Frozen ride replacing Maelstrom?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdmdisney99

EPCOT Center featured the likes of Ray Bradbury consulting but today an announcement of Neil DeGrasse Tyson working with Walt Disney Imagineering would make for a good April Fool's prank.
I keep thinking of how perfect it was with Bradbury consulting. He wrote about what a dystopian future we were heading towards and he helped WDI create a park with a future of the opposite kind, trying to lead visitors away from such an effect.

aladdin2007

If a Frozen attraction is to be built, please don't try to shoehorn it into ANY existing building. Frozen deserves to have the imagineers plan a ride that fits the movie, not fit a certain space.

I agree, just watched the movie again and couldn't help but think what a great ride this would make with sleighs as the ride vehicle. But Disney doesnt seem to have that kind of exuberance in them anymore and wont spend the money to wow like they use to, unless its dvc's and meetngreets, oh and of course billions on nextgen etc..

The Empress Lilly

Few threads have made me weep as much as this one.

It was not Eisner. Nor a petty new generation of imagineers. Nor lack of visitrs. No, the destruction of EPCOT was owing to the unwashed masses who see the world's most daring park, and wish to turn it into a playground for their science-shunning princesses. :grumpy:

%^&$@ cartoons in EPCOT. Like being served haute cuisine and asking for a bottle of ketchup to go with it. Off to the rack to get flogged, says I. :hungover: :banghead:

Matt_Black

Few threads have made me weep as much as this one.

It was not Eisner. Nor a petty new generation of imagineers. Nor lack of visitrs. No, the destruction of EPCOT was owing to the unwashed masses who see the world's most daring park, and wish to turn it into a playground for their science-shunning princesses. :grumpy:

%^&$@ cartoons in EPCOT. Like being served haute cuisine and asking for a bottle of ketchup to go with it. Off to the rack to get flogged, says I. :hungover: :banghead:

How very tolerant of people with different tastes.

The Empress Lilly

How very tolerant of people with different tastes.
I admit to losing myself in a somewhat direct way of expressing my feelings. :oops:

Having said that, I have never walked up to Legoland park and then asked for it to remove the toddler stuff for big kid geek hobbies. I have never walked into a toy shop and asked for the pinky princess bling to be replaced by Jules Verne and Space Shuttles and world culture.

The request here is to replace 'our' park for 'their' park. We have all the tolerance in the world for their pastimes, they have zero tolerance for ours. *draws sword* :cautious:

Wish that instead of EPCOT, people had gone up to Kennedy Space Center and asked for that place to replace Buzz Aldrin with Buzz Lightyear, 'because the kids need something to do'. And ask there for references to the Apollo Space Program to be removed for a 'skank up your daughter for a photo opp with a celeb lookalike', because 'science is offensive to girls'.

Leave Britney alon...erm...leave EPCOT alone!

RSoxNo1

Frozen should be in Fantasyland. Currently there is no other thematic fit. In theory, they could make a new land in Hollywood Studios where it would belong, but the reality is, Fantasyland is the only thematic fit. Having said that, Disney has had success in placing things where they don't belong. These often go overlooked if the attractions themselves are a success.

Matt_Black

Isn't that more tolerant than dumbing down the place to instead appeal to the least common denominator?

That depends- are you going to continue with the name calling and violent hyperbole? Really. Flogging because someone doesn't like high brow entertainment....

Christhegr8

I read an article today that said since Frozen has done so well, talks have already started about creating a ride and that it would replace Maelstrom at the Norway pavillion.

I really hope this doesn't happen. I would love a new ride in Epcot but it should be built not replace a classic ride, especially a still popular one.

Has anyone else heard about this?

I have been to Disney many times and I cannot for the life of me figure out why Maelstrom is even a ride. I think it is just a mess as it just appears to be a random collage of Norwegian cultural snip-its thrown together in an incoherent boat ride. I am sorry to those who see rides like these as classics but I do believe Disney has the capability to produce far better rides. So I would welcome a new Frozen ride! I wouldn't mind a real overhaul of The Pirates of The Caribbean ride...I know that this may cause controversy. I have been on the ride many times and I like its charm and of course the staggeringly realistic new editions of Captain Jack Sparrow anima-tronics. Having said that the movies were great and they were very loosely based on the ride. But I propose either an overhaul to the old ride to make it more like the movies or just a whole new ride based on the movies. Who wouldn't want to ride on the Black Pearl surrounded by undead skeletons in the moonlight and outrun the Krackin? To me there is just too much there to ignore, just like Frozen. As Walt Disney said "Keep Moving Forward."

AllydoesDisney

I have been to Disney many times and I cannot for the life of me figure out why Maelstrom is even a ride. I think it is just a mess as it just appears to be a random collage of Norwegian cultural snip-its thrown together in an incoherent boat ride. I am sorry to those who see rides like these as classics but I do believe Disney has the capability to produce far better rides. So I would welcome a new Frozen ride! I wouldn't mind a real overhaul of The Pirates of The Caribbean ride...I know that this may cause controversy. I have been on the ride many times and I like its charm and of course the staggeringly realistic new editions of Captain Jack Sparrow anima-tronics. Having said that the movies were great and they were very loosely based on the ride. But I propose either an overhaul to the old ride to make it more like the movies or just a whole new ride based on the movies. Who wouldn't want to ride on the Black Pearl surrounded by undead skeletons in the moonlight and outrun the Krackin? To me there is just too much there to ignore, just like Frozen. As Walt Disney said "Keep Moving Forward."
Good point. It is pretty random.

EpcoTim

Why are things so heavy in the future is there a problem with the earth's gravitational pull?

It actually has to do with the slow take over of electronics which in turn results in the human race being capable of doing zero (absolute) physical activity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom