Frozen Ever After opening day

Alejandro

Thoughts

1) The AAs are very nice and I'm not ashamed to say they are probably some of the best at Disney. The Olaf figures in particular are awesome.

2) The story of the ride seems to be everywhere, originally i thought they were suppose to be celebrating some sort of festival but it just seems we are heading to the ice castle see Elsa. That's fine if that is the story.

3) The ride ITSELF is a very cute ride and at 5 minutes nothing I wouldn't mind riding if the wait was low enough....so 20-30 minutes tops.

4) The ride is in the wrong place and I'll always remember that when riding or seeing this but hey it doesn't honestly matter at this point.
The AA's are excellent, I had to zoom in a lot, actually thought the Elsa was digital, but wow, amazing movement.
The ride is OK, I like how they used the track, and the two added scenes are appropriate.
As a male (boy back then), I still like the idea of Vikings, Norse Gods and Trolls better, but times do change, and I agree the ride is in the wrong place.

Cmdr_Crimson

WDeF7IC.png
RIP Olaf
Five Nights in Frozen.....:eek:

flynnibus

Premium Member
Story doesn't matter, progression and flow does.

Very much agree - the point is to avoid the observer feels disjointed or confused. You can lead them on a journey without a specific purpose or plot. Sometimes just observation/discovery is good enough.. but even within those you will still have your elements of flow, and ideas of pace, climax, closure, etc.

I'm saving my comments till later.. but this ride is somewhere in the middle for that.

Disney Analyst

I think this ride is really well done. The queue is a far improvement over the old queue, that thing was an atrocity. The added length is great, the AA's are INSANE. That first Olaf AA?? The level of movement? AMAZING.
I don't mind the lack of story, it's very reminiscent of the classic dark rides.

kap91

Putting aside the arguments of whether it belongs in Epcot and the terrible choice of a such a low capacity ride system I think it's wonderful. It's easily one of the best small scale dark rides Disney has ever built - including even the new Peter Pan in Shanghai. The animatronics are amazing and there's a surprisingly high number of them. And it's just beautiful all around - with a very encouraging use of screens as supplements/backdrops and not the main attraction. They also did a great job of tooling the songs so they flow together and transition well (unlike mermaid). I loved maelstrom, but this is just as good.

It really is very well done and impressive - it's the other factors (location, capacity) that are the problematic issues. Would definitely be more at home alongside fantasyland dark rides.

Flynnwriter

Disney is not hyping this ride because it's underwealming. It's a D ticket ride when everyone wanted an E ticket. They should have extended the ride and delivered something amazing like pirates. I guess Japan will get the better version again.

gmajew

Maelstrom was a short ride to begin with. The fact that they were able to add some time to it to add in some scenes is a good thing. It looks like an upgrade, and the technology is great. My only complaint is the EPCOT tier system will make it impossible to do the park in one day without missing one of: Soarin, Test Track, Frozen.

No you can get it done in one day this is the fast pass and wit the new theater soarin is not a bad wait anymore. Not been more then 60 min all week here.

Nickels5

Disney is not hyping this ride because it's underwealming. It's a D ticket ride when everyone wanted an E ticket. They should have extended the ride and delivered something amazing like pirates. I guess Japan will get the better version again.
In what way is this ride not an e ticket? Amazing queue, great use of AA's and screens, everything about this ride is a success. If you want to argue location that's one thing, with me personally doesn't bother me, but I do understand why for some its a big issue.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom