Frequency of trips

adrianuk91

I live in the UK so I haven't been an awful lot. I've been in 1994, 1996, 2002 and I'm going this year on the 20th of October. Each time we've stayed off site in a villa. I would love to stay onsite it's just that it's so expensive, it would cost £500 or more (about $1000) per person to change from the villa we have booked to go in one of the moderate or deluxe disney resorts with Virgin as we don't want to go in the value resorts because we don't want loads of noisey kids running round everywhere at the hotel.

Lucky

So, how often do you all get to WDW? I live in South Dakota, and I go once every couple of years... if I'm lucky. Anyone been there so often that it's lost a bit of it's magic? :(
We go for a week or so each year, since 2003. Yes, it's not as magical as it used to be, but still better than the alternatives as long as our kids are still young enough. And there are always a few attractions and restaurants to try for the first time.

stankly182

I live in Tennessee, and my Mother and I usually go twice a year. It's only a 10-12 hour drive which isn't that bad. We always go in May, and we had been going in October for MNSSHP ( Halloween is my favorite holiday), but this year I caved in and gave up my MNSSHP trip so my Mom could go at Christmas to MVMCP. I live for those 2 trips we take every year, WDW is my "happy place". :lol:

The Disney Kid

When the kids were at home we went once a year. Now, they're grown and gone. So, the Woman and I go twice a year. Also, since I drive a truck and keep an AP, I get by a few days every other month or so. Life is GOOD!

BTW, when the magic stops so will I.

DisneyGigi

We went twice last year, six months apart for 10 days each trip.
Was supposed to go in February again but everyone got sick so I guess it will be just one trip this year. I don't think I could ever go enough that it could ruin the magic for me. Counting the days down til September!

My first time to WDW was in 1992. Ever since, we have been going every year. I think we skipped 2 years through that time frame. 1993 and 2004 I didnt go...I look foward to my Disney trip every year...I just cant get enough!!:kiss:

RedGear

I've been 5 going on 6 times, and working on planning number 7. I here you on not being able to go very often because we live in Michigan. Now that there are little ones in our extended family we are trying to go every other year since we always have a blast down there. I really wish I could go every year and i have been pretty lucky so far since I meet my hubby we have gone almost every year. . .
Only 9 more days and i will be there again!!! :ROFLOL:

JerseySkiddie

Last year was my first year with an AP and made use of it with 3 trips... working on 3 or 4 for this year too. now that I have a mortgage we'll see how many trips I make hehe.

ProfSlim

Been going since I was 10...not too many trips as compared to some of the locals in FLA but enough for a New Englander...

'76 Cont, '78 Cont, '80 Poly, '84 off site, '88 off site, '98 Grand Flo, '99 off site, '00 Grand Flo, '03 Poly, '05 Poly, '06 Poly, '07 Poly

So, whether as a kid, teen, single adult, or Father it's all good. No next trip yet planned but hoping for something in '08 otherwise '09 for sure.

majorrfb

WDW Visits

We try and go at least 2 times a year..I wish I lived closer I would go all the time.

The magic is always there for me..:)..it seems to get better every year..

We live in Western Massachusetts and during 2007 we visited the World 4 times: Jan., Mar., Oct and Dec. This years plans are for 2 visits(so far), Aug 08 and Dec. 08. We never tire of the Disney experience. I usually feel Disney'd out after a visit and vow not to go back for a year. But within 2 weeks after the visits, I'm back to planning-thank God I have a understanding wife!:sohappy:

TheBeatles

I've been to Disney since I was in the womb.

I was born in 87 and I went almost every year up until middle school. Then the trips became more sporadic.

Luckily, I've been spoiled the past 5 years and I've gone numerous times. Even twice in one year!

While I can't remember what years correspond with which resort, I can list the places I've stayed.

Caribbean Beach
All-Star Sports
Port Orleans French Quarter

cabihler

lose the magic NEVER

so many many memories. some of my girls being 3, 4, 5 and now with my grandkids that ages. living the experience like it is all the first time. sitting at OUR table in the cantina in mexico drinking a lot of margaritas and recalling so many happy and special moments with my wife when she was alive.

no each trip is magical and never loses anything. maybe because i too an still a child at heart. but for whatever the reason.. this next trip is our 100th trip to WDW since our first back in 1978. when i calculate the number of entires that we have done in those 100 trips it is well over 1000 entries. when i think of all the money we have spent. LOL.....

the magic is never lost.

abug'saunt

2003 was supposed to be one of those once-in-a-lifetime family trip for DH, my mom, my sister, her then 2 yr old daughter, and myself (obviously :lol:). We all went to DL in 2004 and took my brother, his wife, and their three kids, does that count? :veryconfu. Then the 5 of us decided to go back one more time to see WDW all decorated for Christmas during Christmas. That was in 2005 and was our Christmas gift to the family. In 2007, the 5 of us went back and brought my DH's dad for his first trip to WDW. He absolutely loved it. Actually thought about moving to Florida to be closer. And well, last night, DH told me to start planning for next year. So it works out that we go to WDW every other year. :sohappy:

alilance

We're from CT, just moved 6 months ago from RI. We go definitely once a year, but lately twice a year. We went in Aug, 2007, Dec, 2007, and now in May, 2008!!! :wave::sohappy::wave:

JCorduroy

We're only about 30 minutes from the parks, so we're there in some capacity (DTD, parks, or dinner at a resort) 3 or 4 times a month.

It is, as the kids say, awesome. :p

disneygirl1

Been going to the world since I was 19. Since then I made it my goal to go every other year, but for the last 3 years, I have been lucky enough to go every year! December can't come quick enough!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom