Frequency of trips

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
Original Poster
So, how often do you all get to WDW? I live in South Dakota, and I go once every couple of years... if I'm lucky. Anyone been there so often that it's lost a bit of it's magic? :(

hpyhnt 1000

Well, living in West Palm Beach, we're only about 2 1/2 hours from the parks, so my family's able to get to the parks about once every month. Even after at least 40-45 trips to WDW over the last 5-6 years, I can safely say that the magic is as strong as ever. If anything, I believe in the magic more so now than I did when we first started going.

I love Disney. :)

Nansafan

I live in Chicago and this summer's trip will be my 19th (17th since 1993) and like hpyhnt 1000, the magic is as strong as ever.

celebrat

I live right next door. I've lived in this area for 20 years. Hasn't ruined the magic for me yet (we always have annual passes) :)

LenYJr

Don't feel bad about only going every couple of years - I've only been 6 times in my life in total.

1980 - family trip, 2 days, Contemporary
1993 - 2 day-trips while helping friends move to Orlando for college
1994 - 2 day-trips visiting same friends
2001 - 4 days on my own, All Star Sports
2006 - 40th birthday trip w/bros & sis-in law, Coronado Springs (5 days)
2007 - latest trip, 6 days at Pop w/brother

Going to WDW has definately has not lost it's magic for me. My youngest brother went for the first time last year at age 22 and he's completely taken in by the magic enough he went last month without me!:eek:

I'm pretty sure I won't be going this year, so going forward if I can save enough for every couple years I'll be grateful.

I can see your point though, Tubageek that if going to the World got routine for me I'd probably take a break, but I can't see that happening any time soon.:rolleyes:

RachelP6877

We go once a year I live in NY, this year we were lucky we had a last min trip in Feb and our honeymoon is Next Month for 2 weeks

YankeeMouse

We live in Chicago and have been going 3 or 4 times a year for shorter 4 to 5 day trips. We have an annual pass and now that the kids are grown, it is easy to get away!

cindy_k

I'm 30 minutes away. I go at least every other month.
If something cool is going on.. like Flower and Garden or Food and Wine, I will go 3-4 times a month.

Living Close to Disney is fun! :sohappy:

I have only been down here 3 years but I bought my AP's with in the first month have renewed them every year.

Disneykidder

Wish I could go more often, but being a teacher, I am limited to when I can go. We go about once a year. Not very consistent, but we try.:)

Living in NY also, we are not around the corner. If I ever move to FL, we would go a couple times a month, ideally.:ROFLOL:

doop

Ours tend to be fairly sporadic except for the fact that they're always during spring break. However, we might be going this August. :D

maggiegrace1

We try and go at least 2 times a year..I wish I lived closer I would go all the time.

The magic is always there for me..:)..it seems to get better every year..

primetime52

I live in Miami, so I go to WDW about 6 or 7 times per year; mostly short weekend trips, with maybe one or two 5 day trips thrown in there.

I've gotta say that the more often I go, the stronger the Magic gets. Everytime I leave, all I can think about is "how soon can I come back??"

disneypunker

I grew up in Tampa and lived there untill i was 25. We use to Disney World at least once month if not more. For the past 8 years have lived in Upstate NY dont make it as often. But still try at least once a year. Longest I have went without going to Disney World was Halloween time 2004 Untill X-mas time 2006, but did manage to squeeze in a trip to Disneyland in June 2006. So out of hundreds of trips the magic has never went away, and looking forward to our next trip there in June:sohappy:

ChrisQ

So, how often do you all get to WDW? I live in South Dakota, and I go once every couple of years... if I'm lucky. Anyone been there so often that it's lost a bit of it's magic? :(

My family (and I mean three generations of family these days) generally goes every other year. When we were kids, we went every year! I'll tell you this, it never loses its magic for me, and I could probably speak for my whole family saying that.

ELopez

We live in NC and go once each year.

Maybe now that this thread is going, some of you can make me feel better - I'm starting to get a little embarassed to tell others that "Yes, we are going to WDW AGAIN." We tell ourselves each year that "Next year, we'll go somewhere different." But here we are - planning another trip. I just can't help it. My husband, 4 daughters, & I all love it and can't imagine spending our money on a different vacation.

I agree, it just seems to get more magical! I just wish others would get that!

Tinkerbella16

We go once a year. Been going every year since 1992, and I think we just skipped 1993. We live in NJ so it is hard to go more than once a year. We save all year long just for that one trip. Ahhhh, i cant wait for November!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom