will never know how many canceled, of course. I don’t gather it was a devastating loss.

peter11435

I appreciate your point, I would just like to highlight that my family and I are fully vaccinated, and we cancelled. We did this because we don’t support Disney’s approach to its consumers, the best way to show that was by canceling.
You have to do what feels right for you. But I assure you that it will hurt you more than it will hurt them.

Mindy55

You have to do what feels right for you. But I assure you that it will hurt you more than it will hurt them.
I think that depends on the net gain / loss,. As has been widely reported, we are not alone. But to your point, My family and I are not hurt at all, so .. it’s all good. As a family we agree, it’s better for us to stand for what we believe rather than to surrender or make compromises in particular areas. I’m only speaking for myself and my family of course.

peter11435

I think that depends on the net gain / loss,. As has been widely reported, we are not alone. But to your point, My family and I are not hurt at all, so .. it’s all good. As a family we agree, it’s better for us to stand for what we believe rather than to surrender or make compromises in particular areas. I’m only speaking for myself and my family of course.
Great! It it’s no loss for you and your family then you’ve definitely made the right decision.

But also remember that it’s not Disney’s choice to require vaccination. They would quite literally be unable to sail if they didn’t.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Great! It it’s no loss for you and your family then you’ve definitely made the right decision.

But also remember that it’s not Disney’s choice to require vaccination. They would quite literally be unable to sail if they didn’t.

I think that is where a lot of people are misinformed about the truth. The Bahamian government mandated that anyone exiting a ship at one of their islands, including the private islands like Castaway Cay, MUST be vaccinated. It wasn't Disney making the decisions, but you are acting like they had a choice, when they did not have a choice. Well, ok, they could have chosen to not sail at all, but that certainly isn't a choice at all for a cruise line.

CaptainAmerica

I think that is where a lot of people are misinformed about the truth. The Bahamian government mandated that anyone exiting a ship at one of their islands, including the private islands like Castaway Cay, MUST be vaccinated. It wasn't Disney making the decisions, but you are acting like they had a choice, when they did not have a choice. Well, ok, they could have chosen to not sail at all, but that certainly isn't a choice at all for a cruise line.
Everyone of vaccine-eligible age.*

CaptainAmerica

True, which was 12 and older when we cruised with them in October. At least they've given people time to get their younger children vaccinated before the required date.
Yep. Just wanted to be clear to others that kids who are unvaxxed because they can't be vaxxed won't have any trouble at Castaway Cay. They will, however, be required to participate in an official Port Adventure booked through DCL to exit the ship in any of the other ports.

peter11435

Exactly. And it’s not only just to exit the ship there. The cruise lines must provide a passenger manifest to the Bahamas and if an eligible passenger is not vaccinated the ship will not be allowed to dock.

DCL has no choice in this matter

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
The only choice Disney made was to pick a date for 5+. With omicron, it is a certainty that these islands will soon mandate down to age 5. It may not be until February, but they will. Disney chose to make an early call to give people time and not blindside them. I applaud them for the decision.

CaptainAmerica

One thing that I don't understand, maybe someone here can explain it to me, is the testing requirements. My kids (one vaxxed but not yet two weeks from second dose, two under 5) had to test three times for our cruise last week.

Test 1: Swab three days in advance and mail to lab.
Test 2: Swab at the port before boarding.
Test 3: Swab on the ship the last day of the cruise.

Test 2 makes sense to me, and it also makes sense that everyone takes it, regardless of vaccination status. I don't understand what Test 1 tells them that Test 2 doesn't already tell them, and I don't understand the purpose of Test 3 whatsoever.

MotherofaPrincessLover

One thing that I don't understand, maybe someone here can explain it to me, is the testing requirements. My kids (one vaxxed but not yet two weeks from second dose, two under 5) had to test three times for our cruise last week.

Test 2 makes sense to me, and it also makes sense that everyone takes it, regardless of vaccination status. I don't understand what Test 1 tells them that Test 2 doesn't already tell them, and I don't understand the purpose of Test 3 whatsoever.
Does everyone do Test 3 or only unvaccinated?

nickys

Premium Member

Is Test#3 a requirement to re-enter the US?

If unvaccinated US citizens want to return to the US presumably they must have a test within a certain time frame before they arrive. Maybe Test#3 is to fulfil that requirement?

CaptainAmerica

Is Test#3 a requirement to re-enter the US?

If unvaccinated US citizens want to return to the US presumably they must have a test within a certain time frame before they arrive. Maybe Test#3 is to fulfil that requirement?
Could be. It's very specific that it only applies to cruises 5 nights or longer.

Club Cooloholic

I don't mean to be funny, but what would you be surrendering or compromising if the requirements from Disney do not affect you?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom