Friday's Announcements Predictions Thread!!

HandyAndy

Original Poster
Hey :wave:
Thought it would be fun to make predictions about what Disney is going to announce regarding future projects this coming Friday.
Now I know alot of you (I know I for one would) are going to say 'don't get your hopes up', or 'don't expect anything we don't already know' etc. But hey, its fun to speculate :D
Speculate away :king:

Annual report a view into the future?

I'd bet that most of what we will see on Friday was previewed in the Annual Report concept art we saw last week. I'd be surprised if anything is mentioned that is not in some way related to those images.

Relative to WDW I'm betting we get confirmation of Midway Madness and a possible confirmation of DVC at the Contemporary.

metscool

I am hoping they ay that it was a big mistake changing all the dance night clubs from 18 to 21 and tell us that we could go back.

ImagineerAndy

Hey :wave:
Thought it would be fun to make predictions about what Disney is going to announce regarding future projects this coming Friday.
Now I know alot of you (I know I for one would) are going to say 'don't get your hopes up', or 'don't expect anything we don't already know' etc. But hey, its fun to speculate :D
Speculate away :king:

Toy Story Mania will be confirmed
Monsters INC Laugh Floor will get more info on it
Finding Nemo Musical/Nemo and Friends might get some coverage for opening
Yik Yak Restaurant in Animal Kingdom

I think that's about it for us at WDW...?

HandyAndy

Original Poster
Just a crazy thought, I know it won't happen, but when is ToT 13th anniversary. I think it's coming up soon... how about a ToT 5?
I also heard a crazy rumour on Screamscape (*sigh* I know) that WDW may be receiving Rockin Space Mountain, bu from what I hear, it isn't as succcessfull as they hoped in DLR, so I doubt it will make tis way over to WDW.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Toy Story Mania will be confirmed
Monsters INC Laugh Floor will get more info on it
Finding Nemo Musical/Nemo and Friends might get some coverage for opening
Yik Yak Restaurant in Animal Kingdom

I think that's about it for us at WDW...?
This prediction makes the most sense to me. So far every press conference I have heard simply confirms information that we have been talking about for months. I would love a surprise but I am not counting on it. DVC at the Contemporary might make it out but I highly doubt it especially not with SS and AKL still underway.

PhilharMagician

This prediction makes the most sense to me. So far every press conference I have heard simply confirms information that we have been talking about for months. I would love a surprise but I am not counting on it. DVC at the Contemporary might make it out but I highly doubt it especially not with SS and AKL still underway.

No, but I would expect some more info about AKL DVC. There still is no real dates for opening or when points will go on sale. I bet it will be more than a year before anything is announced for CR DVC.

pat_naughty05

Just a crazy thought, I know it won't happen, but when is ToT 13th anniversary. I think it's coming up soon... how about a ToT 5?
I also heard a crazy rumour on Screamscape (*sigh* I know) that WDW may be receiving Rockin Space Mountain, bu from what I hear, it isn't as succcessfull as they hoped in DLR, so I doubt it will make tis way over to WDW.

If you're a Screamscape reader, you should have seen the rumor regarding ToT 5. They think they'll have some info on it this week.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
No, but I would expect some more info about AKL DVC. There still is no real dates for opening or when points will go on sale. I bet it will be more than a year before anything is announced for CR DVC.
Unless they plan on pricing it much higher than SS or AKL it would not surprise me if they held off on that announcement even longer. Could you imagine how hard it would be to sell out SS if the price was even remotely close to Contemporary?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I also heard a crazy rumour on Screamscape (*sigh* I know) that WDW may be receiving Rockin Space Mountain
-They`d need to add onboard audio first! Generic speaker placement was tried on a grad night, but with the accoustics of a large aircraft hanger you can imagine what it sounded like... plus there`s the slight problem of sync.

I predict the exec who posted the images on the web a week too early is publicly flogged.

PhilharMagician

Unless they plan on pricing it much higher than SS or AKL it would not surprise me if they held off on that announcement even longer. Could you imagine how hard it would be to sell out SS if the price was even remotely close to Contemporary?

Thats why AKL is being held up. For what amount of salt it is worth, I have talked to my DVC salesman last month with a response of "I don't know when they will be on sale". He almost choked when I asked whats up with CR.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Thats why AKL is being held up. For what amount of salt it is worth, I have talked to my DVC salesman last month with a response of "I don't know when they will be on sale". He almost choked when I asked whats up with CR.
Any idea how far off they are for selling out at SS? If the number is pretty high we might be able to expect some form of a fire sale on that resort when AKL gets close to completion.

IcicleM

I do know for a fact that at the press conference, they will be discussing

The Seas With Nemo and Friends
Finding Nemo: The Musical
Monsters Inc: The Laugh Floor Comedy Club

And they'll of course discuss what's happening within the next year in the annual report that we saw. :) It's really not going to be all that much more than what we already know. It usually never is, haha

MKCP 1985

There are a lot of fun things on the board and some are farther along in development than others.

Here are a few things that won't be announced:

1. Expansion of Giant Wand at SpaceShip Earth to Offer Bungee Jumps;

2. Cinderella Castle to be Renamed Hogwarts School;

3. Ticket Prices to be Reduced in 2007;

4. Pluto Versus Goofy: Who's a Dog and Who's a Poser; and

5. The Kazakhstan Pavilion at Epcot

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
There are a lot of fun things on the board and some are farther along in development than others.

Here are a few things that won't be announced:

1. Expansion of Giant Wand at SpaceShip Earth to Offer Bungee Jumps;

2. Cinderella Castle to be Renamed Hogwarts School;

3. Ticket Prices to be Reduced in 2007;

4. Pluto Versus Goofy: Who's a Dog and Who's a Poser; and

5. The Kazakhstan Pavilion at Epcot
I would have believed you had you left out the reduction in ticket prices line.:lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom