Full POV video ride through of Seven Dwarfs Mine Train

imagineer boy

I agree that the ending is very abrupt. When I saw the witch I was like, "ooh cool I can't wait to see what comes next" only to have it end. It's like, why bother having that ending if they weren't going to build on it? It's like the same problem with TLM ride. It just ends.

Aside from that major issue, the rest of the ride looks like a solid and fun experience. But it definately isn't a great one by any means.

Mawg

I agree that the ending is very abrupt. When I saw the witch I was like, "ooh cool I can't wait to see what comes next" only to have it end. It's like, why bother having that ending if they weren't going to build on it? It's like the same problem with TLM ride. It just ends.

Aside from that major issue, the rest of the ride looks like a solid and fun experience. But it definately isn't a great one by any means.
I know right, they should have one more scene where snow white eats the apple and dies.

LithiumBill

Funny. I thought we were having a difference of opinion.
No, there was surely a level of trolling there. I have to believe that. I refuse to debate this... it's purely silly and just out there. Like rides HAVE to tell the entire story of a movie... You simply cannot believe that. Like every movie ends with a happy note. Han Solo is left in carbonite in the greatest of all SW flicks...

It ends with the classic STINGER, that just about EVERYONE here wanted, and you say it's NOT AN ENDING over and over... that seems to be trolling a bit to me. no?

imagineer boy

No, there was surely a level of trolling there. I have to believe that. I refuse to debate this... it's purely silly and just out there. Like rides HAVE to tell the entire story of a movie... You simply cannot believe that. Like every movie ends with a happy note. Han Solo is left in carbonite in the greatest of all SW flicks...

It ends with the classic STINGER, that just about EVERYONE here wanted, and you say it's NOT AN ENDING over and over... that seems to be trolling a bit to me. no?

Personally for me it's way too much to be called a stinger. The witch peeking out behind a rock would be a stinger. The ending to me felt like the ride was going to go in a whole new direction and then it just suddenly ends.

lebeau

No.

Honestly no. Not at all.

Obviously, rides don't have to have the entire story. No rides contain the entire story. But endings are preferable. At least in my book. You don't share that opinion. Doesn't make you a troll no matter how many times you keep repeating yourself. (Or does it? To be continued...)

I love Empire now. But when I was 10 and had to wait 3 years to get a proper ending, I was PO'd. By the way, Joss Whedon agrees with me. Just sayin'.

lebeau

Personally for me it's way too much to be called a stinger. The witch peeking out behind a rock would be a stinger. The ending to me felt like the ride was going to go in a whole new direction and then it just suddenly ends.

That's impossible because EVERYONE here wanted this classic STINGER!

You can not have a different opinion from without trolling, no?

;)

LithiumBill

FYI, I am coming off as an old man on his lawn, not the case, i have no lawn...

I just find that argument of No ending to be just out there, like there is nothing else to complain about...

nc_disneyfreak

Looks amazing!! We were there last two years ago and all it was, was steel beams! The imagineers are amazing....we were supposed to go this very week and as some of you know, it got postponed cause' my heart surgery back in December....however, were about a yr away from coming back to WDW strong and ready to experience all of new fantasyland!! With it not open yet, im glad we weren't able to come this week. we would of missed it!!

doctornick

I don't recall me complaining about the lack of story arc, but if that's how it came across, it's not how I feel at all. I'm just saying that it's going to hard to appreciate the scene, especially if you're in the back zipping past. I do get that they want it to feel like you're peering in, but it still seems distant. I do love the "to be continued" vibe of the ending. It fleshes out the ride more while paying homage to the old ride.

This is basically where I am. I have absolutely no problem with the storytelling of the ride -- it's not intended to be a retelling of the movie or even focus on Stow White at all. I think the concept of the cottage scene is fine (I like the use of the witch), but I would have prefered a better view of the dancing scene over the seemingly limited one through the window. I think it is a case where they should have sacrificed some authenticity of the windows and peering in aspect to give a better view.

Of course my opinion might change once I ride the ride for real. It might work better in real life compared to a video.

Mawg

Maybe we can't hear it but maybe with the magic bands communicate with the witch and she'll call out some ones name on the ride.

CinematicFusion

No.

Honestly no. Not at all.

Obviously, rides don't have to have the entire story. No rides contain the entire story. But endings are preferable. At least in my book. You don't share that opinion. Doesn't make you a troll no matter how many times you keep repeating yourself. (Or does it? To be continued...)

I love Empire now. But when I was 10 and had to wait 3 years to get a proper ending, I was PO'd. By the way, Joss Whedon agrees with me. Just sayin'.

Whedon is a solid director...glad he didn't direct Empire. I loved the ending and loved all the lunch room chatter it stirred from 3rd grade to 5th grade while waiting to see what happened to Han. I hope they give us a solid cliff hanger in the next film. Give it that serial vibe Lucas had originally intended for Star Wars.

Mine Train, I was on the fence with this one. I'm still upset it took so freaking long to make because that means every other idea Disney comes up with will take just as long. But, I think it is a very fine ride for fantasyland that the kids will love. If Disney continues to put this much detail in all it's future rides, I'm excited. I'm looking forward to the land of Pandora.
Ending of MineTrain doesn't bother me, fits with the day in the life of a Dwarf story. Getting in the mine train traveling to the mind to dig for some stones with your buddies and then coming home at the end of the day to your house to see a unexpected guest dancing inside your home...with another uninvited guest about to darken the mood. Thought it was cool. If it gets kids to ask questions about who is who and what is what in the ride...then it will make for a fun story time at night while putting the kids to bed. After all, that is the target market for this ride. Small children with their families.

Around christmas I'm sure they will decorate the heck out of this ride and it will be a stunner to ride at night.
my opinion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom