Frozen at Disney's Hollywood Studios for the summer?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Not sure if this has been noted, but the former AFI spot is to be opened by the end of the month as the new Oakie Dokie Trading Company, or whatever the Frozen thing is called with the build a snowman, snacks, and merch. No ice rink moving forward. This opens up the studio for the TSM expansion, which is to start immediately come October 1st.

Ah, so that's what the AFI permit filed the other day was for.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Not sure if this has been noted, but the former AFI spot is to be opened by the end of the month as the new Oakie Dokie Trading Company, or whatever the Frozen thing is called with the build a snowman, snacks, and merch. No ice rink moving forward. This opens up the studio for the TSM expansion, which is to start immediately come October 1st.
If true, I like the speed at which things are happening. No empty building syndrome.

FigmentsFangirl

Wait; they're adding onto toystory ride ? Does not compute here! That ride, I'm going to be honest here, is rather overrated to me. Personally I'd much rather want Wandering Oakens to become perm even with the ice rink! Heck EXPAND the ice rink is my thought.

And maybe build Arendelle somewhere over Backlot tour ? At the rate things are going they're phasing it out, albiet extremely slowly.

FigmentsFangirl

Someone in this thread had mentioned the ice rink is under a lease contract to Disney for a specific length of time and will be moving off to its next job (non-Disney). There's nothing they can do to stop it from leaving unless they can get a new ice rink.
This is correct; what I heard spoken was the ice rink and the build a snowman company were outside contracters that had another event to work for come 1 October. The cast member in question mentioned it was possible that they'd make a return six or seven weeks later around New Years. Was never able to confirm that though

aladdin2007

Wait; they're adding onto toystory ride ? Does not compute here! That ride, I'm going to be honest here, is rather overrated to me. Personally I'd much rather want Wandering Oakens to become perm even with the ice rink! Heck EXPAND the ice rink is my thought.

And maybe build Arendelle somewhere over Backlot tour ? At the rate things are going they're phasing it out, albiet extremely slowly.

Its unbelievable to me that a space for what could be a brand new attraction is going for expansion of a current one instead,,wow. yet we could have had monsters inc coaster here etc, but no.

JimboJones123

If true, I like the speed at which things are happening. No empty building syndrome.
Frozen Summer literally came together and opened in 9 days.

Casting, rehearsals, sets.... all in 9 days. There are some talented folks in this company that can really get things done given the chance.

And great talented personalities to put these shows on for the crowds too.

Nice to see them utilized.

PhotoDave219

Original Poster

Casting, rehearsals, sets.... all in 9 days. There are some talented folks in this company that can really get things done given the chance.

Well, When Tom Skaggs says "You're going to to this..." then you do it.

roj2323

With the way this event turned out they should give people unrealistic deadlines more often.

RSoxNo1

Well, When Tom Skaggs says "You're going to to this..." then you do it.
After all... Tom Skaggs is the boss (/boz).

Boz_Scaggs_600x425_4x3_300x225.jpg

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Just talked to a CM friend and he told me that he was just recently informed that this Frozen stuff is going to be running until the new year.

Has this been "officially" confirmed yet? we're going next month and may have to re-arrange dining & FP+ to see this.

Next Big Thing

Wait, so after you get off the Backlot Tour, you're going to exit into Wandering Oaken's? How does that make any sense?

YodaMan

Wait, so after you get off the Backlot Tour, you're going to exit into Wandering Oaken's? How does that make any sense?

I'm assuming you won't and they'll keep things the way the currently are; you exit to the right down the pathway. You'll just pass by Wandering Oaken's and the Monster's Inc Meet & Greet on the way out.

FigmentsFangirl

So Wandering Oakens will remain but be moved over to the old AFI building ? Correct if I am wrong please but isn't that just a bit too out of the way ? Where it is now is perfect, sad they cannot make that a perm location. the ice rink and stuff could be an annual thing or something. {maybe moved elsewhere at the park ?}

danlb_2000

Premium Member
So Wandering Oakens will remain but be moved over to the old AFI building ? Correct if I am wrong please but isn't that just a bit too out of the way ? Where it is now is perfect, sad they cannot make that a perm location. the ice rink and stuff could be an annual thing or something. {maybe moved elsewhere at the park ?}

If the rumor of a third track for Toy Story is true, this might be why it's moving.

Ignohippo

Its unbelievable to me that a space for what could be a brand new attraction is going for expansion of a current one instead,,wow. yet we could have had monsters inc coaster here etc, but no.

I was thinking the exact same thing.

Ya'know what would help alleviate long lines at TSMM? A new freaking ride!!!

Just adding a third track to TSMM is lazy beyond words.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom