Frozen Ever After opening day

cindy_k

Just turned on the news. I oddly didn't see any reports about how traffic going toward Disney is backed up on I4. I guess someone at the news doesn't like Frozen.
This is/was a MAJOR accident on I-4 in Lakeland. It closed the highway in both directions. My twitter feed had two things on this morning, I-4 is closed and Frozen is open.

wdwgreek

Guys. They actually did a really good job with this attraction. The audio anamatronics are amazing. The olaf aa is remarkable. The ride clocks in around edit 4ish minutes. True the stiry is weak elsa invites us inti her castle etc but the execution is very very well done. It. Was really really well done. The last show scene was stagnant though.

HRHPrincessAriel

When you think about that fact that getting Kids to like EPCOT / World Show Case is one of the challenges with the park. This ride kind of makes sense.
Today all us Disney fans are all ooooh, ahhhh new ride!
Next month, we will walk past it like we do Winnie the Pooh but the line will be long with all the parents with their little kids.
And I will have more room to move around the Japan store without tripping over them. :D
I got my kid to love Epcot without this ride. It shouldn't be a challenge if it's approached the right way.

I actually just told my kiddo there was a new Elsa ride. She watched for 20 seconds and flounced off.

Last edited:

Animaniac93-98

Lol hilarious to look at the beginning of this thread to see people discussing "Disney overestimated the appeal" "people have no clue this is opening." "The hype train is over for Disney"

Didn't even give it a chance.

I said most guests may not know. The site's admin said crowds at 8:20am were typical of most park openings. Disney did not decide on an opening date until faily late in the project and did not communicate it outside of a couple of social media outlets. If Epcot sees 30,000+ people a day and the lines are caused by 5,000 "have to be there first!" guests, is that not less than most?

Last edited:

MatthewWho13

Guys. They actually did a really good job with this attraction. The audio anamatronics are amazing. The olaf aa is remarkable. The ride clocks in around 2 minutes. True the stiry is weak elsa invites us inti her castle etc but the execution is very very well done. It. Was really really well done. The last show scene was stagnant though.

looks to be a little under 5 min

yeti

Just watched the whole video.

EPCOT Center really is dead and buried, isn't it?

You said it.

Honestly the ride is impressive. It's also very anodyne...say what you will about Maelstrom but at least it was edgy, had some dark parts that adults (and, yes, most kids) could enjoy together. Frozen is just Wonderbread, about as inoffensive as Teletubbies.

Still...for what it is..it's way better than I thought it would be. A lot of improvements over TLM, even in its shorter length.

yellowb

Maelstrom was a short ride to begin with. The fact that they were able to add some time to it to add in some scenes is a good thing. It looks like an upgrade, and the technology is great. My only complaint is the EPCOT tier system will make it impossible to do the park in one day without missing one of: Soarin, Test Track, Frozen.

ToTBellHop

They can't have a story because with Frozen 2, if you locked this in as Frozen 1, they would need to refurb it down the road.
It has a story...

I think part of the problem is that it's hard to hear some of the dialogue in the smart phone videos we've seen. Briefly, we visit Elsa's ice castle.

There's a popular ride elsewhere with a simple story--visit a mansion that happens to be haunted.

Brian Swan

this video is complete :)

I must say that I'm pretty impressed. The AAs are REALLY well done, and based on the video length, it comes in at 5 min. A little bit of a cop out with all screens during the backwards section, but I'm guessing it's more impressive when you're actually in the middle of it all. I have no idea of when "next time" will be for me, but looking forward to riding this whenever that happens to be.

GiveMeTheMusic

The ride is beautiful and the AAs are marvelous. Truly a shame that they felt the need to shoehorn it into an existing ride instead of creating what could have been a signature high-capacity experience. I think the team at WDI did the best possible with the directive they were shoved into.

Should make DLR/TDS's Frozen ride all the more incredible.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom