Full Holiday line-up for the 2010 festive season

EpcotServo

Old WDW Magic:
A Giant Flame War starts about something related to Disney

New WDW Magic:
A Giant Flame War starts about something that isn't even related to Disney

:lol:

jakeman

Well the good news is it's still early. The Food and Wine Festival isn't even fully booked with chefs yet according to some. So maybe there is hope that another, more detailed, release will be coming in the next month.

I certainly hope that Disney doesn't think that the LoW thing will just die quietly.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Well the good news is it's still early. The Food and Wine Festival isn't even fully booked with chefs yet according to some. So maybe there is hope that another, more detailed, release will be coming in the next month.

I certainly hope that Disney doesn't think that the LoW thing will just die quietly.

Quietly? No, I think they've realized how popular LoW truly was for many. I believe the bet now is that the furor will subside some this year, then each year after that....:brick:

dreamfinder

Does this mean that the packages for Candlelight are now available for booking? Or is CRO gonna have no idea that the press release says its ok?

And I agree. No LoW or good replacement is FAIL.

jakeman

Quietly? No, I think they've realized how popular LoW truly was for many. I believe the bet now is that the furor will subside some this year, then each year after that....:brick:
That would be an unfortunate choice by the power that be.

Many people, my family included, routinely decide to make impromptu visits during the holidays to see the decorations around the World.

Decisions such as that, if they become a reality, would preclude us from making that additional trip every few years.

yeti

This PC crapola belongs in Walmart, not Disney.

One thing's for sure, old Walt wouldn't approve it. Then again, maybe that's a good thing..

ptaylor

Premium Member
I bet the folks at the official blog are still scared to even make a post about any of the WDW holiday events because they know what's going to happen in the comments section. Will be interesting to see if they make any mention and how much they will suppress the angry comments. That's what happens when you get social though - you have to take the public flogging.

WDWFigment

Thats not a very good place to submit your comments.

Agree, it has nothing to do with lights of winter, its about food!!

Do you think they're going to post something about the LoW specifically?

Last year's post on there that generated TONS of LoW comments had absolutely nothing to do with LoW, yet Thomas Smith responded.

If you have a better location to post comments that may elicit a response, by all means, post it.

GoofyFan1

And now back to the original post, you remember, the announcement about the holiday happenings:brick:

It lists several narrators for the CP but is there a list with the dates for each narrator out yet?

aladdin2007

And now back to the original post, you remember, the announcement about the holiday happenings:brick:

It lists several narrators for the CP but is there a list with the dates for each narrator out yet?

Not yet, but probably forthcoming shortly. Altho when released this soon like last year at the end of July I think it was, usually it has several spots that say "to be announced." And then a month or two down the road the list ends up being tweaked, added to, or spots replaced.

WDWFigment

Your post has been removed, and so has mine.....hmmmmm

Wow. I still had it open in my browser, so I'm glad I saw this before hitting refresh. Here are the comments that are now inexplicably gone (they were there, NOT awaiting moderation):

2 Comments Add Yours

Tom from IN on July 22nd, 2010 at 12:31 pm

Tower of Terror is definitely in my top 5. The theming is brilliant, the landscaping wonderfully done, and its many references to the Twilight Zone make it somewhat of a “scavenger hunt” for fans of the show!
Additionally, is it true that the Lights of Winter are not coming back to EPCOT this year? They are not listed on the “holiday offerings” press release, and I think many visitors would be disappointed if, after last year, the lights hadn’t been updated and returned to EPCOT after Imagineering has had a year to update the obselete technology with current LED lights. Please reassure us that this simple change has been made as it brings so much delight to so many!

Elizabeth from RI on July 22nd, 2010 at 12:50 pm

Tom, I totally agree with you about Tower of Terror – it’s always a “Must-do” for us!
I’m so disappointed to hear that the Lights of Winter might not be back again this year. Last year we did our first Christmas season trip to the World, after seeing so many wonderful photos of the holiday decorations. We were really unimpressed with Epcot, which has always been our favorite park, hands down. My husband even commented how it just didn’t feel like Christmas there. We’re planning to go again this December, but if nothing has changed, I think we’ll skip Epcot entirely and take a day trip to Sea World instead.

jakeman

Good comment Tom. Nice way to hook them with the compliment!

Elizabeth's comment was awesome. Directly stating a family will take their money elsewhere has got to be cringe-worthy.

The fact they are getting through is great!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom