Frontierland Shooting Arcade completely removed?

boufa

Original Poster
I saw an update on another site that the Shooting Arcade had been completely demolished behind the scrim, and was being rebuilt from ground up.

I was a little shocked by this, not in anger or sadness over some mistake by Disney, but that this detail seems to be reasonably major and has gone unnoticed by those on this forum.

So what is the plan, most rehabs don't tear down and replace entire buildings. Is this a sign that it is definitely a part of the unannounced interactive adventure in the MK?

Since the Arcade is due to re-open on October 1st, do we think that they might be close to finishing the game and getting it going? :shrug:

raven

This area possibly may be used as a briefing station for the new RFID game: Sourcerers of The Magic Kingdom.

Pioneer Hall

This area possibly may be used as a briefing station for the new RFID game: Sourcerers of The Magic Kingdom.

Does that mean that there would be two stations since we have heard that the Fire Station is getting one? I imagine a bit of backlash if this is indeed true.

Scuttle

Does that mean the guns and targets will be gone entirely and no more shooting or could they tie both together somehow? This is very interesting news and I am also shocked it went unnoticed on wdwmagic.

Spike-in-Berlin

Does that mean the guns and targets will be gone entirely and no more shooting or could they tie both together somehow? This is very interesting news and I am also shocked it went unnoticed on wdwmagic.

Considering the fact that any new flowerpot on Caribbean Plaza, any new restroom-sign in Tomorrowland or new lamp on Main Street normally spins-off it's own discussion thread that's actually quite true.

awilliams4

We LOVE the Shooting Arcade. I hope they are not getting rid of it. Seems there is plenty of room elsewhere for a station for the new interactive stuff.

Club34

I'll say its shocking that if the gallery is going away it was just glazed over. especially since its a favorite of mine. its one of the last bits of nostalgia for me ever since the contemporary arcade was dismantled. anyone remember the massive arcade there and the shooting gallery. i used to spend hours there, probably drove my parents nuts..."we spend all this money comin here and you just want to play in the arcade?!"

probably should have figured the FL shooting gallery would go the way of the dinosaur as i rarely saw people playing it. but dang, we should propose to disney a fan based historical landmark designation of certain world attractions and such that would be deemed untouchable even in the face of declining profits (i know im in dreamland but let me go). there could be a little plaque in front of these attractions that has the mouse ear logo and in block letters says "untouchable". Of course most of us would say 99.9% of the world is untouchable thereby making expansion the only outlet for new or improved attractions. but screw it, its my world and they just own it.

pixargal

Oh Raven, say it isn't so. My son always heads straight for the shooting arcade when we are in Frontierland. This is one of the little treasures that make Magic Kingdom special.

Spike-in-Berlin

Quite interesting is the fact that after the Diamond Horseshoe Revue has been gone for quite some time and the Davy Crockett Canoes are already a fading memory of the 20th century that would leave only 4 remaining attractions in all of Frontierland (SM, BTMR, TSI and CBJ).

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Does that mean that there would be two stations since we have heard that the Fire Station is getting one? I imagine a bit of backlash if this is indeed true.

From what I've read of the new game, I believe there are supposed to be multiple stations through MK, like there is at EP. But I didn't know they were taking down the Shooting Arcade completely.....

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I can not say that I am thrilled about this news but I'll wait until the tarps drop before going into a panic. I loved the shooting gallery but I kind of had a feeling that its days were numbered.

autigger

We LOVE the Shooting Arcade. I hope they are not getting rid of it. Seems there is plenty of room elsewhere for a station for the new interactive stuff.

I agree. My son and I really enjoy the Shootin Arcade. It has quite a bit of old school charm without any new school hassle or wait.

I also agree that there a plenty of unused or abandoned facilities or corners of park to add the new interactive offering.

sksowell

I really don't want to see this totally removed. My family has to stop here when we are in MK, it's a tradition. Hopefully they are just updating everything to be an even better shottin game.

raven

As with Kim Possible at Epcot, there will be quite a few stations. These are not part of the game itself but rather an area to get started on the game.

I said it was possibly an area for a station. It could also be that they are adding some of the game elements to that area as well. Most of the game areas won't be noticed, as is with Kim Possible. There might be a marker in the pavement however when all things are said and done.

wendysue

I'll say its shocking that if the gallery is going away it was just glazed over. especially since its a favorite of mine. its one of the last bits of nostalgia for me ever since the contemporary arcade was dismantled. anyone remember the massive arcade there and the shooting gallery. i used to spend hours there, probably drove my parents nuts..."we spend all this money comin here and you just want to play in the arcade?!"

probably should have figured the FL shooting gallery would go the way of the dinosaur as i rarely saw people playing it. but dang, we should propose to disney a fan based historical landmark designation of certain world attractions and such that would be deemed untouchable even in the face of declining profits (i know im in dreamland but let me go). there could be a little plaque in front of these attractions that has the mouse ear logo and in block letters says "untouchable". Of course most of us would say 99.9% of the world is untouchable thereby making expansion the only outlet for new or improved attractions. but screw it, its my world and they just own it.

We love the shooting gallery as well, and stop there every trip, but last November very few of the guns actually worked. Definitely needs a makeover, but I hope it stays. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom