Frozen

Sped2424

Original Poster
It seems there is more to frozen than the trailers will have us believe, I thought the situation would be more or less similar to tangled. http://www./2013/10/frozen-sets-hea...ation-studios-preview-shows-more-than-comedy/

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
It seems there is more to frozen than the trailers will have us believe, I thought the situation would be more or less similar to tangled. http://www./2013/10/frozen-sets-hea...ation-studios-preview-shows-more-than-comedy/
I read this today too.
Seems interesting and the clip of Idna singing is good but cuts off it seems right before it gets good.
I want to know if Kristoff sings, Jonathan Groff was on Broadway (and Glee) he's a great singer. I hope he gets a song too.

Sped2424

Original Poster
I read this today too.
Seems interesting and the clip of Idna singing is good but cuts off it seems right before it gets good.
I want to know if Kristoff sings, Jonathan Groff was on Broadway (and Glee) he's a great singer. I hope he gets a song too.
I noticed this film is filled with all accomplished singers, kristen bell also has a knack for musical talent it seems. If what he said about let it go being similar to defying gravity being true then I can see this film becoming a fan favorite at least in terms of the music. I am really looking forward to this film.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
I noticed this film is filled with all accomplished singers, kristen bell also has a knack for musical talent it seems. If what he said about let it go being similar to defying gravity being true then I can see this film becoming a fan favorite at least in terms of the music. I am really looking forward to this film.
I was annoyed at first as The Snow Queen was my favorite fairy tale as a child but I've gotten to the point where I have accepted it as it's own story. The comedy commercials had me really worried but the write ups by others have turned me around. I'm looking forward to seeing it now.

Sped2424

Original Poster
I was annoyed at first as The Snow Queen was my favorite fairy tale as a child but I've gotten to the point where I have accepted it as it's own story. The comedy commercials had me really worried but the write ups by others have turned me around. I'm looking forward to seeing it now.
yeah I guess some themes are prevalent, but the trend for disney doesn't really seem to be making any direct interpretation of the classic fairy tales. I will say I do look them turning the snow queen into someone we want to root for, she always striked me as sad when reading the original story. But yeah I agree the comedy commericals while funny didn't encourage me or really even tell the plot.

Magenta Panther

Still don't care. Sorry, Disney. I'm a hardcore Disney/Pixar animation fan, and I'd love to support this, but I can't get past what was done to the source material. Walt and company plussed the fairy tales and stories they adapted. "Frozen", however, is a butchery of "The Snow Queen". Every worthwhile thing in that story was jettisoned in order to cram it into the "Tangled" mold. As a result - I.Could.Not.Care.Less.

Sped2424

Original Poster
Still don't care. Sorry, Disney. I'm a hardcore Disney/Pixar animation fan, and I'd love to support this, but I can't get past what was done to the source material. Walt and company plussed the fairy tales and stories they adapted. "Frozen", however, is a butchery of "The Snow Queen". Every worthwhile thing in that story was jettisoned in order to cram it into the "Tangled" mold. As a result - I.Could.Not.Care.Less.
The film isn't even out yet, how much do we know that they butchered? Also if you wanna talk about butchering source material, ariel should have her heart broken have no tongue, and when she walks around she should feel the pain equivalent of a thousand knives. After all that suffering she walks in to see the prince marry someone else, and worse part is its an actual human not a sea witch, ariel then dies and throws herself into the ocean only to be come sea foam. Then she comes back as an spirit who can only go to heaven after doing a bunch of good deeds for the next couple of years. Thats just the little mermaid, I can't even begin to go in on the other films that have had re works. For tangled in the original tale she is supposed to end up pregnant, and her lover is blind after being thrown into a bunch of thorns. I can get being angry of the movie being bad, but being mad over Disney not sticking to the source material is a little crazy considering how they almost never do.

Bairstow

Wait, how did you manage to see the move already?

Needs a better tagline though...

image.jpg

Sped2424

Original Poster

NOW THIS IS A TRAILER DISNEY. Is anyone pumped because they just compared this film to the lion king? One of the best out of the renaissance? For them to do that, well, they know they go something good on their hands. Also the song at the end of the trailer is known as For the first time in forever, a duet between Anna, and elsa. Needless to say I am super excited.

SpectroMan93

I was just about to post about this! I saw this trailer and instantly fell in love and wanted to see this movie immediately, which is what the other trailers failed to do. And the song at the end is just gorgeous. This is how Disney should market its movies. Perfect blend of plot, humor, character, and drama.

Sped2424

Original Poster
I was just about to post about this! I saw this trailer and instantly fell in love and wanted to see this movie immediately, which is what the other trailers failed to do. And the song at the end is just gorgeous. This is how Disney should market its movies. Perfect blend of plot, humor, character, and drama.
Couldn't agree with you more, that song at the end with the visuals gave me chills.

Disneyfanman

I was pretty uninspired to see this film from the teaser, but I am 100% "in" now. Disney Fairy Tale, music, and solid animation. Does it look like an instant classic? Maybe not but it looks pretty darn good imho. Tangled was one of my favorites in years, and if the same people were involved then here's hoping!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom