Frivolous greenery update!

The Empress Lilly

Wow...I may have just met you....and this is crazy...so take a deep breath, and stop blaming Disney for everything....maybe? lol

Maybe there was a problem with the tree (dying, posing danger, etc) we don't know...so why are so many speculating Disney cut it down because they want to be evil mr greenthumb or because they want to find a new way to argue anything against mm+ ... lol.
We 'blame' Disney because blaming Boeing or Microsoft is probably incorrect. ;)

We assume the tree is removed for operationeering reasons because of a long history of tree removal from the MK, especially the hub. It is one step in a larger, continuing process.

Goofnut1980

We noticed it Wednesday too.. I was walking through the area from MVMCP on Tuesday and then Wednesday morning, it was gone! looked silly too, there was no railing!

midwest_mice

During Tueday night's Mickey's Christmas Party, there was was round planter between Crystal Palace and Casey's along the moat's edge. While visiting yesterday, there is brand new concrete where that plater was on Tuesday. This was a very congested area so I am guessing that's why they chose to remove?
new concrete.jpg

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
During Tueday night's Mickey's Christmas Party, there was was round planter between Crystal Palace and Casey's along the moat's edge. While visiting yesterday, there is brand new concrete where that plater was on Tuesday. This was a very congested area so I am guessing that's why they chose to remove?View attachment 41198
Thanks for posting the photo

Bolt

I'm glad that one is gone because people always left strollers in that roundabout to take photos. Get one other person with a stroller/ECV and it's a complete gridlock.

midwest_mice

It was really congested during the Christmas party on Tuesday, they had a photopass photographer taking pictures with guests with a big ornament, so the only way around it was the South side of that planter. I might have a picture of that on my camera, will have to check through the thousand or so pics I took! The one above was from my phone.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
During Tueday night's Mickey's Christmas Party, there was was round planter between Crystal Palace and Casey's along the moat's edge. While visiting yesterday, there is brand new concrete where that plater was on Tuesday. This was a very congested area so I am guessing that's why they chose to remove?View attachment 41198

Thanks for the visual image. Curious, do you remember approximately what time it was when the photo was taken? Just doesn't look all that congested and even more surprising very few strollers.

aladdin2007

Noticed today 1/8, that they have done the same thing now on the other side between the Plaza and tomorrowland restrooms, they have removed the planter and the big tree(s). its all boxed off. more loss of trees/green.

COProgressFan

Noticed today 1/8, that they have done the same thing now on the other side between the Plaza and tomorrowland restrooms, they have removed the planter and the big tree(s). its all boxed off. more loss of trees/green.

Wow...for some reason that seems like an even more egregious offense than the removal by Casey's. I guess it's critical that they have a wide open concrete pathway to a restaurant they keep closed for 48 weeks of the year.

Seriously, are aesthetics even a concern anymore? Do they remember it's a theme park?

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Disney?

Put in a bigger tree.
They can when they want too. There use to be big tree's in the old Fantasyland surrounded by planters you could sit on in the shade. These photo's are from 12/30 FLE update of WDWMagic
Fantasyland_Full_20082.jpg;width=640

They have gone back to sittable planters with useful trees and they are not even in full bloom yet (neither are the Tangled Potty ones that should throw some good shade too.)Yet on Main Street and Hub/Castle they are still chopping away and replacing with twig trees. Where they blew it was around BOG queue area. They sure learned from their BOG mistake of not putting in a few big trees. Now they're passing out umbrellas and water. 3 CMs to pass out manufactured shade.
2lcxqwl.jpg

(sorry don't remember who's photo this is)Edit: DIS

Is this sarcasm? I honestly cannot tell.

If not, my opinion is that the castle is almost nothing without the greenery. Architecture always goes hand in hand with landscaping. This is why I enjoy Disneyland's castle 1000x better.

Sleeping_Beauty_Castle_Main-Street.JPG

So pretty. I remember when Cinderella's Castle had pretty Cherry Trees. Odd, WDW has had the gift of land where DL does not, yet it is WDW the executives decide to chop down the trees. I'm sure it is Meg's fault.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom