Frozen ride replacing Maelstrom?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fairybuzz

How about they just leave the ride the way it is:( Please...
Is that too much to ask? one little ride that never changes! :p Thats all just one little ride to remember my childhood by! I mean like I said its a cool ride! vikings trolls booming narration reversing! How many water rides go backwards seriously?

mitchk

Is that too much to ask? one little ride that never changes! :p Thats all just one little ride to remember my childhood by! I mean like I said its a cool ride! vikings trolls booming narration reversing! How many water rides go backwards seriously?

Indeed .. Please we have SSE in FW, and Maelstrom in WS.....one little piece of EPCOT Center is all I want... Even though Maelstrom was the fist thrill ride at Epcot, it still had the AAs with the WOM, Horizons, SSE feel.

Fairybuzz

And if the creators of Tangled specifically went to the Grand Canyon for that segment, then your argument might make sense.
Fair, but I still think its a bit of a stretch. What bugs me the most is that ok you could say Beauty and the Beast CAME from France same for snow and Germany but I mean, there's nothing to learn about Norway from this movie. There's a few architectural similarities and some snow. I think someone once said you may as well dump it in a Hoth section of star wars land for that matter. (maybe this thread maybe some other board idr)

There's more to Norway than snow and pointy roofs, and when I think of Norway I think vikings, of which there are none in this film. If Disney made how to train a dragon, It'd fit more than this. A Norway pavilion without anything to do with vikings is like a UK pavilion without Tea or Germany without Oktoberfest. It's weird.

Although it does tickle the feminist in me to think manly vikings could be replaced by pretty princesses but still.. XD

Steel City Magic

then again everyone is up in arms about malestrom I think that the frozen m&g moving to fantasyland is a good sign that this malestrom rumor is probably completely 100% bogus IMO

Captain Chaos

then again everyone is up in arms about malestrom when disney hasn't said anything about replacing it with a frozen ride. As a matter of fact I think that the frozen m&g moving to fantasyland is a good sign that this malestrom rumor is probably completely 100% bogus IMO
I think 74 said Frozen in Norway was pitched, but I don't recall him saying it was approved or green lit...

Fairybuzz

then again everyone is up in arms about malestrom when disney hasn't said anything about replacing it with a frozen ride. As a matter of fact I think that the frozen m&g moving to fantasyland is a good sign that this malestrom rumor is probably completely 100% bogus IMO

Actually you are probably right. There's not enough room for it here anyway. The Flume probably reverses because its such a small building they cant fit anymore turns! I hope Maelstrom lasts a long long time so I can take my kids on it too.

They can't simply overlay it like Mexico, and it'd look quite odd if they did try to jam something big in that small building! people would come out saying Thats IT???? No matter what they did unless they dug underground which is unlikely in the sink hole state.

ITs prob just another one of those things like PHinneas and Ferbination! or like the Epcot Matterhorn where It seems like a good idea then it evolves when they realize they need more room or whatnot

Sped2424

then again everyone is up in arms about malestrom I think that the frozen m&g moving to fantasyland is a good sign that this malestrom rumor is probably completely 100% bogus IMO
Not at all, the only reason why frozen is being moved to fantasyland is because it is a traffic nightmare. Just recently WDW1974 stated that a princess fairy tale hall type meet and greet was in the works for Norway's expansion pad over at epcot. At least before the my magic plus blunder sunk a nail in that ship. Either way they want to use this area that much we know. We just don't know how. So sadly Maelstrom is very much still on the endangered species list. Edit he also stated that there already have been proposals pitched to use maelstrom for Frozen.

Captain Chaos

Not at all, the only reason why frozen is being moved to fantasyland is because it is a traffic nightmare. Just recently WDW1974 stated that a princess fairy tale hall type meet and greet was in the works for Norway's expansion pad over at epcot. At least before the my magic plus blunder sunk a nail in that ship. Either way they want to use this area that much we know., we just don't know how. So sadly Maelstrom is very much still on the endangered species list.
You know what's funny? I can see them building that fairytale hall, designing it like the castle in Frozen (maybe even the ice castle), and moving Else and Ana back to Epcot.. And saying THERE IS YOUR FROZEN ADDITION TO WDW!!!! While Disneyland and the over seas parks get state of the art dark rides in FANTASYLAND where Frozen belongs...

Steel City Magic

Why all this love for Malestrom? I don't consider this a thrill ride. It seems rather outdated to me.
TBH i neither like nor dislike maelstrom. but given the size and the obvious wrong area frozen replacing maelstrom would be a horrible idea... plus i now have it in my head that if only they moved IASW to WS and built the frozen/ice queen boat ride in its place in MK if at all... lol darn you whatever poster put THAT in my head...

Matt_Black

There's more to Norway than snow and pointy roofs, and when I think of Norway I think vikings

:facepalm: ... There's more to Norwegian culture than vikings. That's like saying the upcoming Big Hero 6 won't properly reflect Japanese culture and influence unless it has samurai in it.

lazyboy97o

:facepalm: ... There's more to Norwegian culture than vikings. That's like saying the upcoming Big Hero 6 won't properly reflect Japanese culture and influence unless it has samurai in it.
Regardless of how well it reflects Japan, it still would not be a Japanese film.

Fairybuzz

That does not mean they should be downplayed. Just because its popular doesn't automatically make it uninteresting drivel for the masses or something. It was a fascinating time in history, and certainly more nordic than Frozen ever would be

Sped2424

Regardless of how well it reflects Japan, it still would not be a Japanese film.
It's not even entirely Japanese at this point, it's sanfransokyo. plus instead of the all Japanese team like in the comic now there are folks of other nationalities so it loses even more of it's original Japanese influences.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom