Frozen Ever After opening day

rhino4evr

So thoughts..
This really should have been a Fantasyland ride.
This is a huge improvement over the previous ride.
The AAs look great and animated.
No actual Story, but lots of music, which is what most people will want.
Decent ride length - 5 mins.
The kids will love it.
I think the use of screens after the Elsa scene was a little lazy.
Betting this will have super low capacity and lines for miles.

Overall though, I'm quite pleased with the attraction. Way more impressive than VOTLM

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Premium Member
We just got off. My daughter smiled from ear to ear. Setting aside location issues, WDI did a wonderful job overall.

Only issue is staff was being challenged with keeping the loading / unloading moving. Probably could've used a soft opening.
Winner, winner, chicken dinner.
Congrats on being one of the first to ride it.

tribbleorlfl

I'll get right on that professor. ;)

Are you trying to tell me that you didn't see Frozen everywhere?? Of course it over-saturated the market. If you cannot understand that then I have a little song for you to sing. It starts with... "The snow glows white on the mountain tonight, not a footprint to be seen..."
I'm not denying there was over-saturation of the IP following its surprise popularity. I have a 3 year old daughter, trust me I know.

I'm calling out your contention that this over-saturation has lead to the current state of the IP, and thereby the response to the new ride. It's just as likely, if not more likely, that it's the fact the movie is almost 3 years old.

friedriches

The best of a bad situation, I guess. A track not designed around a real narrative now supports a ride that has something of a narrative (based on queue photos, we're invited to visit Elsa's ice palace for the first time?), with top notch production values.

I am sad for EPCOT but at least relieved it's not Little Mermaid part 2... production-wise. A technical showcase.

Let the capacity metrics begin! That's going to be reeeeeally interesting.

Horizons1

Just turned on the news. I oddly didn't see any reports about how traffic going toward Disney is backed up on I4. I guess someone at the news doesn't like Frozen.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom