From the OS: Gator drags child into Seven Seas Lagoon

Status
Not open for further replies.

misterID

She has no power to do anything or say anything.

Like I said time for a big guy to say something or maybe they will stick to PR no bodies to reply to all this.

Personally I would be on a plane to WDW and have something to say. I'm a lead by example type of guy and I don't think that's how Disney works any more.
It was painfully obvious that the press conference was put together hastily, and to be nice, pretty sloppily, and she was not prepared to be called to speak when she was. She literally looked at the guy who quickly and awkwardly shifted the spotlight on her like, "seriously?" Law enforcement didn't handle it well. It's past one AM and a few hours into the situation. You're not likely to get the big wigs there at that point.

Scuttle

They do. But you can't foresee every eventuality at a resort built in the swamps. There are questions that need to be answered. I sadly think in the end this will change some policies because I am convinced that animal was being fed regularly (and likely from those new Poly bungalows). I bet either way you'll see cameras going up overlooking those 'private' villas in the near future.
I remember thinking when the bungalows were announced that Disney was insane or just straight greedy, probably the latter,for bringing guests that close to cotton mouths and gators.

misterID

I want impressed with law enforcement's segment either but I gave them the biggest benefit of the doubt. They have just seen things that no one wishes to see in their lifetime.
And that's why they should be the most prepared. But it could simply be media fatigue. A high profiled murder, mass shooting/terrorist attack and now this, they might not have had their best PR people handling it.

s8film40

I want impressed with law enforcement's segment either but I gave them the biggest benefit of the doubt. They have just seen things that no one wishes to see in their lifetime.
Honestly I thought the guy with the Sheriffs dept was great. Perfect mix of not just being a PR person and yet still being able to talk succinctly and professionally. He spoke about it very personally and answered all the questions as best he could without just automatically shifting to "we don't have any information on that".

FrankLapidus

I bet it KILLS disney that they cannot hype their new shanghai resort when its hours from opening. I mean they could but that would probably bring more negative press given events surrounding their theme park.

Seriously, what is wrong with you?

This a terrible, an unimaginably horrific incident and you want to use it to take pot shots at Disney and make snide posts like this?

A 2-year-old child is very likely dead and you take the time to post something like this? Who cares about Shanghai Disneyland? What relevance does it have here?

It really does defy belief the thoughts that go through some people's heads in the wake of tragedies like this. How anyone can watch this unfold and think "I bet it kills Disney they can't hype their new theme park in China" is beyond me.

Gitson Shiggles

There was me, that is Mickey, and my three droogs
Knowing where they are located, Knowing what animals are on property, Knowing how young and naive their cliental could be.

Thats not so say they are 100% responsible, but the knowledge of a risk on a highly populated Theme park property should be something that they try to prevent.

Hopefully, Disney will learn to prevent this from happening in the future. Now, having been on the SSL beaches at night, I noticed the clear signs regarding the water and heeded them. Meanwhile, many others, either out of ignorance or disregard, were in the water anyway. The Disney Co has the deck stacked against them to fully educate guests on the seriousness of water hazards. Disney would be better off Imagineering a tall fence.

oceanbreeze77

This a terrible, an unimaginably horrific incident and you want to use it to take pot shots at Disney and make snide posts like this?

A 2-year-old child is very likely dead and you take the time to post something like this? Who cares about Shanghai Disneyland? What relevance does it have here?

It really does defy belief the thoughts that go through some people's heads in the wake of tragedies like this. How anyone can watch this unfold and think "I bet it kills Disney they can't hype their new theme park in China" is beyond me.

Its not meant to be a snide. Im sorry if it comes off that way but this was going to be a monumental time for disney with their new resort and sadly they are being faced with some of the hardest times they have seen in a while. Its a heartbreaking situation for them that they never expected. It kills them because instead of being excited and trying to hype up the public, they are having to make statements regarding utter tragedy and loss.

Cletus

The people on the News saying the same thing? I agree it doesn't seem relevant in light of the situation, but it's been tied in on the news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom