Frozen Additions Coming to the Disneyland Resort

TP2000

Original Poster
Miceage has yet another update this morning on the rumor they broke a few months ago; Frozen is invading Anaheim! http://micechat.com/88753-disneyland-star-wars/

I thought we should create its own thread, as Miceage says that Anaheim management will be let in on the secret everyone already knows in a special Magic Kingdom Ballroom presentation on Thursday morning, ahead of a formal media announcement on Friday.

Here's how the rumors break down thus far on what's coming...

Disneyland - StorybookLand Canal Boats Additoin

A Frozen set is being installed in the canals. Strong rumors are that it will replace the existing Three Mills scene near Gepetto's alpine village.
storybooklandcanalboats-1024x768.jpg

Disney California Adventure - Hollywood Land Backlot

MuppetVision Closed - Replaced with "First Time in Forever" stage show.

MuppetVision is said to have gotten a thorough reworking inside and has been turned into the "Crown Jewel Theater".

Stage 17 - Olaf's Snow Fest

An interactive snow playground, and Miceage says we'll get pagers before we play in the snow to tell us when it's time to go meet Olaf.

Disney Animation - Princessland

Elsa and Anna move in here, in reworked lobby exhibits that replace the existing Fantasyland meet n' greet. This should be a complete zoo.

Mad T Party Closed - Replaced with Freeze The Night.

A new Frozen/Scandinavian themed nightly dance and cocktail party. If they do this correctly, it could be really fun as a winter carnival type thing.

Now let's see what gets announced on Friday to the media...

TP2000

Original Poster
Just a personal note, if Frozen is coming to Storybook Land, I would have thought they'd place Arendelle or an ice castle on the patchwork quilt area instead of replacing the Three Mills.

florida_and_pomona_07_317__small__648.jpg

Lots more room to work with in the Patchwork Quilt area, in my opinion.

TP2000

Original Poster
In traditional MA form.....throw enough mud at the wall, something's bound to stick.

Well, they threw four specific balls of mud at the wall; MuppetVision/Stage Show, Stage 17 Olaf snow playground, Disney Animation meet n' greet, Frozen dance/cocktail party.

And apparently the DLR management gets the official word on Thursday morning, ahead of a public announcement on Friday. Let's check back on Friday and see what appears.

Kman101

I liked the story-tellers aspect of the Frozen sing along (and the use of the actors) but I'd hope to see it improved on (greatly). I like the Tangled show Disneyland puts on (having only seen videos of it).

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Was just on Facebook and people are freaking out that Disney is removing the Tea Cup ride. Apparently they can't read or don't know what the Mad T-Party is.

TP2000

Original Poster

Animaniac93-98

The madness is beginning.

The only things I'm interested in/curious about are Arendelle in Storybook (they could put in Arendelle but not Rapunzel's tower?), Fantasy Faire additions and the night dance.

They added Rapunzel's tower to the DLP version. Odd it never found its way to California:

8276153029_4ddfbc71f6_z.jpg

TP2000

Original Poster
The only things I'm interested in/curious about are Arendelle in Storybook (they could put in Arendelle but not Rapunzel's tower?), Fantasy Faire additions and the night dance.

The Storybook Land addition does sound neat. And with its location on the canal opposite Gepetto's Village with the Italian Alps behind it, the final scenes of the boat ride will be surrounded by icy mountains.

Gepetto's Village with Italian Alps behind it, and the Swiss Alps even further behind!
DSC_6266.jpg

I can't wait to hear how the hostesses driving the boats present the Arendelle information in their "spiels".

Californian Elitist

The Storybook Land addition does sound neat. And with its location on the canal opposite Gepetto's Village with the Italian Alps behind it, the final scenes of the boat ride will be surrounded by icy mountains.

Gepetto's Village with Italian Alps behind it, and the Swiss Alps even further behind!
DSC_6266.jpg

I can't wait to hear how the hostesses driving the boats present the Arendelle information in their "spiels".

Yes, it does seem to naturally fit.

tumblr_mvuwneniaB1sj5h4oo1_500.jpg

Still, I don't want to see the mills go.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom