From August 8 to November 18, 2016, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad will be closed for refurbishment

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Sigh.....just a little vent here.....been planning my first trip with just DH...my 11th trip but first time without children period.....and in the Fall which is unique as we ALWAYS have gone in Jan Feb.....usually to AVOID having my very favorite ride in the whole world, Big Thunder Mountain RR'S refurbs. Just a bit ago I noticed it would be shut during my visit and of course reopen just in time for Thanksgiving chaos! :eek: Need to lie down and regroup..... thinking of course should I wait, I either may not be able to go OR Splash Mountain would be down....a lesser thing but I know there is no guarantee.....just good to know some of you feel my pain.:arghh:o_O:). Maybe they will have a soft opening during MMCP.....hey it COULD happen.....;)

Last edited:

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
Original Poster
In the Parks
No
QUOTE="momof1princess, post: 7304303, member: 88193"]I agree, it's the saddest thing ever. I'll probably buy extra cupcakes to console myself in October. I hope you get a chance at a soft open.[/QUOTE]

A chocolate cupcake sure would help...anything chocolate esp. dark chocolate....may take LOTS of consolation tactics once there and having to simply SEE it? :arghh: :banghead:.....and now I am remembering my very first trip as a young adult.....would you believe I was wary of riding BTM and used my baby as an excuse to stay behind while everyone else but Grandma rode it? :rolleyes: It sure looked more intimidating from the outside...likely imagined a Universal type rickety rollercoaster...:depressed:.hee hee. ;) (good to be able to laugh at one's self.....):angelic:

Last edited:

Tay

Going in October. It's always down when we go! I haven't rode it in 10+ years. It's one of my favorite.

AndyS2992

If this is to add the new effects to the lift hill then I'm all for it. During my trip last year, Pirates was closed the entire time and it's my Mom's favourite ride but we still had a great time. We just rode Splash Mountain more times than usual to compensate.

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Going in October. It's always down when we go! I haven't rode it in 10+ years. It's one of my favorite.
I so feel for you......can't imagine 10 trips without......YIKES! Do you usually go in the fall? Wonder when they last refurbed it?

Herdman

We arrive on the18th so here's hoping they are at least on time, if not early, for all you folks that are there close to that date.

World_Showcase_Lover007

Hopefully they give it a thorough cleaning. It was very dirty and rundown looking (the queue area) back on our trip a few months ago. Some of the interactive elements were broken or messed up, and the inaccessible areas were trashed from people throwing paper, hairbands, etc. out onto these parts of the attraction.

Tay

I so feel for you......can't imagine 10 trips without......YIKES! Do you usually go in the fall? Wonder when they last refurbed it?
Yes we usually go in the fall. Most of my family are diabetics and can't take the heat in the summer and the fall is better for time off from work as well. Haven't been since Memorial Day 2012. Before that the last year we went was 2009 and before that 2006. We've done Universal and other parks in those years. Now we're back to MK.

I'm applying for the college program so hopefully I can get in and ride it lol. It's one of my favorites.

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Good question Bethy, just maybe its a cleanup, touch up the paint thing, and just maybe they will have awesome weather and hard workers doing such and it will be open for the beginning of the Christmas parties.....(hoping someone from that crew reads here and can help move things along...);) Someone must know here.....permits to be filed and such?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom