Frivolous greenery update!

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Omg don't give me a near heart attack like that I thought your post was gonna be that the liberty tree is gone.

I haven't been in the tavern in a while, but I remember coincidentally meeting my friend Amy there and making quite a scene.

Sadly, someday it will be a goner, when it becomes a safety issue. :cry: It has had some serious issues with rot. They tried some standard treatments that failed and they have filled the rot in with concrete, which was used a century ago for rot. For now it is holding. They have also had some limited success in grafting to help fill her out.My hope is when she finally kicks, they have another massive tree ear marked to take her place and will transplant right where this one stands so stately.

It just makes me sick that once trees start to mature they chop them down these days. It wipes the charm and shade out of the parks. :(

luv

What freaking tree?

I swear, I am very familiar with the parks, but everyone always seems to know details better than I do.

Anyone have a pic?

Fairybuzz

Sadly, someday it will be a goner, when it becomes a safety issue. :cry: It has had some serious issues with rot. They tried some standard treatments that failed and they have filled the rot in with concrete, which was used a century ago for rot. For now it is holding. They have also had some limited success in grafting to help fill her out.My hope is when she finally kicks, they have another massive tree ear marked to take her place and will transplant right where this one stands so stately.

It just makes me sick that once trees start to mature they chop them down these days. It wipes the charm and shade out of the parks. :(
Yeah I'd hope they'd replace it!
Something inside me says they wouldn't though :( without it the whole johnny tremaine feel falls to pieces

willtravel

Disney use to be all about trees. Not chain sawing trees. They imported them from around the country to fit themes. When they opened Dixie Landings they transplanted this tree near the main pool area.

4_treemove3.jpg

ltg002000SMALL.jpg

Over thirty years ago a majestic 130-year-old live oak tree (Quercus virginiana) was found on the eastern part of the Disney property and moved about eight miles to the MK.
It amazes me how they can move such large trees and replant. I can't transplant a rose bush without it dying.:(

Nubs70

Guests did fine visiting the parks without planning rides 2 months in advance for 42 years. Why do we need it now?
It's not like you were scheduled to be near that tree during your trip anyhow. Guests deviating from scheduled itineraries will diminish their own MAGICal experience.

WDWDad13

I'm at the crystal palace now...area has been concreted and painted. Doesn't look like another tree will be planted there. Nice open round area now

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
I'm at the crystal palace now...area has been concreted and painted. Doesn't look like another tree will be planted there. Nice open round area now
Photo? I still can't picture where we are discussing.
Maybe someone can circle the area on a park map.
Thx

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom