Frozen Ever After opening day

BrianLo

How would you compare it to Shanghai's Peter Pan?

Hunny Hunt is more of a D to me whereas Pan is a C. They are both amongst the best of their categories, but Pooh is better. It'll be a while before I actually do Frozen in person to find out where I'd slot it.

@WDWFigment or @lazyboy97o would be my running odds on first to do them all.

Was trying to be generous to Pooh (and only cursory glanced at Frozen admittedly, I'll wait in person). The Blustery Day scene could be broken down into several elements though.

Kylo Ken

Local Idiot
Welp that's that. Did it just not open today?
Screenshot_2016-06-22-11-20-28.png

MagicHappens1971

while I think this is nice of them... why are they doing this

if someone chooses to wait in a line for 3 hours, they can't expect freebies while waiting

I understand if the ride goes down however trying to control the crowds and all... maybe it went 101 again?
This is how I feel. I've seen people complaining about long lines. Long lines aren't Disneys fault. Just a massive amount of people want to ride. While it is very nice to give out free things while people wait, there is no reason for it.

180º

Not one bit. If I want Norwegian culture I'll go to Norway not Florida.
That is completely understandable. Traveling to the actual country is always a better way to experience culture. However, for years World Showcase has existed for the express purpose of giving a brief yet authentic taste of each part of the world it features, with the intent to educate its guests, and I'm not sure I see that so much as a failure to do justice to the nations' cultures so much as it is a noble and successful use of the Disney theme park venue to raise awareness of the rest of the world and its people.

I'm sure one Frozen ride gained and one Maelstrom lost won't kill this philosophy for good. I loved Maelstrom, but it was goofy. The film at the end wasn't even a very good advertisement for the nation compared to O Canada or Impressions de France, etc. What will kill World Showcase is if people stop believing that its original mission, to educate its guests on the different people and cultures around the world, is worthless.

BrerJon

First Sven, then Olaf, now Elsa breaking down... anyone riding it this week, enjoy it while you can. I will be amazed if all the effects are still working this time next year. It sounds like a ride made for the TM Disney tarps and strobes.

Hopefully for those guests visiting this week Imagineering will be on site to fix the teething troubles, so things won't be 101 for long, but once this goes over to the regular maintenance crew... oh boy. Ain't no ride those guys fix in a hurry.

Donaldfan1934

I will never, NEVER get over the loss of Maelstrom and I still firmly believe that the World Showcase is an absolutely awful location for this attraction (I would've wanted it in Hollywood Studios, not even Fantasyland)
While I agree with you that with you that Norway is a poor choice of location, I don't see how DHS is any better. You can any movie attraction can go into DHS because its a hodgepodge in its current state. Thankfully, the redo is seems robe setting things straight by focusing on movie based land that go hand in hand with the park's intended identity and/or have not place being anywhere else. In Frozen's case, the movie screamed MK and would've blended into Fantasyland seemlessly. Yes, World Showcase was a very poor choice of location, but DHS should only be resorted when something would have no place being anywhere else on property.

publicblast

What will kill World Showcase is if people stop believing that its original mission, to educate its guests on the different people and cultures around the world, is worthless.
Right. And don't forget that a lot of the CMs working the pavilions are natives from the various nations, which is cool even if you don't get a lot of opportunities to mingle. I know at least the Japanese CMs really brighten up if you speak some Japanese to them--most Japanese tourists go to California (or so they've told me), so they're happy to run into folks in Florida that speak their language.

I like to eat lunch at the casual restaurant in Japan (good curry rice!) and hopefully the spillover from Frozen won't make things too crazy over there.

MagicHappens1971

First Sven, then Olaf, now Elsa breaking down... anyone riding it this week, enjoy it while you can. I will be amazed if all the effects are still working this time next year. It sounds like a ride made for the TM Disney tarps and strobes.

Hopefully for those guests visiting this week Imagineering will be on site to fix the teething troubles, so things won't be 101 for long, but once this goes over to the regular maintenance crew... oh boy. Ain't no ride those guys fix in a hurry.
There is no way Disney won't maintain the AAs. There's literally no ride without them. They're also the same tech as mine train. I think they're still just working out the kinks.

t3techcom18

While the attraction is currently down, when it's operating I have a first hand report of dispatches in the 25-30 seconds confirming the 28 second report that @t3techcom18 reported.

That's very good news and once everything is working correctly we could be looking at 1500 guests per hour as opposed to 1000.

True, but it all depends on how many boats they're running. I'll ask around to see what the number is, if my peeps know.

Goofyernmost

Not discounting what they did.... makes you wonder what they could have come up with if they didn't have constraints of an existing building and ride system....
Honestly, I doubt they could have done much better. All Frozen needed was an exposure to the Characters, which it has, to accomplish everything that they, or even we, should have wanted it to be. It seems to have been designed to represent the movie not re-show it. I think that is a good plan, if you consider that one of the big complaints, other then the ceiling showing, at Mermaid is that favorite parts were left out of the story. It would have taken the entire park to go through every key scene and make the story flow. I was truly impressed with the video.

the-reason14

Ok just a few things here....The fastpass line is 90 minutes!!?? And this is during park opening? I haven't really experienced WDW enough under the "new" fastpass+ but I remember during the good ole days, if you get an early fastpass for a ride then you're pretty much guaranteed to walk right on. Yes a lot of rides fastpass lines can get really long, but that's normally if the ride has broken down. If this 90 minute fastpass is the norm, then I probably won't get to see this in decades.

Also when it comes to this fitting in WS, like many have said it doesn't. I think what will make it work is if they go ahead and respectfully add other rides to other worlds in WS. Mulan in china, rattoulie in Paris, give people a reason to really walk around WS, not just the front part.

PhotoDave219

While the attraction is currently down, when it's operating I have a first hand report of dispatches in the 25-30 seconds confirming the 28 second report that @t3techcom18 reported.

That's very good news and once everything is working correctly we could be looking at 1500 guests per hour as opposed to 1000.

Okay..... So we're looking at still a
Max of 18,000 people a day opposed to 12,000.

Still a low capacity attraction.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom