Frontierland Expansion Rumor

huntzilla

Original Poster
A lot of rumblings have been going on the past couple of days. Rumors of a major Frontierland expansion have been said to be in the works, confirmed by multiple sources. I think this would be a great addition to the Magic Kingdom. It would definitely be something for males to counteract the FLE. Not to say that FLE is for girls but I think the majority of guys aren't giddy with join over making birthday cards with Aurora.

I think a great idea would to essentially match FLE's offerings, with Frontierland themes. An E-Ticket thrill ride or dark ride set in the wild west. An animatronic dinner show in a saloon, and then potentially a play area with M&G's ala Grizzly Trail. It would be smart to do this because that would really give MK some room to breathe again and allow Disney to focus on the other parks in the long term future.

huntzilla

Original Poster
It's supposed to be along the lines of Grizzly Trail at HKDL, no real details have been said though. I'm just not seeing Grizzly Trail at MK because it's too close to BTMR in theme and ride type. Hopefully only basic ideas have been taken, aka animatronic bears and such.

SeaCastle

They key word here is changes. The posts regarding the project refer to the rumors as changes, not necessarily expansions.

At this point, it's all up in the air, so to assume anything right now would be folly. Time will tell.

hpyhnt 1000

Sounds interesting, though I would think we'd see something done to Tomorrowland or Adventureland before Frontierland is touched. Behind Liberty Square, Frontierland is really solid in terms of attractions and theming.

Any word on where a new attraction would go? I'm trying to visualize where there is space to do put new attractions... past the railroad station by the SM exit area maybe? Or in the empty land between Splash and Caribbean Plaza? :veryconfu

Captain Neo

Where did this rumor originate from? Source please? If it didn't come from an established website (yes even jimhillmedia will do) im not even going to entertain it.

misterID

They were basically talking about the playground, geyser area of Grizzly Trail. No rides...

The last Frontierland Expansion thread mysteriously disappeared. Hmmm...

DisneyParksFan1

Hmm, someone mentioned on some other thread that someone said something about the project, but then deleted the thread so they won't get in trouble with Disney or something... I don't know. But anyway, so you mean that what will be featured in the expansion/overhaul is the geyser area and the playground?

misterID

Hmm, someone mentioned on some other thread that someone said something about the project, but then deleted the thread so they won't get in trouble with Disney or something... I don't know. But anyway, so you mean that what will be featured in the expansion/overhaul is the geyser area and the playground?

That's just what I'm thinking. Everyone who seems to have any real knowledge about it isn't talking about a big overhaul or a new ride. I think there was something about Tom Sawyer Island being involved. The way I took it was a play area aimed for boys from Grizzly Trail to even out the new girly FLE.

DisneyParksFan1

That's just what I'm thinking. Everyone who seems to have any real knowledge about it isn't talking about a big overhaul or a new ride. I think there was something about Tom Sawyer Island being involved. The way I took it was a play area aimed for boys from Grizzly Trail to even out the new girly FLE.

Wow, that would be a bummer.. I don't think it'll even it out but that's just me. :shrug:

Lee

Adventurer
Hmmm...yeah. Funny how that other thread vanished....

But anyway, so you mean that what will be featured in the expansion/overhaul is the geyser area and the playground?
At this point, nobody on this or any board can say what is coming, if anything at all, because nobody who is in the loop is talking. Belive me, I've been leaning on some sources, but not one is willing to give me any specifics. Nothing is greenlit quite yet, though the area is being looked at.
Patience.

DisneyParksFan1

At this point, nobody on this or any board can say what is coming, if anything at all, because nobody who is in the loop is talking. Belive me, I've been leaning on some sources, but not one is willing to give me any specifics. Nothing is greenlit quite yet, though the area is being looked at.
Patience.

Ah, I see. Well, I guess we will just have to wait then. Thank you very much for at least attempting to find out some specs!:wave:

misterID

Patience.

So there is a possibility it could be an actual big expansion... with a ride? Maybe I'm just jaded, cuz I thought it was going to be really, really small, the way it was being talked about...

kaos

Rainbow Cavern Trainride? Thunder Mesa? Maybe it's just a Woody & Jessie meet and greet.... I'm usually pretty good at sniffing out the "wannabe" rumors, and my nose is running on this one. Too much infrastructure would need to be moved for any real major expansion in that area of the park, and there is no good circulation route there as it is, let alone adding another D or E ticket to that area that is already a congested dead-end. The drainage canals are back there, along with a major part of the area that was designated as permanent preserve as part of the original 1965 agreement with Orange/Osceola counties for Reedy Creek, so any major ANYTHING would have to be within existing borders, and I don't see the Splash exit and train station being re-re-done.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom