Freeze Warning Tonight (2/17 night - 2/18 morning)

toolsnspools

Meanwhile in NH -

Details for Sunday, February 17 (Evening)
Evening: Cloudy and windy. Low 9F. Winds WNW at 25 to 35 mph. Winds could occasionally gust over 40 mph.

Guess the plastic isn't' coming off the windows this week...

WDW1974

I LOVE this brief blast of air. Was so nice to be out today with a light jacket on and totally blue sky and sunshine ... now it is a chilly 52.6 degrees outside the Spirit Cave, but I've got a couple of bottles of wine and a couple of fanbois here to keep me warm! (amazing what they'll do for some EPCOT 94 guidemaps);):eek::D

WDW1974

CAN NOT WAIT to see the circus tomorrow morning in Town Square!

Poor Entertainment CM's!

Saw them practicing last night in the freezing cold and wind chill at 3am...

Don't know what's funnier ... a circus in Town Square or that WDW actually still has entertainment CMs!

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
Don't know what's funnier ... a circus in Town Square or that WDW actually still has entertainment CMs!

Well they expanded Equity with the Magic Makers and the Giggle Gang.

I like both. Theyre all a bunch of smartasses (In a good way management, in a good way!) I really liked the Giggle gang clowns, reminded me of the 90s cartoon "Animaniacs" but come to life. They need more of that.

I remember when Epcot had the Mobile Muppet Labs about 5 years ago. Wickedly funny; shoulda kept it.

BwanaBob

Lol.

By circus, I was referring to the broadcast of Kelly & Michael... and the CM's appear to be doing Festival of the LK, Be our Guest, as well as some others...

Dasnowz

Cordially invited to spend a winter in N. Illinois, we'll knock 2 of those 3 quilts right off you in no-time.

Ironically I am originally from Illinois. Tinley Park to be exact. I left there in 1985. Only came back for a few visits. I moved south for warm not cold so I feel its ok to complain. I have done my time in cold.

Spikerdink

Watched Live this morning - looks like they had a lot of fun.... Kelly made a comment about the cold and having to wear gloves in Orlando.... I wonder how hard it was to get onto Main Street with the production set up there....

scpergj

Ironically I am originally from Illinois. Tinley Park to be exact. I left there in 1985. Only came back for a few visits. I moved south for warm not cold so I feel its ok to complain. I have done my time in cold.

Born in Chicago, left Addison in 1979 (so yes, I really do know what cold is...). Temp was 28 at 11:30 last night up here in the Jacksonville area...too dang cold. It does, however, remind me why I still live down here...

mickey2008.1

I watch the temps down there in Orlando, and this is the coldest of the year (winter), but it will only last for two days! Two Days! Back in the 70's tomorrow with 80's later in the week. I was there in that cold december2010 when it was cold for the whole week, and that week only. Darn it. Now we just come down in sept for the whole onslaught heat, and love it.

71jason

Thats what I was thinking. Try living in Connecticut where the temps will be going down into the single digits later tonight and when we drive, we have to worry about snow and ice on the roads. Its like a Disney ride just trying to get to work. :eek:

In fairness, having grown up in Connecticut, I don't remember large numbers of people who essentially dress in bikinis and stilts for a living (or guys who run around shirtless on stilts). I was really feeling for the Mardi Gras performers at Universal last night, tho they still at least made it look like they were having a great time.

DaddyDisneyMan

People actually want to live in Florida. No one really wants to live in Detroit.

Wow. That's a pretty poopy thing to say. I live very close to Detroit and no complaining here. I love the 4 seasons we get. Up north is great in the spring, summer and fall. We have great wineries and beautiful resorts to enjoy in the winter. Don't knock Detroit until you've tried it.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR

I drive through Tinley every time I drive my DD down to University of Illinois Champaign.

Even gone from your homeland for 27 years, 3 quilts? I'd think I hit the "change" if I buried myself under 3 quilts. Jiminy it be like WDW in July and August under those quilts.:eek:

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
Wow. That's a pretty poopy thing to say. I live very close to Detroit and no complaining here. I love the 4 seasons we get. Up north is great in the spring, summer and fall. We have great wineries and beautiful resorts to enjoy in the winter. Don't knock Detroit until you've tried it.

Too far north of Canada!

Dasnowz

Born in Chicago, left Addison in 1979 (so yes, I really do know what cold is...). Temp was 28 at 11:30 last night up here in the Jacksonville area...too dang cold. It does, however, remind me why I still live down here...

We got down to 38 in Cocoa Beach. wind chill was 30 though...and yes it does remind my why we moved this far south.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom