Frozen Summer Fun 2015

Moonrayvin

We're heading there from South Carolina at the end of April and my girls (5 and 2) were a bit upset that everything we watched regarding the Frozen Fun was going to be taken away (other than the sing-a-long). I would love it if they at least have Oakens again - we want to play in the snow!!

cjk0318

Original Poster
I'm cool with limited engagement summer specials like this. But, please bring back the fireworks too because I missed those and was REALLY looking forward to seeing them. :)
They're nice.. if you like getting hit in the face with firework debris :D the entire park is a huge fallout zone.

Monkee Girl

I actually don't see anything wrong with Frozen summer fun. Does nothing but add rather than take away like what's happening in norway.

I agree with this. With all the half park talk, a little extra happenings is fine. And some of them sounded neat like the Wandering Oakens play area. My cousin would have loved to go skating in Disney. I just wish they would move it all into one place instead all over 3 parks.

flyerjab

Word around entertainment managers and coordinators at DHS, is that Frozen Summer Fun could/will be returning for 2015.

Last years run was more than extremely popular, which prompted For The First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing Along Celebration to stay "temporarily" following the closing of the summer fun run at the Premiere Theater. The show is slated to move into the theater which recently hosted The American Idol Experience, this June to coincide with the launch of the 2015 event after Star Wars Weekends.

Also slated to return is Anna and Elsa's Royal Welcome, which is also rumored to receive updates and "new" floats.

Again, this is just word of mouth with no real substance to back it up yet.

This will be nice if they add this to the slate of events in DHS, considering that the offerings continue being closed without anything new being added (at present). I also hope that the Royal Welcome is plussed significantly now that they would actually have time to properly prepare for it. After seeing what Disneyland is offering its guest concerning Frozen, WDW can certainly up its game here for not much money. I am certainly not expecting anything near the level of the FoF parade in MK, but if they made some really nice, unique floats for this the people will continue to eat it up.

Cmdr_Crimson

Well, if this Movie Wins the Oscar......That could change...
bigherooscar_zpse53022ee.jpg

Bolt

Haven't heard anything about fireworks yet. If anything happens in the Backlot area, then no fireworks. But I'll keep an ear listening for more.
Star Wars Weekends had fireworks so if it goes the same time, it might go that direction.

Kitty17794

I have heard the rather frightening rumor that Star Wars Weekends and Frozen Summer Fun will run at the same time this year. With FSF running Monday-Friday, and SWW running Saturday-Sunday. I love both properties, but with the new SW movie coming out around then, the idea of cutting back on SWW is a veryyyy silly one. And how are they going to do the usual theming around the park? They surely won't be taking down/putting up different decorations each weekend. It's going to get messy.

jrhwdw

Can't they move pyro to F! during the remodel? SWW just got Pyro last year and Frozen was the best show I've seen since Sorcery. Off topic for a moment, what happened to that rumor of DHS having more pyro show in 2015?

Jakester

I saw the Sing Along yesterday for the 6:00p show and I honestly thought the best part was the corny jokes the "historians" made. Aside from that it was meh.

psherman42

While I'm as over Frozen as just about anyone, it might not be a horrible idea to bring it back. Without Backlot Tour and AIE, why not add something "temporary" to the park in the mean time.

I have heard the rather frightening rumor that Star Wars Weekends and Frozen Summer Fun will run at the same time this year. With FSF running Monday-Friday, and SWW running Saturday-Sunday. I love both properties, but with the new SW movie coming out around then, the idea of cutting back on SWW is a veryyyy silly one. And how are they going to do the usual theming around the park? They surely won't be taking down/putting up different decorations each weekend. It's going to get messy.
I really hope that's not true. That would just be a mess and would be ridiculous if they continued pushing a movie that's almost two years old over a new release. Just no.
They have the dates listed as May 15th (A Friday)-June 14th so hopefully they don't change. SWW are over early enough in the summer that they could start the Frozen stuff once they're finished.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom