Frozen in Norway: Am I the only one who doesn't mind?

Does anyone not mind if Frozen Ever After is in EPCOT?

• Yes

Votes: 11 44.0%
  • No

Votes: 14 56.0%

• Total voters

mharrington

Original Poster
Snow White and Rapunzel are at this moment plotting a princess-themed blitzkrieg of the Germany pavlion. Italy laughs, while Luca and Pinocchio say "Hold my beer".

Given the amount of Disney IP that takes place in England, the UK pavilion will surely fall.

Seriously, though, who besides has no objections about Frozen being in the Norway Pavilion? I wasn't expecting a lot of joking or sarcasm, I was expecting actual answers.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Frozen in a Norwegian styled part of Fantasyland is fabulous.

Frozen in a Norway pavilion in a World Showcase is not.

But okay, that ship has sailed (Ha! Medium quality word play!) EPCOT is dead, in the IP Replacement Park anything goes.
The ship has sailed, sunk and been consumed by sea life.

I loved the idea of the original Epcot, but it seems I was in the minority. If MK 2.0 is what we are left with then so be it. I made my peace with it a long time ago. Let the characters invade and start putting up decent attractions is WS.

The Empress Lilly

The ship has sailed, sunk and been consumed by sea life.

I loved the idea of the original Epcot, but it seems I was in the minority. If MK 2.0 is what we are left with then so be it. I made my peace with it a long time ago. Let the characters invade and start putting up decent attractions is WS.
Part of me agrees. Certainly it's the sane approach.

But simultaneously, my inner romantic soul resists. As long as one stone (*cough* fiberglass) of EPCOT Center still stands I shall take pilgrimage to that until my dying breath, with complete disinterest in the carnival they built elsewhere on this hallowed ground.

MorphinePrince

My issue with Frozen Ever After is that they gave one of their most successful and beloved films a mediocre representation. Frozen deserved it's own land in the Magic Kingdom with one or two attractions, a meet and greet, and of course a merchandise shop. I do like what they did with the meet and greet in Norway (the building and experience is beautiful) but FEA just falls flat for me.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
My issue with Frozen Ever After is that they gave one of their most successful and beloved films a mediocre representation. Frozen deserved it's own land in the Magic Kingdom with one or two attractions, a meet and greet, and of course a merchandise shop. I do like what they did with the meet and greet in Norway (the building and experience is beautiful) but FEA just falls flat for me.

You do understand why Disney likes to have the same franchise represented in multiple parks right?
While whole lands are nice it allows guests to pick and choose which park to go to and Disney would rather them go to all parks.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
You do understand why Disney likes to have the same franchise represented in multiple parks right?

Where is Star Wars in EPCOT, MK and AK? Avatar in DHS, MK, EPCOT?

Frozen was something they didn't anticipate. When it broke big they scrambled to try and capitalize on it. Still though, Frozen only has any type of presence in EPCOT and DHS. It was rushed. All it got was a retheme of an existing ride, a retheme on a show, and a dedicated M&G location. Their was no cohesive plan. It was more akin to " Where you think we could put it?"

TrainsOfDisney

Only two groups on this one. Those that are quite fine with it and those that think the world is about to end if something in an entertainment theme park might include fantasy.
Not true. I’m right in the middle. I wish epcot could have gone a different direction But frozen didn’t ruin Epcot.

Ideally they would have kept maelstrom and built a frozen ride where they built the meet and greet - that way we didn’t lose a really nice Epcot original.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Where is Star Wars in EPCOT, MK and AK? Avatar in DHS, MK, EPCOT?

Frozen was something they didn't anticipate. When it broke big they scrambled to try and capitalize on it. Still though, Frozen only has any type of presence in EPCOT and DHS. It was rushed. All it got was a retheme of an existing ride, a retheme on a show, and a dedicated M&G location. Their was no cohesive plan. It was more akin to " Where you think we could put it?"

So not EVERYTHING is in EVERY park but I think you get my point... in the end.
Frozen is represented in EPCOT, HS, and MK (usually during the holiday season).
The Little Mermaid is represented in MK and HS.
BATB is represented in MK, HS, and EPCOT.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
So not EVERYTHING is in EVERY park but I think you get my point... in the end.
Frozen is represented in EPCOT, HS, and MK (usually during the holiday season).
The Little Mermaid is represented in MK and HS.
BATB is represented in MK, HS, and EPCOT.

If you consider "representation" being: a character visible in a parade, merchandise sold, or a M&G sure. I don't.

The fact that the Main Street Emporium sells a SW shirt - I don't consider "representation" of SW in the MK. Neither do I a parade where Mickey dons a SW costume.

My response was based on your comment

There are a handful of franchises that have presences in multiple parks. Most do not. Just because Snow White does a M&G just outside the Germany pavilion in EPCOT doesn't scream to me - a Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs presence in EPCOT. It might to you. It's a difference of opinion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom