Frozen at Disney's Hollywood Studios for the summer?

MarkTwain

Sounds like a bunch of smart ideas all around. A meet & greet is obviously a great decision; hopefully it'd take some pressure away from Fairytale Hall in MK. A stageshow for Premiere Theater would be great as it would mean one less shuttered venue in DHS, and it means unlike a ride, it could be easily switched out in case the whole Frozen phenomenon turns out to be a fad (which I don't think can be ruled out yet). The fireworks are an odd choice but it's still something not offered at the moment, so an addition by my book.

I'd be enthusiastic, especially if it means Maelstrom gets to stay the way it is.

Cesar R M

Those Star Wars restrooms are coming sooner than we thought... I picture the immersive sign as I type this: "Han Shat First"
vGY6b4C.gif

a++ post!
A winner of the week!

erstwo

I said ages ago that I thought Frozen's first presence in the parks (besides a M&G) would be a stage show at DHS. Not because I'm an insider but because it just makes sense. People are bonkers for the soundtrack. Why not capitalize on that?
I did think they'd wait for the Broadway show to be developed first, and use some of that the way they did with Beauty and the Beast, but then I wasn't aware there was a previous BatB stage show that coincided with the release of BatB. Guess they've decided to go that route (using movie music & scenes) again. Should be great. Maybe we'll get an Olaf costume out of this????

erstwo

Also - saying Frozen is a fad is like saying Little Mermaid or Beauty and the Beast are a fad.

There will be an entire generation of little girls who will grow up remembering how badly they wanted a shimmery Elsa dress and singing 'Let It Go' at the top of their lungs over and over and over. Just like there is an entire generation of us who remembering wishing we had perfectly swishy red hair and the ability to wear clamshells and singing 'Part of Your World' over and over until our CDs were scratched or broken. Frozen is now one of those magical childhood memories for millions of kids.

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
Sounds like a bunch of smart ideas all around. A meet & greet is obviously a great decision; hopefully it'd take some pressure away from Fairytale Hall in MK. A stageshow for Premiere Theater would be great as it would mean one less shuttered venue in DHS, and it means unlike a ride, it could be easily switched out in case the whole Frozen phenomenon turns out to be a fad (which I don't think can be ruled out yet). The fireworks are an odd choice but it's still something not offered at the moment, so an addition by my book.

I'd be enthusiastic, especially if it means Maelstrom gets to stay the way it is.

Fireworks holds a crowd until close.....

Ignohippo

I haven't heard anything about this and the folks I've checked with know nothing about it.

The Premiere Theater is tiny as well. It would seem to me that it would make more people upset *who couldn't get in to see it) than it would be worth,

The stage is also pretty small for any kind of elaborate production.

I've never been inside AIE. Does anyone know the capacity of the two theaters? If the AIE theater is larger, it would seem like it'd be better to just buyout the contract for the last six months and get Frozen into a more permanent home in that theater.

My friends have said AIE would be used for Jedi Training, but I would think Frozen would be a much better use (if the theater is bigger than the Premier). There's absolutely no reason they HAVE to move Jedi Training.

Next Big Thing

I think it has nothing to do with Potter at all. There isnt much of a reason to stay at DHS at night, right?
Well, they may be using the timing to their advantage as a bunch of extra tourists will be down to see Diagon around that time. Would be a good time to grab some of that money they are planning on spending in Diagon and instead get them to spend it on Frozen merch...

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
I haven't heard anything about this and the folks I've checked with know nothing about it.

The Premiere Theater is tiny as well. It would seem to me that it would make more people upset *who couldn't get in to see it) than it would be worth,

The stage is also pretty small for any kind of elaborate production.

I've never been inside AIE. Does anyone know the capacity of the two theaters? If the AIE theater is larger, it would seem like it'd be better to just buyout the contract for the last six months and get Frozen into a more permanent home in that theater.

My friends have said AIE would be used for Jedi Training, but I would think Frozen would be a much better use (if the theater is bigger than the Premier). There's absolutely no reason they HAVE to move Jedi Training.

Without going into detail of how i know this, I have several independent sources that confirm this.

This is the information I have. Believe me or don't. But everyone who knows me and knows my rep knows I wouldnt post this unless I was 100% solid on this.

Cesar R M

Without going into detail of how i know this, I have several independent sources that confirm this.

This is the information I have. Believe me or don't. But everyone who knows me and knows my rep knows I wouldnt post this unless I was 100% solid on this.
you know, if everyone is mentioning how small this theatre is.. makes me wonder WHAT KIND OF CHEAP show they might put as frozen..
just anna and elsa dancing and singing let it go for 2 hours? D:

wogwog

you know, if everyone is mentioning how small this theatre is.. makes me wonder WHAT KIND OF CHEAP show they might put as frozen..
just anna and elsa dancing and singing let it go for 2 hours? D:
Even that will fill the theater. You are talking about people who are waiting multiple hours now at MK. They would see anything of any quality. Maybe they can make it as cheesy as the Belle "Show" with the kids walking around holding up things on a stick.

Last edited:

champdisney

Here's a fun rumor....

Apparently there talk of a Frozen stage show at DHS in the premiere theatre.

There's also a m&g proposed and frozen themed fireworks at the end of the night.

This would be starting very soon, if true.

Thoughts?
If they do this, DHS attendance figures will go up tremendously. A very smart move by TDO, I suppose.

Jakester

Here's a fun rumor....

Apparently there talk of a Frozen stage show at DHS in the premiere theatre.

There's also a m&g proposed and frozen themed fireworks at the end of the night.

This would be starting very soon, if true.

Thoughts?
I still think a dedicated "Frozen Mini-land" would do wonders for Disney.
Frozen Fireworks? I'm 50/50, as long as it has amazing pyro.

The thought that intrigues me is why they would put together a show and fireworks to run for only two or three months? Unless the suits at TDO are so badly out of touch they think the interest in Frozen will diminish by fall.

I like this idea, hope they pay proper attention to quality in a 'rushed' effort and don't try to do this 'on the cheap' too much, but DHS needs a permanent Frozen presence.

Ive read somewhere Isner is expecting the Frozen buzz to last 5 years

danv3

just throwing this out there.... take it as you will

Are there other auditions posted for other roles? (Olaf, Kristoff, etc.?) Seems like the show would be pretty limited plot-wise if only Anna and Elsa sing. OTOH, when you're throwing something together in June to begin in July, I guess limited is a given. Maybe it's more like a concert-type performance than a staging of the story. That would eliminate the need for (most) sets and speed up the process.

Kristamouse

Pretty excited to hear this, hope the make it snow! If Ariel and Playhoise Disney can get bubbles and it already snows on Main Street surely Olaf can have his flury.
I am blanking on where this theater is...out of all the Parks DHS still can turn me around even after 10 visits.

Next Big Thing

Pretty excited to hear this, hope the make it snow! If Ariel and Playhoise Disney can get bubbles and it already snows on Main Street surely Olaf can have his flury.
I am blanking on where this theater is...out of all the Parks DHS still can turn me around even after 10 visits.
It's near the exit of MuppetVision. There's a theatre in the back section of the park there that rarely gets used for much more than seasonal events.

Here's what it looks like:

IMG_2931.JPG

And the interior:

02162012WDWHomeshoolDays1.jpg

I worry that those screens will be an integral part of this show...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom