Frozen at Disney's Hollywood Studios for the summer?

Kristamouse

Thank You, I still cant place that Buliding and know we haven't been inside there. Not at least I have an idea of where it is located. Since this is a fast paced development I have to agree the screens will be the show...

Next Big Thing

Thank You, I still cant place that Buliding and know we haven't been inside there. Not at least I have an idea of where it is located. Since this is a fast paced development I have to agree the screens will be the show...
They could very easily do what they did with the Harambe Nights Lion King show and use the screens and make it more of a concert experience. Wouldn't need much of a set and it would be very low budget.

I actually think that's probably the most likely thing to happen looking at the space again.

Also, if you look at the side of the theater in the first picture, you'll notice the San Francisco facade, so it's very close to the Streets of America as well.

TeriofTerror

Truthfully, I can't believe they weren't here sooner. As far as I can tell, Disney's usual SOP (notice I said "usual" not "unvaried", so there's no need to point out the few exceptions) is to introduce new characters (at least for M&Gs) at DHS, and once they prove they have legs, they get moved to MK. But TDO decided it would be cute to put them in Norway, and chaos ensued. They then moved them to MK, thereby giving birth to the Frozen 5K at rope drop. So by deviating from their standard procedure, they've managed to create huge crowds at their two busiest parks, while DHS sits in the back of the classroom, alone and ignored. Apparently someone somewhere must have decided that may not be the best strategy...

DisneyDreamer08

They could very easily do what they did with the Harambe Nights Lion King show and use the screens and make it more of a concert experience. Wouldn't need much of a set and it would be very low budget.

I actually think that's probably the most likely thing to happen looking at the space again.

Also, if you look at the side of the theater in the first picture, you'll notice the San Francisco facade, so it's very close to the Streets of America as well.

Thats what I was thinking as well. More of a sing a long than a theater production telling the story. Easier & cheaper and let's be honest, the target audience would LOVE that.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
If you ever saw Hunchback in 96-2002 or Pochontas in 95-6 (or even BatB for a while in 1993) it was here, minus the roof (mostly) and walls.

doctornick

I like the idea of actually using the Premiere Theater for something and having a Frozen show there makes a lot of sense.

Don't really get the idea of later moving it to AIE -- why not use the BatB theater (finally replacing that show) if you want a larger space?

drew81

My guess would be is they will do some type of sing-a-long type show. Putting a full scale show together in a short amount of time could be done, but would require many things happening at a very fast pace.

Marc Gil

Still iffy about the fireworks, but a stage show would be a nice addition at DHS, especially if done on Aladdin DCA scale, but this is a limited engagement, right? So that's probably a no.

Kevin_W

If you ever saw Hunchback in 96-2002 or Pochontas in 95-6 (or even BatB for a while in 1993) it was here, minus the roof (mostly) and walls.

Thanks, marni. I've read this was the location that Hunchback used to be and I know I saw that show back in the day. But my memory of Hunchback was without a roof. I'm glad to hear I'm not going crazy. (on this subject, at least...)

Brian Foisy

Here's a fun rumor....

Apparently there talk of a Frozen stage show at DHS in the premiere theatre.

There's also a m&g proposed and frozen themed fireworks at the end of the night.

This would be starting very soon, if true.

Thoughts?
I think Disney has to stop blasting Frozen in our faces for a while. It was a good movie but why make everything about Frozen.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom