Frontierland Shooting Arcade completely removed?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Think of less like that and more "Who's carrying cash or change these days?"

Especially at WDW, where you could go your whole trip just using your key card to handle any transaction.

Just sayin'.

This.

I know that a majority of the change I receive gets dumped in the room at night, to get in the Disney jar when I get home. And even so, that change is minimal since most stuff gets put on my KTTW card.
I do recognize that no one carries cash when at WDW, or pretty much everywhere else for that matter. I am as guilty of this as anyone. However, so many people preach nostalgia as though it was religious doctrine and there is something incredibly nostalgic about sliding a quarter into a game. It is certainly no harder than swiping a card, or crap that was the wrong way, let me swipe it again, still did not work, I'll flip it and try again, what the heck do you mean I am .1 credit short!:brick:

:D

mightynine

It is certainly no harder than swiping a card, or crap that was the wrong way, let me swipe it again, still did not work, I'll flip it and try again, what the heck do you mean I am .1 credit short!:brick:

Sweet! A new Konami X-Men arcade game! I can't wait to be Cyclops....you can be Dazzler, kid I don't like. Just let me put my quarter in...

*CLUNK*

Darnit, didn't take - went right into the coin return. No problem, let's try again!

*CLUNK*

Stupid thing won't take my quarter...well, maybe third time's the charm...

...well...

It's still saying insert coin, but the quarter didn't come out. I'll just press the coin return...nothing's happening....damn thing just ate my quarter!

:p Using a quarter didn't work every time either. That said, I do miss arcades.

I agree, not everyone has cash these days. I try to carry some always, but I realize that I am not the majority. Also, I agree with the people who say that there is something nice about putting a quarter into the slots there, esp with a nice vintage attraction like the shooting arcade! Best solution, imo, is have a change machine that accepts paper bills, KTTW cards, or credit cards, and dispenses quarters! :)

prberk

I'm not completely distraught about this. Though some consider the Shootin' Arcade a classic, it is very dated.

I thought with the refurb, they might add some enchancements, but also add in the elements that are part of Sorcerers of the MK. So I expected the Arcade to stay as it is, just with the new elements of the interactive game and such.

Yes, it was completely dated... But it was in FRONTIERLAND!! I think that was the point.

It fit the theme perfectly, and still should, even if enhanced for the wireless stuff. But as for interactivity, it already was interactive. And not really that much different than Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin...

Paul

PalisadesPkteer

I do recognize that no one carries cash when at WDW, or pretty much everywhere else for that matter. I am as guilty of this as anyone. However, so many people preach nostalgia as though it was religious doctrine and there is something incredibly nostalgic about sliding a quarter into a game. It is certainly no harder than swiping a card, or crap that was the wrong way, let me swipe it again, still did not work, I'll flip it and try again, what the heck do you mean I am .1 credit short!:brick:

Sorry Master Yoda. But I do carry cash with me every day of the trip. Keeps me within budget etc. Realize I'm in the minority though.

CRxmas71

Loved the old Fiesta Fun Center at CR. I spent many hours there honing my shooting gallery skills. The Frontierland shooting arcade visits always bring back those fond memories. I believe the targeting systems were very similar. On my most recent visits, my son and many of the bystanders were impressed with my skill level. It is disappointing to hear that will be changed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom