Frozen Additions Coming to the Disneyland Resort

TP2000

Original Poster
I wonder why they couldn't keep World of Color Winter Dreams with removing the christmas references for Frozen Fun?

Because World of Color is closed for refurbishment. It closed January 7th and will reopen March 13th. The lagoon is being drained and they are upgrading and installing all new equipment and infrastructure for the show.

Miceage Updates and @GiveMeTheMusic have been repeatedly saying for months that an all-new World of Color show will debut this spring for the 60th Anniversary.

TP2000

Original Poster
Sorry in advance if this has been asked but, will MuppetVision be returning by May? My wife and I will be in Disneyland from May 15-25th and while, a new Frozen show sounds like fun, I sure hope Muppets will be back in time for us. Thanks for any input!

Judging by all the work (and money) they spent on this, I would bet two churros that MuppetVision likely won't return to DCA at all, and certainly not by May.

Past the Frozen Fun icon that replaced the Christmas tree on Buena Vista Street...
DSC_0479-M.jpg

And through the Frozen Fun archway into the Studios Backlot area...
DSC_0940-M.jpg

You'll come upon the old MuppetVision marquee, now the Crown Jewel Theatre!
DSC_1453-M.jpg

The old MuppetVision queue, now remade as an Arendelle theater with Arendelle artwork
DSC_1250-M.jpg

The old MuppetVision pre-show...
IMG_0535-610x381.jpg

Is now an Arendelle theater lobby...
DSC_1259-M.jpg

The old MuppetVision auditorium, now the Crown Jewel Theatre. That's Waldorf & Statler's old box up there, covered by a new Arendelle themed proscenium.
DSC_1318-M.jpg
DSC_1409-M.jpg

Yeah, I don't think MuppetVision is coming back. ;)

Last edited:

TP2000

Original Poster
Interestingly, at that other little theme park next door, they also just debuted a new Frozen stage show. This one is in Princess Fantasy Faire in Fantasyland in the theater there, on a different scope and scale than the Sing-Along show in DCA. But this new Frozen show also seems to be incredibly popular.

IMG_0603-L.jpg

Yes girls, we are talking about you!
IMG_0640-M.jpg

Mike K

Judging by all the work (and money) they spent on this, I would bet two churros that MuppetVision likely won't return to DCA at all, and certainly not by May.

The old MuppetVision marquee, now the Crown Jewel Theatre

The old MuppetVision queue, now remade as an Arendelle theater with Arendelle artwork

The old MuppetVision auditorium, now the Crown Jewel Theatre. That's Waldorf & Statler's old box up there, covered by a new Arendelle themed proscenium.

I gotta say, these changes do look quite nice. Thanks for sharing these! Like I said, if this remains (which certainly seems likely), this definitely looks like a fun new experience to check out.

TP2000

Original Poster
I gotta say, these changes do look quite nice. Thanks for sharing these! Like I said, if this remains (which certainly seems likely), this definitely looks like a fun new experience to check out.

They did a nice job and really remade it, erasing any trace of the Muppets throughout.

Next door is Olaf's Snow Fest, which is the indoor snow playground area. This is reported to only last until May, but it's also nicely done inside.

DSC_0947-M.jpg

Inside is a Norwegian village with a gift shop and snack bar serving Arendelle treats, plus a bandstand with a Norwegian folk group performing. You get a pager and go play in the snow, build a snowman, try out the indoor toboggan runs, and watch it snow from the ceiling. When your pager goes off you get to go to the meet n' greet area and meet Olaf himself.

DSC_1008-M.jpg

Apres Snow Snack Bar (the CM's are uniformed in hilarious ski sweaters and knit caps!)
DSC_1049-M.jpg

The Snowman Of The Hour holds court behind the snowfield and frozen fountain.
DSC_1153-M.jpg

It's done up rather nicely in there, with lots of games and activities and music and stuff happening.

Last edited:

Magenta Panther

They did a nice job and really remade it, erasing any trace of the Muppets throughout.

Next door is Olaf's Snow Fest, which is the indoor snow playground area. This is reported to only last until May, but it's also nicely done inside.

DSC_0947-M.jpg

Inside is a Norwegian village with a gift shop and snack bar serving Arendelle treats, plus a bandstand with a Norwegian folk group performing. You get a pager and go play in the snow, build a snowman, try out the indoor toboggan runs, and watch it snow from the ceiling. When your pager goes off you get to go to the meet n' greet area and meet Olaf himself.

DSC_1008-M.jpg

It's done up rather nicely in there, with lots of games and activities and music and stuff happening.

That looks awesome! I'm making tentative plans to visit Disneyland during the 60th celebration...so I guess I won't get to see the Snowfest. Bummer. :p

Magenta Panther

The old MuppetVision marquee, now the Crown Jewel Theatre
DSC_1453-M.jpg

DSC_1250-M.jpg

IMG_0535-610x381.jpg

DSC_1259-M.jpg

DSC_1318-M.jpg
DSC_1409-M.jpg

The inside of the new theater looks beautiful...but outside...that marquee...am I the only one who thinks it looks rushed and a bit tacky? Looks like somebody spray-painted over everything. Maybe TDA should have gone with a whole new sign...

TP2000

Original Poster
The inside of the new theater looks beautiful...but outside...that marquee...am I the only one who thinks it looks rushed and a bit tacky? Looks like somebody spray-painted over everything. Maybe TDA should have gone with a whole new sign...

They painted over the existing marquee, and then put a dormer window cap on top of it. Kinda odd.

Here's the marquee before November (with the typical MuppetVision crowds, or complete lack thereof)...
2-Muppet-Vision-3D.jpg

And the marquee as it looks now (with suddenly a gazillion people in this formerly abandoned corner of the park)...
DSC_1465-XL.jpg

Kman101

Just judging from pictures alone, they did a much better job than DHS did. However I have to say, even though they're very similar, I prefer the sing-along at DHS over DCA. Just the show portions. But the interior of the theater, the projections, etc. are much better at DCA and I like the look of inside the theater.

The snowground was done so much better at DCA it looks like. I like that you can meet Olaf and at night can meet Marshmallow.

Some of it still seems rushed and cheap but it's a much better job overall.

What are people thinking of Freeze the Night? I haven't seen it in person, clearly, but personally, meh. If I were there I don't know that I'd go out of my way. I would have for Mad T Party.

Sage of Time

Because World of Color is closed for refurbishment. It closed January 7th and will reopen March 13th. The lagoon is being drained and they are upgrading and installing all new equipment and infrastructure for the show.

Miceage Updates and @GiveMeTheMusic have been repeatedly saying for months that an all-new World of Color show will debut this spring for the 60th Anniversary.
I wonder if March 13th will see the debut of the new show.... or just the return of the old one, while they work on new programming at night. I would assume that if they install new tech, the refurb itself will cover that.

GiveMeTheMusic

I wonder if March 13th will see the debut of the new show.... or just the return of the old one, while they work on new programming at night. I would assume that if they install new tech, the refurb itself will cover that.

The new show won't premiere until the Diamond Celebration begins in May. The original WOC show will be playing when the refurb ends.

LWB

What are the chances that Olaf will continue to meet past May?

Also - I wanted to say that the Frozen Sing-Along set-up looks amazing in pictures compared to what we have at WDW! There is a small sign outside the theatre at Hollywood Studios and you walk straight into the seating area. No pretty sign outside. No lobby. No decorations or extra theming done. Not near as impressive as these pictures look from California!

George Lucas on a Bench

Freeze the Night sucks hard. It's REALLY bad.

This is all I've experienced so far. I didn't like it, I didn't like the drinks. The Rum Flurry is like an alcoholic Powerade and not strong enough. I miss the Long Islands. That said, I didn't really like Mad T Party, either. The Frozen version is just bizarre. We walked in and the DJ was playing Michael Jackson while some chick carved ice and children were doing...something in the section that was formerly a stage where scantily clad girls walked around. It still seemed to be popular with its target audience: kids.

TP2000

Original Poster
Also - I wanted to say that the Frozen Sing-Along set-up looks amazing in pictures compared to what we have at WDW! There is a small sign outside the theatre at Hollywood Studios and you walk straight into the seating area. No pretty sign outside. No lobby. No decorations or extra theming done. Not near as impressive as these pictures look from California!

What you've just noticed is the overall level of showmanship that can often be very different in the Anaheim parks compared to the Orlando parks. Often times it's hard to pick up on in photos, or it's just an overall vibe or atmosphere that has straightened out the little details you only notice in person. But then there are also times when it's clearly obvious just by looking at a handful of amateur photos on a fan blog.

The Olaf Snow Fest meet-n-greet area is another example of this. They obviously spent a fortune on fully fleshed out sets and concepts for the Anaheim version, while the WDW version looks like it was done after a few trips to Home Depot and Party City.

Figments Friend

Agree.
I am not a *Frozen* fan by any measure, but seeing how nicely done these temporary areas are for these recent additions has me looking forward to actually checking them out in April.

Really liking the atmospheric set up done inside the sound stage for *Olaf*s Snow Fest*.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom