From the Rumor Mill for Conversation

Lee

Adventurer
I didn't even realize that would be an issue. I was under the impression that most movie deals included marketing and merchandising, including the likeness of actors, as long as they are portraying the character they played in the movie. Not saying the actor's aren't compensated, but I thought it was something included in movie contracts. Am I totally wrong here?
Sometimes, but not always.
Example: Notice how the Indy AA at DL doesn't look like Harrison Ford, nor is his likeness used anywhere.

bayoutinkbelle

I was there from 2/6-2/9 and the crowds were heavier than I expected. I'm chalking that up to the thousands of cheerleaders there for whatever event was happening (didn't care really. Saw them everywhere, but had no issues with them. :)).

MK was crowded on Sunday night but cleared out very nicely (for me, at least) after Wishes. Got a boat all to myself on Pirates. Best ride ever! :D

I stayed at Saratoga Springs, which did not appear to be anywhere near capacity. The parking lot outside my building was far from full. Perhaps it was just my location within the resort.

disneyliv85

I was there from 2/6-2/9 and the crowds were heavier than I expected. I'm chalking that up to the thousands of cheerleaders there for whatever event was happening (didn't care really. Saw them everywhere, but had no issues with them. :)).

MK was crowded on Sunday night but cleared out very nicely (for me, at least) after Wishes. Got a boat all to myself on Pirates. Best ride ever! :D

I stayed at Saratoga Springs, which did not appear to be anywhere near capacity. The parking lot outside my building was far from full. Perhaps it was just my location within the resort.

I think being on that ride all by myself would creep me out lol maybe I'm a wuss at heart :lookaroun

WDW1974

Funny ... same exact thing happened to me Wednesday night during the first showing of SpectroTragic.

I walked into fortress and saw three bored PoC CMs and one handed me the red card they use to determine waits ... I then proceeded to walk the entire queue without a single person and kind of surprised the CM at the dock who told me to take my pick of seats.

I was the only guest who was being cycled through at the time and that's never happened to me ... at least not during operating hours ... and the park was fairly busy at the time too.

~Pass the Pixie Dust~

Disney05

I've never had the pleasure of staying after Wishes was over. Is there a huge decrease in crowds? Do CM's often remind you the park is closing?

WishIwasThere

The one area that clearly is hurting is retail ... WoD merchandise is practically all on sale and resembles a Circuit City going out of business these days yet I watched and saw far fewer people carrying bags than I have EVER seen at WDW ... guests are there, but they're there on the 4/3 deal and I per capita spending is going to fall through the floor because even with sales like WoD (unprecendented) people just aren't buying like they used to.

From what I understand the next two weeks are expected to be relatively slow and then crowds are expected to pick up and be healthy through Easter.

The big concern/question mark is what will the summer be like ...

I'm just waiting to see what will be offered for the fall. We are planning on a September or October trip and the offers will determine where we stay:
4/3 deal then its a Deluxe resort (since it would then be like paying for seven nights of a moderate)
If no deals, then its off to the Shades of Green for us. Nothing like paying $75 a night for deluxe equivalent room.

WDW Insider

Original Poster
Just that the repair time needed for them was significantly longer than previously suspected. From what I understand, new issues were discovered during the refurbishment. I don't know anything more than that however.

WDW Insider

Original Poster
Much longer... in the months range from what I understand. There were understandably a lot of people pretty frustrated with the situation when it was determined. Illuminations is a huge money maker.

EPCOTCenterLover

These kind of faith vs science discussions can get really nasty- and that is why I avoid other boards where folks get disrespectful and angry toward each other. Let's not ruin WDW Magic boards, please.

Regardless of what you believe, let's be kind.

Enchantâmes

I hated the movie - Disney making fun of themselves.
Woah woah woah! Enchanted is not making fun of anything first off. Enchanted is dedicated to the classic Disney films and those who created them. That's why many of the visuals (as in poses, characters, scenes) are in fact based off films like Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Snow White, Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, etc. You should probably take a second look at it before throwing it away... Take this video for example which shows the intended similarities.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQycJspXaVs

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom