Free Internet? That simple?

JML42691

Original Poster
Hey Everybody,
Down in the world right now staying at the Boardwalk Villas using DVC points. I plugged in my computer to the internet in the room, followed the instructions on the card, and saw the page that mentioned that the $9.95 fee did not apply to DVC members (which we are). I did not enter any extra code, or do anything on the online page to verify that I was in face a DVC member. Is the fact that my family is staying at a DVC resort on DVC points and connecting to the internet in that room all that I have to do to gain free access? I am fine paying the $9.95 fee once if I missed a step or something, but would like to know in the future if I am still able to get free access.

Thanks!

DisneyPhD

There's nothing else you should have to do. We stayed at BCV in March, logged in every day, accepted the terms and never got charged for it. Just make sure to check your statement before you leave for any errant charges.

mickeypal1

I agree with checking your bill. Last summer we used the internet and we were charged two of the six days we were there. We called and they took it off. It was no big deal to get it taken off but I am glad that we checked.

Goofy10

I always use the Wi fi at Saratoga and just click acceptance of the terms and conditions. I have never been charged. Incidentally the speed of the internet is really good

slappy magoo

There's nothing else you should have to do. We stayed at BCV in March, logged in every day, accepted the terms and never got charged for it. Just make sure to check your statement before you leave for any errant charges.

That was all it took for us during our last trip, though of course, being a noodge, I called the front desk the night before we left to insure we wouldn't be charged.

shaelyn

Question: I'm not a DVC member, but my sister has booked a room for us at SS using her points for this May. Do I get to use the internet since a DVC member booked the room, or do I have to pay since a non-DVC member is staying in the room?

Phonedave

I always use the Wi fi at Saratoga and just click acceptance of the terms and conditions. I have never been charged. Incidentally the speed of the internet is really good

It was pretty good, but I could not connect to my work network via VPN while using it. I had to go back to using cellular broadband. Oh well.

-dave

foreverbelle

This is good to know, since we are heading down in August, and I would like to at least be able to bring my computer, granted I don't feel the need to be on it all the time, after all I am at disney and on vacation. But I do like knowing that I can have it there if need be.

Pioneer Hall

Question: I'm not a DVC member, but my sister has booked a room for us at SS using her points for this May. Do I get to use the internet since a DVC member booked the room, or do I have to pay since a non-DVC member is staying in the room?

Can't guarantee anything, but odds are that you won't be charged because it will seem like a DVC member is staying in the room on points. Don't hold me to it though since it is just me speculating.

Ghall

We stayed at the Beach Club Villas last summer. We are not DVC members but our hotel room was booked at the AP rate. We logged onto the internet on six different occassions and we were not charged for any of them. When we logged on we did get the message that it was free for DVC members but we were just AP holders.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom