Frozen Ever After opening day

the-reason14

I find it a little funny and hypocritical for some to ask "who would wait 5 hours for it?" Most of us here won't, but maybe most of those people standing in line don't log onto a Disney message board every day to dissect and inject their opinion to every little move Disney makes. It's a simple solution of, "to each his own."

I think what would be nice to go along with this "new" ride is a fireworks show or a parade. Something to maybe and hopefully relieve the lines a little bit at night. I already know why WS doesn't have a parade anymore, that's not really my point. It would just be nice to be able to walk by late at night and see at most a 30 minute wait because people are getting ready to watch a parade or some new fireworks.

yensid67

I am not much for the Frozen 'movement' BUT...I have to say the animatronics looks awesome! If you never knew this was a rethemed ride, you would think it was all new! I can't wait until we go December 2017,hopefully the newness will have worn off by then, I will be riding this..it looks like a great addition. And that is coming from someone who is not into the Frozen hype!

This will attract the younger guests, since this is what Epcot is lacking! Why do you think they have incorporated meet n greets with characters into the countries!? To increase the younger guests footprint in a park that BORED them!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Really? Oh this is wonderful news- I can't wait!
Yep both lines go through this area.

DSC07609-1.jpg

FP stays to the far right, so both lines are technically in the same room. What you see there is the vast majority of the queue.

Brad Bishop

I'm actually really impressed with the ride. They did a great job with what they had.

That was my thought. It looks great. My second thought was: it would be awesome in Fantasyland.

Still, for what it is, it looks great. A lot of neat effects.

It did make me laugh when someone pointed out, I think it was on this board, that the Norway ride was pretty bizarre:
- Norse gods
- Vikings
- Polar Bears
- Puffins
- Trolls
- an offshore oil derrick
- a small seaside town.
- I think there was a cruise ship in the mural that was there.
Maelstrom had everything!

Rich T

I just saw this on YouTube and it waw beautiful. It was the best movie-based ride I've ever seen!
Looks fun, but...no. Radiator Springs Racers, Splash Mountain, Pooh's Hunny Hunt, Indiana Jones Adventure (remember, the Frozen ride is based on the film's world, not the film story itself), Star Tours, Shanghai's Pirates, Ratatouille, Disneyland's Alice in Wonderland dark ride and even Hyperspace Mountain are all better Disney movie-based rides. This beats the pants off Mermaid, though.

aladdin2007

I think Epcot is a much better park than it was just a few years ago now that Test Track, Soarin, and Maelstrom received much needed updates. Spaceship Earth back in 08 was a stellar upgrade as well (wish I could say the same about the Three Caballeros ride but that one wasn't my favorite haha). Hopefully Universe of Energy & Imagination Pavilion are next. I would be so happy to see the entire Imagination area get bulldozed and a new attraction go there.

I wouldn't consider a half baked job stellar, but at least frozen is looking to be the opposite and raising the bar in Disney dark rides, something long overdue. Between this and Soarin I agree Epcot has some fresh air moving again but its going to take more to get this park out of its drunktown category its become.

DisneyJayL

In the Parks
No
First, take a look at when I posted that and what was said. ("Typical EPCOT morning crowds" Nothing spectacular) THEN, look at what happened in the subsequent hours. You act like I just now posted that. o_O
All I was saying is it was premature. That's all. I wasn't beating you over the head with it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom