Full photo coverage of the very first appearance and welcoming ceremony of Duffy

imagineer boy

I think it was foolish to think Americans would react to Duffy the same as the Japanese. The Japanese will go banannas over any fluffy animal that's american.

spectromagic04

From today's O'Sentinel:

Disney World bets Duffy the Disney Bear will lift theme-park souvenir sales

Three weeks ago, Disney introduced a new costumed character into company theme parks in Orlando and California. He did not arrive alone.

"Duffy the Disney Bear" debuted in Walt Disney World's Epcot and Disneyland's Disney California Adventure with an army of merchandise. Park souvenir shops began stocking three sizes of stuffed-plush bears and accompanying Duffy costumes, key chains, magnets and more. Additional souvenirs are on the way: Disney says it will have nearly three dozen Duffy items for sale in its theme parks within the next year.

It's a long line of products — all riding on a character that even many Disney fans don't know.

Full Article
Please no more Duffy merchandise he is all ready taking over every store!

funkycold

LOL very true. I noticed a couple days ago no one was buying or paying any attention to the bears or other duffy merch, nor did I see a single one being carried around during the day. They have those bears stocked everywhere and it just doesnt look like any of it is moving. Maybe as Christmas gets closer. The meetngreet looked like it was doing okay but I dont see the the merch blitz campaign lasting too long.

i've actually noticed the opposite, i'm surprised how many kids i see clinging to a duffy bear already. i think the lure isn't really tied to duffy, his story, etc., i just think kids think he's cute and RIDICULOUSLY SOFT. i know i was half tempted to get one just bc of how soft he is. but that's my best guess.

MissM

i've actually noticed the opposite, i'm surprised how many kids i see clinging to a duffy bear already. i think the lure isn't really tied to duffy, his story, etc., i just think kids think he's cute and RIDICULOUSLY SOFT. i know i was half tempted to get one just bc of how soft he is. but that's my best guess.
Yeah I saw quite a few little kids with Duffy bears too and big gaps in the displays of merchandise where they had clearly sold out but not filled it back in yet.

Duffy as a teddy bear is super cute, soft and huggable. Whether or not kids care about the story or the meet I don't know but as a teddy bear...? He's selling very well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom