Frozen at Disney's Hollywood Studios for the summer?

JimboJones123

TSMM might end up being a different type of expansion. The existing attraction could go 100% stand by while the new track would get its own entrance firstly to SS1 and go 100% FP.

ToTBellHop

TSMM might end up being a different type of expansion. The existing attraction could go 100% stand by while the new track would get its own entrance firstly to SS1 and go 100% FP.
I have heard this but it just seems backwards to me. Shouldn't it be 2/3 capacity in the current building FP+, 1/3 capacity in the expansion for standby? I realize, of course, that this is all speculation (about something unprecedented).

doctornick

I have heard this but it just seems backwards to me. Shouldn't it be 2/3 capacity in the current building FP+, 1/3 capacity in the expansion for standby? I realize, of course, that this is all speculation (about something unprecedented).

Agreed. You could always send standby over to the FP+ (original) load to fill it if FP+ isn't fully utilizing it.

Bolt

Fireworks are difficult with Spectacle because on some nights, if it's windy, the street needs to be cleared out well in advance of fireworks. Spectacle runs one hour after park close so they would potentially run into guest dissatisfaction that way, too.

UofMGuy423

So if SS1 falls to a TSMM expansion, then why even have "studios" in the park's name. It will have no hope of ever being a working studio again and have little resemblance to what it was when it opened.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
So if SS1 falls to a TSMM expansion, then why even have "studios" in the park's name. It will have no hope of ever being a working studio again and have little resemblance to what it was when it opened.
Something like Disney's Hollywood Celebration would work better.

But there hasn't been any chance of it being a working studio for a decade or more, so I don't think removal of SS1 necessitates removing "Studios" if all the previous changes didn't.

mm52200

People have said that they do and people have said that they don't. It obviously depends on the ride CMs, but they absolutely should be putting standby riders on the FP+ side of POTC if FP+ is not filled. Any CM not doing that is simply not doing their job properly.
Every time I've gone on POTC the FP+ side is full of people, whether or not they're FP+ or standby. I've been sent over there as both FP+ and as a standby rider.

Back on topic, I really wish that they would have kept the Frozen fireworks. I know they're expensive to put on but yet they brought in so many more people to the park in the evening(or atleast it seemed like it) and it was nice to have an additional nighttime spectacular besides Fantasmic. Honestly I wish they could have found some way to keep the processional too. I know the floats are in the Christmas parade but it was just nice having some kind of parade back at DHS. The park really needs it.

Marc Gil

image.jpg
image.jpg

Well.... Ending tomorrow.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom