Frozen Ever After opening day

MerlinTheGoat

I've not seen Elsa working in person, only in early videos when the ride first opened, which is a shame because her movements seem to be quite fluid and impressive in these videos. It's a bit of praise i'd have been happy to doll out here, i'm a big fan of AA's in general and this one seems to be highly articulated and smooth when actually working.

But it's a shame it's already having rather consistent problems. I'm already very "eh" on the ride as a whole (improper location, short length and low capacity, and hit or miss scenes), but seeing such a new effect continually non-working is pretty depressing. It certainly should be a "close until fixed" issue (at the very least corrected immediately overnight), the ride already frequently breaks down for some lengthy periods to be able to inspect and do some work during the day hours...

Last edited:

disney4life2008

I finally got my chance to ride. I waited for 10 minutes in the fp line the regular line was 120 minutes. It is well done, stunning and everything i had hoped it would be. Originally i was mad about maelstrom but this ride is exceptional. Elsa looked to not be working right she seemed well frozen lol. My only critique is the lack of elka and anna, I would have liked to see more of them.

Would i wait more than 20 minutes for this attraction? Absolutely not. But it was nice.

aladdin2007

I finally got my chance to ride. I waited for 10 minutes in the fp line the regular line was 120 minutes. It is well done, stunning and everything i had hoped it would be. Originally i was mad about maelstrom but this ride is exceptional. Elsa looked to not be working right she seemed well frozen lol. My only critique is the lack of elka and anna, I would have liked to see more of them.

Would i wait more than 20 minutes for this attraction? Absolutely not. But it was nice.

agree, its nice,,,however way too sparse on the second level.

Magenta Panther

I've not seen Elsa working in person, only in early videos when the ride first opened, which is a shame because her movements seem to be quite fluid and impressive in these videos. It's a bit of praise i'd have been happy to doll out here, i'm a big fan of AA's in general and this one seems to be highly articulated and smooth when actually working.

But it's a shame it's already having rather consistent problems. I'm already very "eh" on the ride as a whole (improper location, short length and low capacity, and hit or miss scenes), but seeing such a new effect continually non-working is pretty depressing. It certainly should be a "close until fixed" issue (at the very least corrected immediately overnight), the ride already frequently breaks down for some lengthy periods to be able to inspect and do some work during the day hours...

I was so impressed and happily surprised by this when it opened, but it's obvious now that it was rushed and not enough thought was put into the endurance of the AAs. I'm not an expert on AAs like some of the folks here...is this kind of frequent breakdown acceptable or typical? I'm thinking of the Wicked Witch of the West AA in the Great Movie ride. Maybe I've been lucky, but I've ridden that attraction numerous times, and while I've seen some things not working, the Witch has always been completely and effectively functional. Why are so many things going wrong with FEA?

AEfx

I'm thinking of the Wicked Witch of the West AA in the Great Movie ride. Maybe I've been lucky, but I've ridden that attraction numerous times, and while I've seen some things not working, the Witch has always been completely and effectively functional. Why are so many things going wrong with FEA?

Someone like @marni1971 would be able to more definitively answer, but I believe the WW AA malfunctioning qualifies the ride for an immediate 101 shutdown. Some effects are prioritized as "show breaking" in that way.

I'd assume the AA in question with Frozen would qualify as one of those centerpieces under normal circumstances, but in this case given the demand I am wondering if they are eschewing best show practices.

It's highly disappointing because, as you say, particularly given what went into this attraction, it came out rather amazingly - so to already have what seem to be regular problems with what may perhaps be the most impressive part of the attraction is rather sad.

Magenta Panther

Someone like @marni1971 would be able to more definitively answer, but I believe the WW AA malfunctioning qualifies the ride for an immediate 101 shutdown. Some effects are prioritized as "show breaking" in that way.

I'd assume the AA in question with Frozen would qualify as one of those centerpieces under normal circumstances, but in this case given the demand I am wondering if they are eschewing best show practices.

It's highly disappointing because, as you say, particularly given what went into this attraction, it came out rather amazingly - so to already have what seem to be regular problems with what may perhaps be the most impressive part of the attraction is rather sad.

Thanks, that gives me some perspective on FEA's problems. I was wondering if I'm being too hard on it. Apparently not. :(

AEfx

Thanks, that gives me some perspective on FEA's problems. I was wondering if I'm being too hard on it. Apparently not. :(

I'm curious - when she is down, does the face projection still work? This is one of the perils I have worried about with those new fangled faces.

She really is impresssive. I remember in the first videos it was hard to tell if she was entirely a projection because the movement was so fluid. I hope they get this sorted away quickly - it's likely something that would have been figured out beforehand in testing had the attraction not had such an "excellerated" (for Disney) time frame.

At least we can take comfort in the knowledge that she is very unlikely affecting the structure in such a way she cannot be readily fixed and we don't have disco Elsa to look forward to LOL.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom