Free water inconsistencies.

TrainsOfDisney

Original Poster
At Disneyland the free water has become extremely inconsistent. Sometimes you get water and no ice. Sometimes you get ice and no water (instructed to fill it yourself from water fountains) and sometimes you get really lucky and get a large cup of ice and water!

Would be nice if the guest came first with such a simple request.

Ryan120420

Award Wieners is my go to place to get a free water in a large cup. Everywhere else Ive never had an issue getting water but they always give it to me in small cups.

If I want to fill my own water bottle or go get a large cup and fill it myself I go to:

Plaza Inn
Alien Pizza Planet
Boardwalk Pizza and Pasta

Parteecia

At Disneyland the free water has become extremely inconsistent. Sometimes you get water and no ice. Sometimes you get ice and no water (instructed to fill it yourself from water fountains) and sometimes you get really lucky and get a large cup of ice and water!

Would be nice if the guest came first with such a simple request.
I agree. It's a minor but definite annoyance when they've given me my food and I just want to sit and eat, not have to go fill it. There were often lines at the Tavern water faucet, more annoyance.

D.Silentu

Water bottle fill stations were built along with Galaxy's Edge and upon seeing that I had hoped that they would add more throughout the parks, appropriately themed of course. That should alleviate most of the requests for water throughout the day, but no restaurant should deny water to its patrons.

SuddenStorm

Water bottle fill stations were built along with Galaxy's Edge and upon seeing that I had hoped that they would add more throughout the parks, appropriately themed of course. That should alleviate most of the requests for water throughout the day, but no restaurant should deny water to its patrons.

They added one to Tomorrowland- perhaps they were planning on adding more and covid derailed that?

MarvelCharacterNerd

I'm far more irritated by the straw situation. Paper straws are TERRIBLE!!!

I was super excited to recently find one place at the park using compostable straws that were not traditional plastic and not paper but worked just fine. I even told the CMs there the straws were great and they should keep them! lol

IMG_6767.JPG

Yes. I took a picture of a straw. You have no idea how much I hate the paper ones. This gave me some small sliver of hope. lol

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I'm far more irritated by the straw situation. Paper straws are TERRIBLE!!!

I was super excited to recently find one place at the park using compostable straws that were not traditional plastic and not paper but worked just fine. I even told the CMs there the straws were great and they should keep them! lol

View attachment 657499

Yes. I took a picture of a straw. You have no idea how much I hate the paper ones. This gave me some small sliver of hope. lol

I was told by CMs early last month when I went that almost all locations have both kinds of straws and also have lids, you just have to ask. They aren't going to automatically give you them.

MarvelCharacterNerd

I was told by CMs early last month when I went that almost all locations have both kinds of straws and also have lids, you just have to ask. They aren't going to automatically give you them.
Paper straws were everywhere and I was only offered the good/compostable ones at one location. Any other place I asked for straws I was given paper ones or pointed to paper straw dispensers.

You're saying I need to special request non-paper straws everywhere else?! Is there a secret password or special handshake required, too? Or should I just tell them:

1659491437131.png

;)

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Paper straws were everywhere and I was only offered the good/compostable ones at one location. Any other place I asked for straws I was given paper ones or pointed to paper straw dispensers.

You're saying I need to special request non-paper straws everywhere else?! Is there a secret password or special handshake required, too? Or should I just tell them:

View attachment 657501

;)
Dunno, just telling you what I was told by a CM. I got about 50/50 when I asked when I went last month, maybe not all CMs know. But got a lid 100% of time when I asked.

Just letting you know my experience, obviously YMMV.

waltography

Rose Tavern and Galactic Grill.
Galactic Grill has those water-cooler style fountains to the left of the order/pick up windows which is likely why they give you the ice (I remember this always being the case since Disneyland reopened last year); I think Red Rose Taverne also has that kind of spigot inside but can't be sure.

TrainsOfDisney

Original Poster
Galactic Grill has those water-cooler style fountains to the left of the order/pick up windows which is likely why they give you the ice (I remember this always being the case since Disneyland reopened last year); I think Red Rose Taverne also has that kind of spigot inside but can't be sure.
So? Is that a reason To not give a guest a cup of water?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom