Fresh FLE News for March 2010

Wilt Dasney

This was what I was wondering about. If they couldn't quite pull it off for the original Pixie Hollow meet, I'm wondering how it's going to work for a meet with Cinderella and Aurora?
Sounds like capacity was the issue for the PH meet? Reading the ideas for these princess M&G's, it's hard for me to believe every kid is going to have a chance to dance with Cinderella...unless they have 3 or 4 Cindy rooms running at the same time.

Maybe the dancing lessons will pair up kids with each other or with minor "princes" and "princesses" lined up around the walls? It should be interesting to see if they're really able to give every kid some kind of individual attention beyond a hug and a photo, and still keep the crowds moving.

MousDad

Meet and Greets - love 'em or hate 'em, there is one indisputable fact about them: Absolute time vacuums. A touring planner's worst nightmare. They'll suck more hours out of your day than anything in the parks. Makes me shudder.

So one positive that will come from FLE is the massive ensnarement of large numbers of unsuspecting guests in snail-paced queues. :lol:

EPCOT Explorer

Meet and Greets - love 'em or hate 'em, there is one indisputable fact about them: Absolute time vacuums. A touring planner's worst nightmare. They'll suck more hours out of your day than anything in the parks. Makes me shudder.

So one positive that will come from FLE is the massive ensnarement of large numbers of unsuspecting guests in snail-paced queues. :lol:
I suddenly love the FLE. :)

Anything that makes the HM wait a shorter thing makes me happy. :lol:
Sounds like capacity was the issue for the PH meet? Reading the ideas for these princess M&G's, it's hard for me to believe every kid is going to have a chance to dance with Cinderella...unless they have 3 or 4 Cindy rooms running at the same time.

Maybe the dancing lessons will pair up kids with each other or with minor "princes" and "princesses" lined up around the walls? It should be interesting to see if they're really able to give every kid some kind of individual attention beyond a hug and a photo, and still keep the crowds moving.
No, there could be/could have been quite a number of rooms.

aladdin2007

I wish they would just do a Wonderland area instead of this pixie hollow fairy stuff. They could incorporate both walts classic wonderland and characters, and things from the new version as well. Just seems like theres so much they could do. The other parks around the world have done great themed things to Alice from dining to mazes to well I guess Disneyland is the only one with a ride. But its something that could appeal to both boys and girls so much better and adults too. Im not sure why Disney is so adament about tinkerbell and fairy's. It must be a huge seller but honestly im sick of seeing tinkerbell stuff everywhere.

tirian

I didn't think you were anti-FF as some claimed. So, the debate is that the m&g's might be too popular! Yep that makes since. Simple solution is more m&g's. Incorporate next gen m&g's with M&M on msusa, Airiel m&g in little mermaid-land, rapunzel m&g in the FL skyway station etc etc. Just keep adding them as necessary to satisfy the masses.

I like Phase 1, but I am very much anti-Pixie Hollow in its current form. The MK needs more than one new attraction, and a simple Lady Bug Boogie or (worse yet) Pixie Playground isn't enough. Add the fact that the franchise doesn't look like it'll last long, and Pixie Hollow is even less appealing. Luckily, many people think the same thing, and that area is constantly being reworked.

tirian

I wish they would just do a Wonderland area instead of this pixie hollow fairy stuff. They could incorporate both walts classic wonderland and characters, and things from the new version as well. Just seems like theres so much they could do. The other parks around the world have done great themed things to Alice from dining to mazes to well I guess Disneyland is the only one with a ride. But its something that could appeal to both boys and girls so much better and adults too. Im not sure why Disney is so adament about tinkerbell and fairy's. It must be a huge seller but honestly im sick of seeing tinkerbell stuff everywhere.

Wonderland would be wonderful.

jt04

Original Poster
I suddenly love the FLE. :)

Anything that makes the HM wait a shorter thing makes me happy. :lol:

Dang you and mousdad figured out what is so great about m&g's. They absorb crowds. :lol:

But seriously, Disney can add m&g's as needed during the day/season. And make it so people have to come back to "collect them all". So much potential for these to become popular must-see experiences for youngsters and their parents.

tirian

An Alice mini-land would be cool. There is so much you can do with Wonderland.

Well, M&G's are already popular. Surely putting them in nicer buildings wouldn't change that. I don't think anyone is saying the m&g's wouldn't still be popular. In fact, that just strengthens the position people have that there will be no change in the number of guests because of this expansion, just a redistribution/spreading out of guests in a larger, more elaborate area.

The FLE addresses existing problems. It's definitely not Disney's response to Harry Potter.

Well, I hope it isn't. :dazzle:

Wilt Dasney

But seriously, Disney can add m&g's as needed during the day/season. And make it so people have to come back to "collect them all".
How do you figure? By changing what happens when you go in to visit Cinderella or whoever?

I don't think they could just plant Snow White in one of them to mix things up and make it a "new" attraction, since the whole idea is the houses will be designed specifically for the characters they'll hold.

jt04

Original Poster
I like Phase 1, but I am very much anti-Pixie Hollow in its current form. The MK needs more than one new attraction, and a simple Lady Bug Boogie or (worse yet) Pixie Playground isn't enough. Add the fact that the franchise doesn't look like it'll last long, and Pixie Hollow is even less appealing. Luckily, many people think the same thing, and that area is constantly being reworked.

Yes, for once I am having my opinion changed on this forum.:eek::lol: I'd be happy to see Dumbo relocated (I never thought it fit well) and PH being changed to Wonderland with a dark ride based on the new Tim Burton movie. That also ties in well with the tea cups and rethemed barnstormer.

I'm convinced that would be awesome. See, I can change my mind occasionally.

jt04

Original Poster
How do you figure? By changing what happens when you go in to visit Cinderella or whoever?

I don't think they could just plant Snow White in one of them to mix things up and make it a "new" attraction, since the whole idea is the houses will be designed specifically for the characters they'll hold.

No, I mean just not staffing certain m&g's seasonally or only certain days of the week. They could always have the main characters and then add others as the crowds demand. It was just a thought. Don't take it too seriously.

sponono88

I'm not sure I understand the complaints i've been reading Pixie Hollow :shrug: I mean yeah, maybe the franchise wasn't as big as Disney expected.. but to me that doesn't detract from how beautiful the area is and the great detail that went into it. I'm curious if you're all familiar with the Enchantment shows that go on at DL's Pixie Hollow. If they could somehow replicate that the MK on a slightly larger scale I think it would look amazing.

I have a question about the meet-and-greets.. Will they run on a timed schedule or will they happen constantly throughout the day? I'm wondering if you will be allowed to tour the character's houses even if the characters aren't present for meet-and-greets.

Wilt Dasney

No, I mean just not staffing certain m&g's seasonally or only certain days of the week. They could always have the main characters and then add others as the crowds demand. It was just a thought. Don't take it too seriously.

My (attempted) approach to pretty much everything. :cool: :lol:

I'm not sure I understand the complaints i've been reading Pixie Hollow :shrug: I mean yeah, maybe the franchise wasn't as big as Disney expected.. but to me that doesn't detract from how beautiful the area is and the great detail that went into it. I'm curious if you're all familiar with the Enchantment shows that go on at DL's Pixie Hollow. If they could somehow replicate that the MK on a slightly larger scale I think it would look amazing.

I have a question about the meet-and-greets.. Will they run on a timed schedule or will they happen constantly throughout the day? I'm wondering if you will be allowed to tour the character's houses even if the characters aren't present for meet-and-greets.
The most disappointing thing about this expansion is the meet and greets. If those were cut from the plans they would have the right amount of funds to add in 2 attractions. WDW already has a large amount of meet and greets, why do they feel the need to do this.

Wilt Dasney

I don't think anybody knows...quite possibly including Disney. :lol:

jt04

Original Poster
The most disappointing thing about this expansion is the meet and greets. If those were cut from the plans they would have the right amount of funds to add in 2 attractions. WDW already has a large amount of meet and greets, why do they feel the need to do this.

We've covered the "why" rather thoroughly here, reading the threads might help you. People love them and they want more of them. Just because you may not be impressed by the concept means little in that light. Everyone has different tastes. I'm not interested in them but I can definitely see why people would like them.

Wilt Dasney

I never even set foot in DL's PH, because the concept didn't appeal to me at all. It sounds like I should have given it a chance, but nothing I read about it on the map made it sound worth the time.

I think that's the biggest problem with PH; they might build the most amazing attractions ever seen there, and if they promote it as a chance to meet Tinker Bell and her pixie friends, most people are going to walk right past it. It'd be like building an attraction around a He-Man M&G in the 1980s; most people would assume it's for little boys and keep walking.

MousDad

Dang you and mousdad figured out what is so great about m&g's. They absorb crowds. :lol:

Might make us happy, but will it address JL's original concern of having guests with the smallest children waiting in the longest lines for the shortest attractions?

sponono88

I never even set foot in DL's PH, because the concept didn't appeal to me at all. It sounds like I should have given it a chance, but nothing I read about it on the map made it sound worth the time.

I think that's the biggest problem with PH; they might build the most amazing attractions ever seen there, and if they promote it as a chance to meet Tinker Bell and her pixie friends, most people are going to walk right past it. It'd be like building an attraction around a He-Man M&G in the 1980s; most people would assume it's for little boys and keep walking.

i've posted this before but in case you missed it

This is the Enchantment show that was added last year for Summer Nightastic. They're 3-4 different shows that run every 15 minutes. The center fountain isn't working in this video.. but you get the idea.

[youtube]QQBxZEUEHMs[/youtube]

2u7x17s.jpg

3623322076_398847aa94_b.jpg

(big picture, sorry)

Like I said, if they build this on a larger scale at the MK it should be amazing!

We've covered the "why" rather thoroughly here, reading the threads might help you. People love them and they want more of them. Just because you may not be impressed by the concept means little in that light. Everyone has different tastes. I'm not interested in them but I can definitely see why people would like them.
The point I was trying to make was that MK is severely lacking of a major E-Ticket. Cutting out 2 of the meet and greets would leave enough to funds to put an attraction such as Indiana Jones into the park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom